collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The International Cricket Thread  (Read 816114 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: The International Cricket Thread
« Reply #5670 on: September 10, 2021, 10:28:17 AM »
Complaints taken on board, lessons learned, structures put in place moving forward, nobody sacked, by any chance?

Online tomd2103

« Reply #5671 on: September 10, 2021, 10:44:38 AM »
Absolute disgrace from the Indian team and management.  Basically sacked off a test match 2 hours before it starts in order to protect their IPL involvement.  I'm sure a really firm punishment will be forthcoming from the ICC.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #5672 on: September 10, 2021, 10:50:10 AM »
Absolute disgrace from the Indian team and management.  Basically sacked off a test match 2 hours before it starts in order to protect their IPL involvement.  I'm sure a really firm punishment will be forthcoming from the ICC.

Haven't the BCCCI got the majority on the ICC so i doubt it.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5673 on: September 10, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »
The truth is that the shower of shit called the IPL is dumping on all of us. The players all tested negative others were isolated so why not play. In a previous test 4 Indian staff tested positive but the match went ahead. The tossers have to be in UAE on Tuesday and if the test match was played they can’t. Come on ICC show some gonads.

Online olaftab

« Reply #5674 on: September 10, 2021, 10:57:10 AM »
Never mind ICC who are gutless what about ECB?
ECB have capitulated already by considering BCCI offer to reschedule. Obviously when it suits Indian players😳

Online tomd2103

« Reply #5675 on: September 10, 2021, 11:15:12 AM »

Haven't the BCCCI got the majority on the ICC so i doubt it.

Sorry, was being sarcastic!!  BCCCI run the game so absolutely nothing will be done.

Offline Martin Carruthers

« Reply #5676 on: September 10, 2021, 11:16:19 AM »
Meant to be going tomorrow, miserable. Shame for the people who would have already set off when the announcement was made.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #5677 on: September 10, 2021, 11:16:55 AM »
ECB have capitulated already by considering BCCI offer to reschedule. Obviously when it suits Indian players😳

Not sure there was much the ECB could have done when they were informed 2 hours before the start of play that the Indians weren't playing.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #5678 on: September 10, 2021, 11:35:17 AM »

Cricket really doesn't help itself sometimes, and the ECB have been in my bad books for a while now.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #5679 on: September 10, 2021, 12:01:22 PM »
It should be deemed unsafe for the Indian players and staff to leave Manchester.

The UK Govt should insist that they quarantine for ten days in the Ancoats Travelodge

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5680 on: September 10, 2021, 12:32:07 PM »
This may have been unavoidable, I don’t know, but the ICC needs to do something about the prioritisation of Test cricket.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5681 on: September 10, 2021, 12:37:00 PM »
On a related point the ECB need to sort out the prioritisation of first class and Test cricket. We have now failed to beat India, Australia and New Zealand in our most recent home series against them. That’s not good enough.

Online olaftab

« Reply #5682 on: September 10, 2021, 01:24:16 PM »
Not sure there was much the ECB could have done when they were informed 2 hours before the start of play that the Indians weren't playing.
Errrm…yes they should ask for forfeiture as opposition have not met the requirement and rules are clear. By entering into negotiations to reschedule they are compromised and made it easier for ICC to call the match void.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #5683 on: September 10, 2021, 03:15:28 PM »
Errrm…yes they should ask for forfeiture as opposition have not met the requirement and rules are clear. By entering into negotiations to reschedule they are compromised and made it easier for ICC to call the match void.

I wonder if ticket refunds are affected by how the match is classed?

What a depressing day for cricket.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #5684 on: September 10, 2021, 06:51:25 PM »

Surely their hand was forced somewhat by having to try and recoup some of the lost revenue.  Sorry, but the Indian team and their arrogant attitude are the ones to blame here. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal