collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Norwich City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 20851 times)

Offline malckennedy

Re: Norwich City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
The following need to be despatched

Neil Taylor
Conor Hourihane
Alan Hutton
Every goalkeeper at the club
Scott Hogan
El Ghazi

Note to Jack Grealish - get fucking over it mate you play for Aston Villa on a fat contract

Absolutely agree with your list of those to be fucked off! All of them totally crap.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2018, 10:16:19 PM »
Whilst I agree with Smith in his post match interview about the poor defending on crosses, I'm not sure that I agree that we didn't deserve to lose. Krul could have put out the deckchair in the second half.

I don't recall Norwich testing Nyland either though mate, apart from the crosses in to the box.  They had more possession and looked more dangerous than we did, although didn't do a great deal with it.  I disagree with him that we deserved a draw though.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2018, 10:17:23 PM »
The following need to be despatched:

The team.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2018, 10:17:40 PM »
To be fair, we lost to the in form team in the league, we suffered due to injuries, our new manager hasn't had much time on the training pitch with the squad. Tonight shows our squad is bloated and poor in areas, but we all new that anyway. Jack looked good with Tammy up front and a little lost when he went off. We'll win on Friday and put this one down to experience.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »
I know all goals are preventable in general but firstly again Nyland showed how fucking poor he is physically on corners. Total liability. Secondly I'm sick of how easy it is for the opposition to get crosses in, we don't put enough pressure on the crosser to cut the ball out, Hutton at fault again for me tonight he just didn't work hard enough to block the cross for the second, he put in one of those half hearted semi jump towards the direction of the ball efforts.

This defense is pish. We are going to concede bucket loads this season.

Anyone know what Bolasie was up to? Another injured player taken a punt on?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2018, 10:19:37 PM »
Disappointing display 2nd half, poor substitutions, Jack Grealish looks increasingly like Stephen Ireland mk II and we’ve a liability in goal. Pretty shit really.

Was going to post the exact same pal. Overplaying the ball in areas of the pitch that don't matter, weak as piss in the tackle, all fart no shit.... just like Stephen Ireland.

Grealish and Chester have been awful this season. Two best players in their positions in the division last season but their lack of leadership has been exposed this season.

Two games in, no discernible improvement. Team selections and substitutions that Bruce would have been cabbaged for. Until Smith brings his own players in then I can't seeing us improving under him.

Some fundamental issues in that squad. Goalkeeper, full backs, lack of balance in midfield, lack of a dominant centre half, host of players unsuited to Smith's style of play, core of players long past their best. We are at nothing.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »
I’m not disputing Jack is potentially is an excellent player, but he needs to take ownership and drive this team on.
I thought that’s exactly what he tried to do tonight.
Infact, I think think the rest of the team left him with that responsibility as well because after Albert and Tammy went off, Jack had no real support from anyone.
The kid can’t do it all on his own.

But ownership doesn’t mean you have to do everything yourself. It just means you need to make the right decisions to drive the team on. Jack is obviously not alone tonight, several players were really poor, but Jack is the player who we expect the most from.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
The following need to be despatched

Neil Taylor
Conor Hourihane
Alan Hutton
Every goalkeeper at the club
Scott Hogan
El Ghazi

Note to Jack Grealish - get fucking over it mate you play for Aston Villa on a fat contract

I'd give el Ghazi a bit more time but i agreecon the rest. First change should be Bree for Hutton, his defending was piss poor for both goals tonight because his positioning is shit.

The narrower front 3 we tried to play at times won't workcwith current fullbacks.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2018, 10:21:33 PM »
I'd rather have our u23 keeper between the sticks than Nyland.... and I haven't ever watched him play. How many goals already could arguably be put down to him?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2018, 10:21:57 PM »
Disappointed but won't let it affect the taste of my breakfast in the morning. My poached eggs on toast will be supplemented by numerous pickled onions so that when I get to work the smug nose who will have arrived early and be sat there ready to gloat can get the full smell as I walk past and let rip.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2018, 10:23:43 PM »
I thought our problems were ones that at least superficially, should be easy to solve. We weren’t agressive enough without the ball, when we had it we didn’t move the ball quickly enough and took too many touches in the attacking areas.

El Ghazi looks like he’ll need a few weeks in the gym before being ready for games and Hogan looked like Hogan, a bit self indulgent from Deano I thought.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2018, 10:25:19 PM »
Blues are now 2nd in the ‘finish above the villa’ league table.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »
Abraham, Grealish, Tuanzebe, Chester, McGinn and BB.  I only include Chester because he can be a very good player but hasn't impressed me so far this season yet.  Build a team around these players. 

The rest of the squad can be replaced with others.  Nyland is a liability, Hutton lacks concentration, Taylor is just shit, Hourihane believes in his own hype, Lansbury can't be bothered, Whelan and Jedinak are over the hill, although I think Jedinak just isn't a Smith type player,  Hogan is a complete lightweight, he needs to be a whole lot braver than he's being.  Lots of them aren't capable of changing too much, despite Smith saying that they are coachable.  We need a younger, more energetic squad.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2018, 10:26:48 PM »
Tuanzebe was very good tonight, encouraging. I can't see why O'Hare is ignored - surely he'd add a bit more flair to the midfield?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal