collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522294 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #11325 on: March 04, 2021, 08:07:08 AM »
Grealish was the reason we beat Leeds. Why we have one the best records in Europe for clean sheets. Why we have a great defensive record in this league.

He's a brilliant player, the best in the league. Any side would want him, we need to keep him and I think we will, but I'm not going to buy the MolMix/SHA analysis of us.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:12:18 AM by Ads »

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #11326 on: March 04, 2021, 08:14:46 AM »
Grealish was the reason we beat Leeds. Why we have one the best records in Europe for clean sheets. Why we have a great defensive record in this league.

He's a brilliant player, the best in the league. Any side would want him, we need to keep him and I think we will, but I'm not going to buy the MolMix/SHA analysis of us.

This

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #11327 on: March 04, 2021, 08:22:03 AM »
I'm obviously going to get lynched for this but if i were Jack I'd go this summer. He needs to win things, he's simply too good to miss out on success at the highest level. He's done more than enough for Villa.

Offline Ads

« Reply #11328 on: March 04, 2021, 08:43:51 AM »
It's a matter for him and the club. He mentioned finishing midtable earlier in the season, so we are above what the club sold him. He's already been to two finals with this club and the chances of that will only increase as we progress.

We are probably around where we will finish as we are struggling for consistency, unless we put together 3 or 4 wins. A huge and dramatic turnaround nonetheless from being mid-table I the Championship 2 years ago and on our way down 12 months ago.

Fortunately we have just about the most serious owners you can get. At the minute we have a limited pool of quality and/or consistency in several areas; Watkins, Wesley and Davis with Traore, El Ghazi and Trezeguet. I agree with Dave, there will be high quality players coming in to push the players at the bottom out and give increased quality options.

I think Jack will stay, with or without a new contract and want want be apart of having more players at his level.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11329 on: March 04, 2021, 08:52:31 AM »
If Grealish were to go this Summer then we'd likely have £200m to improve the team. Put all that into 4 midfielders/wide forwards and we'd have a serious team. It wouldn't be the end of the world Grealish going. Fingers crossed he won't.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #11330 on: March 04, 2021, 09:01:41 AM »
Oh dear mr.u!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11331 on: March 04, 2021, 09:09:01 AM »
Next level spending and improvements from where we were two years ago are all good things to hear
But the elephant in the room is Jack Grealish

He is the reason we are where we are not Smith
We would never have got promotion without Grealish we would have gone down last season without Grealish and we are 9th in the league this season because of Grealish

I agree John.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #11332 on: March 04, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »
If Grealish were to go this Summer then we'd likely have £200m to improve the team. Put all that into 4 midfielders/wide forwards and we'd have a serious team. It wouldn't be the end of the world Grealish going. Fingers crossed he won't.
Unfortunately the Selling your best player to improve the team rarely works.
The problem is once Jack goes why would an ambitions player want to join us? or you just get the ones that come because we pay more than the going rate.
Performances like last night make it more likely that he will go.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11333 on: March 04, 2021, 09:12:24 AM »
You don't think 4 £40m players replacing Ramsey, Nakamba, El Ghazi and McGinn would improve last nights team?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11334 on: March 04, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
The problem is once Jack goes why would an ambitions player want to join us? or you just get the ones that come because we pay more than the going rate.

They might be the exception, but Leicester have proved it's possible.

I do think he'll probably go at the end of the season though.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #11335 on: March 04, 2021, 09:13:45 AM »
Hate watching us play 10 men, we are simply never very convincing at all and drop far too many points.

If we want to become a top level team again we simply can't do that and need to develop ruthless edge in this situation as other teams do when we lose a man.

We just don't have a clue how to play against a team who sit back. SU were always going to that once they scored and even more so once they went down to 10 men, game over.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #11336 on: March 04, 2021, 09:16:40 AM »
You don't think 4 £40m players replacing Ramsey, Nakamba, El Ghazi and McGinn would improve last nights team?
Yes last nights team, but the big question is would we be more likely to break into the top 4 with or without Jack?
With Jack we have a chance and that in itself is more likely to encourage talent to join us.

Offline Ads

« Reply #11337 on: March 04, 2021, 09:20:59 AM »
I can't see him going. I don't think post COVID anybody that needs him could afford him, that includes Man United. The emergence of Foden at Man City has definitely benefited us.

Top half finish, £120,000 a week, going deep in the Euros and a couple of £40m players coming in to aid us, I think he would feel pretty proud and pleased with his lot.

Then we win the FA Cup. No fooling this time.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #11338 on: March 04, 2021, 09:24:38 AM »

They might be the exception, but Leicester have proved it's possible.

I do think he'll probably go at the end of the season though.
Leicester recruitment and extracting player value is remarkable.
lets face it every club would love to emulate that.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #11339 on: March 04, 2021, 09:24:51 AM »
Hate watching us play 10 men, we are simply never very convincing at all and drop far too many points.

If we want to become a top level team again we simply can't do that and need to develop ruthless edge in this situation as other teams do when we lose a man.

We just don't have a clue how to play against a team who sit back.

Its a strange one because we always struggle against 10 that sit back but then our record against Newcastle is decent and Smiths record agsinst Bruce is good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal