collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wigan v Villa post-match thread  (Read 31032 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Wigan v Villa post-match thread
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2019, 05:23:43 PM »
Having a coffee in the Costa outside the DW and wracking my brains as to think of a worse performance whilst we've been in this division.  A few surges forward by McGinn was about all we offered over 90 minutes.

To a litany of shitness I would add Bolaise to the list of players who I look forward to never again seeing in a Villa shirt. 

Oh, and a goalkeeper who believes short throws to closely marked defenders is a viable outlet when your under the cosh.

I suspect the last point is indicative of muddled thinking in the game plan.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2019, 05:23:50 PM »
The only thing I want to hear from Smith right now is an apology to the guys and gals that were unfortunate to witness that in the flesh, and a promise it will never happen again.  If he makes one excuse he goes straight into the list of recent crap managers and will not get back out again

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »
Having a coffee in the Costa outside the DW and wracking my brains as to think of a worse performance whilst we've been in this division.  A few surges forward by McGinn was about all we offered over 90 minutes.

To a litany of shitness I would add Bolaise to the list of players who I look forward to never again seeing in a Villa shirt. 

Oh, and a goalkeeper who believes short throws to closely marked defenders is a viable outlet when your under the cosh.

yeah I think we should send Bolasie back to Everton, surely could put that budget to better use elsewhere.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2019, 05:26:01 PM »
Gob-smackingly, jaw-droppingly, worryingly awful. New levels of shitness reached, all capped by possibly the worst debut I've ever seen. Dreadful all round, on the pitch and in the dugout. How is it possible that we're getting worse?

No the worst debut I ever saw was Ken McNaught and he didn’t turn out to be too bad in the end

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2019, 05:27:51 PM »
Stamford Bridge 8-0 the last time I saw something so pathetic as that.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2019, 05:28:34 PM »
Holy dog shit, i don't know where we go from here.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2019, 05:29:12 PM »
Like Top Deck, I'm trying to think when we were as bad as that since we've been down here, except I wish I was musing that over a pint instead of being stuck on a coach. It was absotuley abysmal.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2019, 05:29:28 PM »
To make today worse, I've just seen the result of the Bury-MK Dons match. A match for which I was yesterday offered a free ticket by the club, but passed in order to see my club.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2019, 05:29:48 PM »
An absolutely disgraceful performance , not one of them can gain any credit, lovre maybe up until he started kicking into touch ag every opportunity.  Devoid of ideas staggering decline since November.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2019, 05:31:01 PM »
Like Top Deck, I'm trying to think when we were as bad as that since we've been down here, except I wish I was musing that over a pint instead of being stuck on a coach. It was absotuley abysmal.

Preston away under RDM.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2019, 05:31:27 PM »
Gob-smackingly, jaw-droppingly, worryingly awful. New levels of shitness reached, all capped by possibly the worst debut I've ever seen. Dreadful all round, on the pitch and in the dugout. How is it possible that we're getting worse?

No the worst debut I ever saw was Ken McNaught and he didn’t turn out to be too bad in the end

Funnily enough Hause was so extraordinarily bad I did wonder if he might be destined to become a club legend. It sort of had the feeling of a debut that might go down in folklore, if you know what I mean.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »
As high as the high felt and was shortly after he arrived the 180 degree reverse is as low in equal measure. The last two games have been as shit as anything Bruce served up.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2019, 05:33:19 PM »

Funnily enough Hause was so extraordinarily bad I did wonder if he might be destined to become a club legend. It sort of had the feeling of a debut that might go down in folklore, if you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean but do not want associate todays shite with that.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2019, 05:34:36 PM »
Those were the days...

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2019, 05:35:29 PM »

Akin to Ugo against Norwich?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal