collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: QPR vs Aston Villa Match Thread  (Read 29183 times)

Online saint13

Re: QPR vs Aston Villa Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2018, 08:39:57 PM »
Taylor,  Hutton El Hamedy awful have to get rid of all three. I thought Taylor was at fault for the goal should have been round on the cover.

Abrahams is 6ft 4" of wind and pips...he has to learn to punch his weight. He is too easy to play against.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2018, 08:40:27 PM »
You kicked a ball at me, I'm offended, upset and angry...reminds you of the internet.

Online dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2018, 08:40:36 PM »
Kodjia is useless out on the left and it's plainly obvious he is sulking that he is not the focal point in the side. Pre-game, Tammy was asked what he thought was his best position, to which he replied ''out on the left'' so why don't they alternate positions?

Taylor is also worse than crap. Put Hutton to left back, Elmo to right back and Bolaise out on the right wing.

We can still win this.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #183 on: October 26, 2018, 08:40:43 PM »
The likes of QPR and the Blues are winning games by grafting. We have 70% of the half. Their keeper has not saved a shot. They had 4 one was a goal.
Their keeper has made 2-3 saves and we hit the post. We're not exactly totally neutered but we're not creating enough clear-cut chances.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #184 on: October 26, 2018, 08:40:45 PM »
That was mainly Chester at fault, Taylor was too slow of thought to cover the fuck up though.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2018, 08:40:47 PM »
Despite our abundance of attacking riches (apparently) we havent created single clear cut chance.
We are far,far too ponderous and deliberate around the box which means we are constantly trying to play through their whole team.
We have got to draw their back line further out and then be quicker.

It's because we don't have any plans or patterns that the players are familiar with, to create chances.  Every time we get the ball in the attacking third, the player in possession has to wait and see if someone will make a run, create space for him etc.  Other teams have plans, they know when the ball gets to a certain place, player X will move here, player Y will move there and so on, and they can play the ball much faster.  This alone is where hopefully Smith can improve us, as Brentford were a team that seemed to know what they were doing and had plans to create chances (fingers crossed that wasn't all down to their analytics software).  Also, even if we had plans we also have a couple of loose cannons in Grealish and Kodjia, which is fine, but you need other players who can anticipate the unexpected so to speak and most of our players lack football brains - McGinn excepted.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #186 on: October 26, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »
Tuanzebe puts yet another easy pass out of play.  His distribution is absolutely diabolical.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #187 on: October 26, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »
Hard to tell if that was Taylor not telling Chester to pick up the runner, or Chester just being shit again. Either way we are giving the ball away too cheaply and many times in situations where we are not under any pressure. McGinn strangely seems to be struggling too. Don't see a problem with bringing Whelan on for BB. We need to move the ball and the players much more quickly to break through - it's not as if QPR have a world-beating defense.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2018, 08:42:13 PM »
Honestly thought that we played well at times in that half, but some of the passing has been genuinely horrendous and the goal we conceded was really poor.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2018, 08:42:23 PM »
I know its early days but i am starting to have some doubts about our new manager. Why Whelan again,why not Jedinak or Lansbury ?  Whelan was dreadful the other night as usually is the case

I've nothing against Smith yet. But on that logic it's very hard to disagree with you.

They're all shite though, really, aren't they.

Ss if they're all shite, it's not hard to disagree with him at all, surely?

You may be right but I'm four whiskeys deep and I've had it up to my shite with the same old abysmal form.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »
it's time to face reality - we are dreadful. Come January 1st we'll be in a relegation scrap . This gig would reduce Pep to a quivering wreck with this shower of shite.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »
They should have had a penalty Taylor caught out again.The Lad up front doesn't do enough for me, but we should not be behind with all the possession we've had.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
Response please Villa, score some fucking goals.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2018, 08:44:05 PM »
Agree Taylor and Huttion offer nothing offensively and Elmo’s lack of pace or guile further exacerbates our lack of cutting edge.
The amount of times we get to the final 3rd and then stop and play it sideways or back because we are too slow to be incisive.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2018, 08:44:10 PM »
Afraid that was down to Chester

I don't agree - the guy who scored was their right winger and was therefore behind Chester so he couldn't see him.

On the other hand Neil Taylor was stood next to him when the ball was played and chose to stand still watching the ball rather than track his man.

100% Taylor's fault that goal.

Chester was more at fault. No pressure on the ball so should have dropped off and given himself a yard or two. Little or no communication between the pair of them but Chester was in no man's land.

Grealish and McGinn were outstanding up to then. Lot of decent performances around the pitch, Abraham aside who has been hopeless. Bolasie for Abraham at half time and put Kodjia down the middle. Been an enjoyable game so far. Lot better shape about us but could see a few struggle with the pace of it later on.

Geoff Cameron would have been a solid loan signing for us...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal