collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 34487 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2018, 10:20:37 PM »
Stoke are going to fucking get it!

Online Rudy65

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2018, 10:20:53 PM »
We may be the best team in the league coming forward but we're very very average at the back.  Calamitous at times.  Yes we can get replacements in but the improvement required isn't going to happen overnight.  Hopefully - and it's certainly doable - we can score 2 or 3 in most games until then.

That’s the price you pay for being an attacking team. Personally I love it

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »
Its gutting, obviously. Howeve, what I've seen the last few weeks has convinced me we are the best team in this league. Why we took so long to get rid of Bruce is completely beyond me.

Get a new goalkeeper and defensive cover in Jan and we will.go up
And we've played 5 of the top 7 away.Chester was back to his best tonight .

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2018, 10:22:40 PM »
A draw was sadly the inevitable result, once Abraham had missed the sitter.

Nyland is a total liability, trying to catch that cross was utterly ridiculous, when the instinct of any half decent keeper should have been to fist the ball somewhere beyond the 18 yard box, with the oncoming striker propelled on the same trajectory. 

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2018, 10:23:24 PM »
The more I see the replay the worse it gets.

It really is appalling.  Nyland's positioning is highly suspect but it's handled away from him and then, a la Denis Wise's goal for England all those years ago, accidentally handled into the net.  It happens.  We will just have to play our way to promotion.  Keeper, left back, centre back and a better defensive midfielder and we are easily up there.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2018, 10:23:34 PM »
No chance of going up with the weak as water Nyland in goal.  The lad is just rubbish.

he is just dreadful, soft as shit for that "goal" at end. take man ball and all ffs

we miss Johnstone something awful to be honest

was thinking at 2-1 up, we had made them look very average, the only moments of danger were Chester's brainfart and that throw in that bounced twice in our box

Abraham missed enough to win 2 games, keep that performance level up and we will easily make play offs

Nyland 4 - not good enough, far too soft, needs replacing urgently
Hutton 7 - unlucky for first goal, made some excellent blocks and did well on left
Tuanzebe 8 - used ball very well and stepped out of the back well all night
Chester 7 - one of his best performances of late, but then a mad moment near end coming for a header and ball bounced over him
Taylor 6 (Elmo 7), Bar a stupid free kick before half time Taylor was solid again until injury, Elmo was very good when he came on at right back and is having a fine season
El Ghazi 8 - mixed in first half but brilliant in second half with an outstanding goal
Hourihane 7 - solid performance again, has started passing the ball with his right foot which is positive
McGinn 9 - outstanding throughout, best player on park by a distance I thought
Grealish 7 (Whelan 6) - quiet in first half but improved in second, good that we arent as completely reliant on him, Whelan competed fine when he came in
Bolasie 7 (Kodjia 5) - similar to Grealish improved after half time, put a goal on a plate for Abraham that should have finished the game, Kodjia was lively when he came on I thought but failing to make an effort to track run at end was crucial, drifting out of contention
Abraham 6 - cant fault his hold up play or movement tonight, its vastly improved, had a shocker in front of goal unfortunately

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2018, 10:24:26 PM »
I'm still livid with the officials. they cost us the game.

Tammy didn't help, he's not allowed to win anymore PotM's.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:21 PM »
Bomber Brown is a ******.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2018, 10:27:28 PM »
Only just got out. I was hoping to see them lift the cup after beating us 2-2.

First time I've been hit by a bottle as well. Sad, sad, cheating ******.

Should have been 3 or 4 tonight. I appreciate you saying you've got to take your chances, but you've got to have confidence that the officials can spot the blatantly obvious.

Atrocious.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »
Fuck all of them.

3 points or 1, the rest if this division knows they will be in our shadow.

Forever

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2018, 10:29:18 PM »
Robbed

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2018, 10:29:49 PM »
We may be the best team in the league coming forward but we're very very average at the back.  Calamitous at times.  Yes we can get replacements in but the improvement required isn't going to happen overnight.  Hopefully - and it's certainly doable - we can score 2 or 3 in most games until then.
I think we're improving in that area,we restricted the Baggies to very few chances and they are at the moment the leading goalscorers in the league.
Hutton,Chester and Axel were good  and are well above average players in this league and I think that we will further improve in that area come the January sales.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2018, 10:29:55 PM »
No chance of going up with the weak as water Nyland in goal.  The lad is just rubbish.

he is just dreadful, soft as shit for that "goal" at end. take man ball and all ffs

we miss Johnstone something awful to be honest

was thinking at 2-1 up, we had made them look very average, the only moments of danger were Chester's brainfart and that throw in that bounced twice in our box

Abraham missed enough to win 2 games, keep that performance level up and we will easily make play offs

Nyland 4 - not good enough, far too soft, needs replacing urgently
Hutton 7 - unlucky for first goal, made some excellent blocks and did well on left
Tuanzebe 8 - used ball very well and stepped out of the back well all night
Chester 7 - one of his best performances of late, but then a mad moment near end coming for a header and ball bounced over him
Taylor 6 (Elmo 7), Bar a stupid free kick before half time Taylor was solid again until injury, Elmo was very good when he came on at right back and is having a fine season
El Ghazi 8 - mixed in first half but brilliant in second half with an outstanding goal
Hourihane 7 - solid performance again, has started passing the ball with his right foot which is positive
McGinn 9 - outstanding throughout, best player on park by a distance I thought
Grealish 7 (Whelan 6) - quiet in first half but improved in second, good that we arent as completely reliant on him, Whelan competed fine when he came in
Bolasie 7 (Kodjia 5) - similar to Grealish improved after half time, put a goal on a plate for Abraham that should have finished the game, Kodjia was lively when he came on I thought but failing to make an effort to track run at end was crucial, drifting out of contention
Abraham 6 - cant fault his hold up play or movement tonight, its vastly improved, had a shocker in front of goal unfortunately

I agree with nearly all of this.  Except, Kodjia played like some prima donna again where he doesn't want to track back, gave the ball away softly a couple of times, tried to take them on all by himself.  Personally, I'd try and swap him in January.  He's just not a team player.  I wish he was because he could be brilliant.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2018, 10:30:26 PM »
It’s all very well complaining about the handball but Nyland has once again cost us by trying to fcukin catch a ball at waist height instead of trying to punch.  He’s a fcukin liability.  Bruce’s last joke on us.

Yeah, I imagine he's chuckling away whilst stroking his cat and planning to steak the moon.

And counting his millions whilst eating a family platter of pork pies

He actually anticipated the West Brom player would cheat and let him do it. He's worse than Hitler.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
Rodriguez palms the ball over the line then buries his head as he thinks it will be disallowed. How can we allow decisions like this in the modern game? it could have been the deciding game at Wembley.
Tammy is young but his conversion rate to chances needs to improve he should have put the game away very early but the team as a whole were great to watch we have the best forward set up in the league, strengthen the defence in January and we will qualify automatically.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal