collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:26:22 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Dave P
[Today at 10:25:49 AM]

Robin Olsen by Ads
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Ads
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Ollie Watkins by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:42:08 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: End of season and who do we keep?  (Read 7263 times)

Offline eddiemunster

End of season and who do we keep?
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »
The following are out of contract at the end of the season, who would you give another year to? ;

Jed Steer, Tommy Elphick, Alan Hutton, Glen Whelan, Mile Jedinak, Mark Bunn, Ritchie de Laet, Micah Richards, Mitch Clarke, Jordan Lyden, Kelsey Mooney, Isiah Bazeley-Graham, Easah Suliman, Alex Prosser, Jack Clarke, Josef Pastorek, Harry McKirdy, Jordon Cox, Corey Taylor, Callum O'Hare, Harvey Knibbs, Indiana Vassilev.

Under youth contract until the end of season;

Callum Stretch, Callum Rowe, Jake Walker, Charlie McChonnachie, Ethan Patterson, Mungo Bridge, Luke Ige, Jack Birch, Lewis Brunt, Charlie Farr, Colin Odutayo, Jacob Ramsey, Ben Guy, Michael Tait, Dimitri Sea.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: End of season and who do we keep?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 01:13:17 PM »
The following are out of contract at the end of the season, who would you give another year to? ;

Jed Steer, Tommy Elphick, Alan Hutton, Glen Whelan, Mile Jedinak, Mark Bunn, Ritchie de Laet, Micah Richards, Mitch Clarke, Jordan Lyden, Kelsey Mooney, Isiah Bazeley-Graham, Easah Suliman, Alex Prosser, Jack Clarke, Josef Pastorek, Harry McKirdy, Jordon Cox, Corey Taylor, Callum O'Hare, Harvey Knibbs, Indiana Vassilev.

You sure O'Hare is out of contract? if so that's mental.

I wouldn't keep any of the older ones mentioned, probably some of the kids but i'm not sure who's good and who's not these days

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 01:20:14 PM »
Wouldn't give a contract to any of them.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 01:26:47 PM »
Can’t really make a judgement on this until we know who joins in this window and what league we are in next year.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 01:38:04 PM »
Ohare and knibbs

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 01:39:38 PM »
Wouldn't give a contract to any of them.
The only ones I might are the ones I have not seen and know nothing about.
I think a Ohare might be worth persevering with.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 03:00:59 PM »
Well Micah has certainly earned a new one  >:(

I would like to see if we had a player in RDL - pre season under Bruce he was very good then never got a sniff

All the others - no

The kids - meh

I speak with a guy who does all the U23 and youth teams and he says there is not one stand out at the moment but he also said that Jack hardly set the world alight in the U23 and came in from no where so its hard to tell

Online tomd2103

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 03:10:35 PM »
Looks like we will lose out on a bit of cash there, as we probably could have got some money for Steer, Elphick, Jedinak and De Laet had they been sold.  As it is, I imagine they will all go on a free in the summer and I certainly wouldn't be too disappointed to see any of the senior players go (in fact there should be a street party in B6 to celebrate Richards finally leaving!).

The only two I would perhaps consider keeping would be Steer as back-up keeper (though I think he will probably want to move on and be a number 1 somewhere now) and De Laet (simply because I don't think he has been given enough of a chance).   

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 06:36:05 PM »
Well Micah has certainly earned a new one  >:(

I would like to see if we had a player in RDL - pre season under Bruce he was very good then never got a sniff

All the others - no

The kids - meh

I speak with a guy who does all the U23 and youth teams and he says there is not one stand out at the moment but he also said that Jack hardly set the world alight in the U23 and came in from no where so its hard to tell

If he thinks Jack came from nowhere hes not a good judge

From 15, when he was playing with kids two years his senior, his talent was obvious. Indeed I struggle to imagine anyone watching grealish for half an hour and not seeing the effortless talent

Offline mike

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 06:39:05 PM »
Can’t really make a judgement on this until we know who joins in this window and what league we are in next year.

I thought I was a miserable old bastard, but even I don’t think we’re going to be relegated.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 09:38:59 PM »
For three years in the Championship and a spectacular spend, that's a whole heap of shit we've accumulated.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 09:42:24 PM »
Adomah is out of contact too isn’t he?
I wouldn’t give any of the senior ones a new deal. Based on those seniors listed above we’re talking the best part of £200k a week in wages

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 09:44:54 PM »
We need change. There’s too many players from our first season in the Chumps hanging around. They can all go.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 09:50:41 PM »
There's a lot of make do and mend in that squad, and a lot of 'what the hell did we buy that for?!' It's like clearing the garage after your Nan dies.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 10:04:07 PM »
I think we should be relatively cautious and just dump everyone who isn't a youth team player

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal