collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:10:10 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Si
[Today at 07:09:29 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:05:47 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:03:59 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Beard82
[Today at 07:02:25 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Bad English
[Today at 07:01:52 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 07:00:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 06:55:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 889349 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Tyrone Mings (confirmed as awesome)
« Reply #1395 on: June 24, 2019, 08:57:05 PM »
I thought Ming was an Emperor rather than a king.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1396 on: June 24, 2019, 09:45:13 PM »

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #1397 on: June 24, 2019, 09:47:49 PM »
Fucking dust...

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #1398 on: June 24, 2019, 09:54:51 PM »
Honestly, I haven't had a ready-made, fresh out of the box, all action clarry-blue hero since Andy Gray. Please come.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #1399 on: June 24, 2019, 10:06:15 PM »
He's going to be a legend here.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1400 on: June 24, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »
Whether he signs permanently or not, I will forever be grateful for the 6 months he gave us this past season, the passion and commitment he showed us, and am massively impressed by the class act he so clearly is. I'd never given him a second's thought before this season, but will always keep an eye on his career now, whether with us or some other lesser club. Unlike so many modern footballers he deserves the absolute best of what the game has to offer a player.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1401 on: June 24, 2019, 10:16:40 PM »
I love this man. https://twitter.com/OfficialTM_3/status/1143239974000779265

I hope am right as I read this as, 'me coming to Villa will be done by his birthday'.  I hope so.  Great letter, great response.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1402 on: June 24, 2019, 10:25:15 PM »
Whether he signs permanently or not, I will forever be grateful for the 6 months he gave us this past season, the passion and commitment he showed us, and am massively impressed by the class act he so clearly is. I'd never given him a second's thought before this season, but will always keep an eye on his career now, whether with us or some other lesser club. Unlike so many modern footballers he deserves the absolute best of what the game has to offer a player.

I've had him down as a genuine good guy ever since he gave tickets to an Ipswich fan on twitter - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-21821696.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1403 on: June 25, 2019, 01:36:15 PM »
I do wonder what the hold up is

We must have agreed a price when we took him on loan
He does not look like being in their plans
He clearly wants to come here (even if his missus doesn't)

Come on Villa get it done

Offline frank black

« Reply #1404 on: June 25, 2019, 01:50:16 PM »
I do wonder what the hold up is

We must have agreed a price when we took him on loan
He does not look like being in their plans
He clearly wants to come here (even if his missus doesn't)

Come on Villa get it done

Sadly we didn’t agree anything other than the ability to match opposing bids.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1405 on: June 25, 2019, 01:59:16 PM »
We didn't agree the price.  The deal agreed was that we could match any bid and have first refusal if that happened.  They know we have made him better so are probably trying create a bidding war (despite his release clause being £15m).* 

*Please note I may have made this bit up to coincide with previous humorous threads on this subject.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1406 on: June 25, 2019, 02:46:25 PM »
The matching bid thing is a bit misleading, as there is no obligation on Bournemouth to accept ANY bid.  I suspect we asked for right-to-buy clause, which was rejected. Then we asked for a deal that meant we get first refusal if they DID choose to sell.

The simple fact is Bournemouth don't have to sell him to us, or anyone - but it certainly helps them to get a bidding war going (though I've no idea who the other bidders would be at this stage?). 

There was a rumour a couple of weeks ago that Ake was being looked at by Spurs - I hope the Mings delay isn't related to Bournemouth waiting to see how that plays out...

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1407 on: June 25, 2019, 02:49:37 PM »
The matching bid thing is a bit misleading, as there is no obligation on Bournemouth to accept ANY bid.  I suspect we asked for right-to-buy clause, which was rejected. Then we asked for a deal that meant we get first refusal if they DID choose to sell.

The simple fact is Bournemouth don't have to sell him to us, or anyone - but it certainly helps them to get a bidding war going (though I've no idea who the other bidders would be at this stage?). 

There was a rumour a couple of weeks ago that Ake was being looked at by Spurs - I hope the Mings delay isn't related to Bournemouth waiting to see how that plays out...

I honestly don't think it matters what happens with Ake, other than them not wanting to start looking for a new defender without knowing what they're looking to replace.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1408 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »

In practice does a matching clause make any difference to anything at all?

If we didn’t have it we could still match any offer and the club could still say yes or no. If there is more than one offer then presumably the player decides.

I can’t see how any of that works differently with or without this clause.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1409 on: June 25, 2019, 06:37:42 PM »

In practice does a matching clause make any difference to anything at all?

If we didn’t have it we could still match any offer and the club could still say yes or no. If there is more than one offer then presumably the player decides.

I can’t see how any of that works differently with or without this clause.

It means they have to inform you of it if they accept it. Then you can make an identical bid which also must be accepted and you get first dibs on talking to the player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal