collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1547118 times)

Online N'ZMAV

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #11175 on: February 21, 2021, 04:07:49 PM »
pathetic first half.
A better second half, but still below standard.
Glad we started the season strongly.
Need Smith to start mixing it up a bit
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:10:53 PM by N'ZMAV »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11176 on: February 21, 2021, 04:07:54 PM »
Didn't get today's selection at all and we were punished in first half.

Simply must do better next week with what he goes with otherwise Leeds will beat us again. That means starts for Trez and Sanson.

Offline ez

« Reply #11177 on: February 21, 2021, 04:08:16 PM »
We are unrecognisable from the first half of the season. What changed? Are we just knackered out?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11178 on: February 21, 2021, 04:09:49 PM »
He said that the performance Vs Brighton was so bad that he didn't to a debrief. That looks like it was a mistake.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #11179 on: February 21, 2021, 04:13:00 PM »
Ended up with a pair of midfielders in Sanson and Ramsey that could actually join McGinn in the insane art of...running and closing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11180 on: February 21, 2021, 04:15:15 PM »
Ended up with a pair of midfielders in Sanson and Ramsey that could actually join McGinn in the insane art of...running and closing.

That is a minimum basic requirement to get at least a point next week so we need to start three CMs capable of that even if we sacrifice a bit of breaking from midfield.

Barkley was badly exposed v Leeds in first game and he was in pretty good form at the time so would be a bad call to stick with him.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #11181 on: February 21, 2021, 04:35:50 PM »
We are unrecognisable from the first half of the season. What changed? Are we just knackered out?

Well Smith doesn't believe in fatigue so that could be a problem. We were playing against a team that played a game in Prague on Thurs night to make matters worse. Our poor form goes back to the second half of the Burnley game for me. Failure to rotate the squad from earlier in the season is coming back to bite us big time. We have lost players like Hourihane and Guilbert who could have played and still play valuable minutes for us if treated properly. All straight from the MON playbook.

Terrible team selection today. Terrible timing of subs including the idiotic Trez for AEG one. Now looks weak for continuing to tolerate big name Barkley week after week with another public act of petulance.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #11182 on: February 21, 2021, 04:40:55 PM »
Smith has bags of potential, and in another two seasons will be as good as Rodgers. Unfortunately, Experience does matter. Moyes is having success now because of all the ups and downs he’s had since leaving Everton. With Smith as our manager, we’ll have to accept that he’s learning his trade and will make a great many mistakes. Frustrating for sure....

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #11183 on: February 21, 2021, 04:44:18 PM »
Smith needs to be brave now, drop Barkley and trust Sanson and Ramsey to start and push McGinn further forward.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #11184 on: February 21, 2021, 04:49:35 PM »
Smith has bags of potential, and in another two seasons will be as good as Rodgers. Unfortunately, Experience does matter. Moyes is having success now because of all the ups and downs he’s had since leaving Everton. With Smith as our manager, we’ll have to accept that he’s learning his trade and will make a great many mistakes. Frustrating for sure....

Based on what? I’m not saying Smith out or anything like that, but no one has any idea how good Dean will be. If he keeps doing what he is then he isn’t learning. Same poor performance overall as Brighton. If Barkley starts v Leeds, if it’s the same tactics, then he isn’t learning is he? Sanson should have started today, nothing has changed for a few games during our poor run. I’m delighted with the season overall, I thought mid table. Let’s see what he does and what / if he makes any changes. And yes it’s easy for me sat in my chair.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #11185 on: February 21, 2021, 04:53:30 PM »
I have faith Smith will finally get it. I don’t expect to see Barkley starting for much longer. It’s been obvious and Smith is either a slow learner or just stubborn, but I think he’s got it now.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #11186 on: February 21, 2021, 04:55:27 PM »
I have faith Smith will finally get it. I don’t expect to see Barkley starting for much longer. It’s been obvious and Smith is either a slow learner or just stubborn, but I think he’s got it now.

Well I hope your right, but faith and facts are different. For me Dean certainly gets next season and maybe the season after.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #11187 on: February 21, 2021, 04:59:08 PM »
I think most of us posting on here are more than satisfied where we sit right now and look forward to further progression next season .....it will be disappointing to see us slide down the table if we go on a run of losses ....Smith needs to show a tough streak and dump Barkley not just for his poor form but bad attitude ....the squad have looked a close fit unit so far - last thing we need is someone upsetting that

Offline ez

« Reply #11188 on: February 21, 2021, 04:59:59 PM »
Anywhere in the top half would be a good season. Its next season and the push for champions league qualification that gets interesting.  We definately need to learn some new tactics though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11189 on: February 21, 2021, 05:03:53 PM »
He needs to start being a lot tougher, and much more tactically astute and flexible. That starting team was a disgrace today, and so it proved.  I'm not sure he's got it in him to be honest, he still looks like he feels like he's a lower league manager grateful to be in a big job. I can't see him ever subbing a player 30 minutes after bringing him on like the Chelsea boss did yesterday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal