collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522073 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #11295 on: March 03, 2021, 09:21:50 PM »
He has taken us to the next level, twice.  Promotion, survival, revival.  Doesn't mean he gets a free pass though.  Another opportunity in the transfer market this summer to move us up again and for us to be more consistent.   

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #11296 on: March 03, 2021, 09:24:03 PM »
He’s took us as far as he can.  If we’ve got aspirations of being a top 6 club the owners need to get rid in the summer. To be a top 6 club you need a top manager, deano ain’t it I’m afraid

Utterly clueless comments. Smith deserves some criticism for tonights "performance" but to suggest we need to get rid, deary me.

Not clueless at all, if you think dean smith previously of Brentford and wallsall is the man to take us forward your the clueless one.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11297 on: March 03, 2021, 09:24:31 PM »
He reckons the subs worked well when they came on. No Dean, they absolutely bloody didn't.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #11298 on: March 03, 2021, 09:25:41 PM »
He’s took us as far as he can.  If we’ve got aspirations of being a top 6 club the owners need to get rid in the summer. To be a top 6 club you need a top manager, deano ain’t it I’m afraid

Utterly clueless comments. Smith deserves some criticism for tonights "performance" but to suggest we need to get rid, deary me.

Not clueless at all, if you think dean smith previously of Brentford and wallsall is the man to take us forward your the clueless one.

He's done nothing but take us forward. From bottom half Championship to promoted, to staying up with a final, to top half side.

What the fuck does it matter if he was at Walsall or Brentford? He's at Aston fucking Villa and doing an excellent job.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11299 on: March 03, 2021, 09:26:02 PM »

He's probably thinking of Dean Smith who got us promoted from nowhere, kept us up and then pushed us into the top half of the table.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #11300 on: March 03, 2021, 09:27:54 PM »
He reckons the subs worked well when they came on. No Dean, they absolutely bloody didn't.
I have absolutely no idea what he was trying to accomplish with the subs.
The problem for me was with the wide players and had been all game.

Offline Ads

« Reply #11301 on: March 03, 2021, 09:28:06 PM »

He's probably thinking of Dean Smith who got us promoted from nowhere, kept us up and then pushed us into the top half of the table.

bUt hE wAs aT wAlSalL

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #11302 on: March 03, 2021, 09:30:26 PM »

I’m not saying he’s done a shit job, he’s been brilliant for us, what I’m saying is if we want to go the next level we need an elite manager, look at the top 8 now, apart from moyes all managers have won medals at the highest level, sorry but smith ain’t the man to take us forward if we have real ambitions

He's done nothing but take us forward. From bottom half Championship to promoted, to staying up with a final, to top half side.

What the fuck does it matter if he was at Walsall or Brentford? He's at Aston fucking Villa and doing an excellent job.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #11303 on: March 03, 2021, 09:32:27 PM »

I’m not saying he’s done a shit job, he’s been brilliant for us, what I’m saying is if we want to go the next level we need an elite manager, look at the top 8 now, apart from moyes all managers have won medals at the highest level, sorry but smith ain’t the man to take us forward if we have real ambitions

Can I quote you all on that.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11304 on: March 03, 2021, 09:32:27 PM »
Speaking of clueless...

Offline Ads

« Reply #11305 on: March 03, 2021, 09:33:18 PM »
The top 4 is occupied by 1 manager who has medals that didn't come out of a Christmas cracker.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11306 on: March 03, 2021, 09:41:21 PM »
The top 4 is occupied by 1 manager who has medals that didn't come out of a Christmas cracker.

That's what makes the inconsistency so annoying though. Really good chance to break into the European places this year, but every time we look like doing so, we throw in another hopeless performance. Goal scoring is also becoming a real problem.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #11307 on: March 03, 2021, 09:48:55 PM »

That's what makes the inconsistency so annoying though. Really good chance to break into the European places this year, but every time we look like doing so, we throw in another hopeless performance. Goal scoring is also becoming a real problem.

A season too early for us it seems. Inconsistent performances seem to be blighting most teams. West Ham are on a very good run but I bet it could quite easily change.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #11308 on: March 03, 2021, 09:50:13 PM »

bUt hE wAs aT wAlSalL

‘You are ‘ sorry 😞

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #11309 on: March 03, 2021, 09:51:49 PM »
It seems for some people there's no gap between a manager meriting some criticism and deserving the sack.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal