collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522429 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #9585 on: July 16, 2020, 08:44:49 PM »
I don't blame the manager for that draw.

Nor me.

Playing for the point against Wolves though...

Yep. That's fair. We've sprung into life, fashionably late.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #9586 on: July 16, 2020, 08:46:53 PM »
Not good enough. Championship manager.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #9587 on: July 16, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »
Hold on, game management for the last ten minutes was very poor from all of them, including Dean Smith.  The cross for their equaliser should have been stopped and we were all over the place for that ball in to the box.  When our backs are against the wall, why did Nakamba not replace Hourihane or the tiring SJM?  Other managers make subs to change the game, ours didn't tonight.  It may be harsh but this is why we will go down.   The comment from Dean about us getting better through the season?  Why are we still in the bottom 3 and have won only one game since restart? Statistically, have we really got better?  Not all Dean's fault as the players have to work harder to cut out crosses.

Trezeguet, back to being a competition winner.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #9588 on: July 16, 2020, 08:49:02 PM »
Dean's fucked up and should be fucked off. Time to think big.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #9589 on: July 16, 2020, 08:51:50 PM »
Anwar, Trezeguet, Jota, Wesley, Samatta and Baston have been our forward aquisitions this season. It's clear where the issues are and who the problems lie with for me.

Stick with Dean. He can get us up.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9590 on: July 16, 2020, 08:54:50 PM »
Our defensive record is equally fucking atrocious.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #9591 on: July 16, 2020, 08:55:25 PM »
We all know the games that have resulted in us being at the arse end of the table all season. There's 5 or 6 games in particular- we know them:  against ten man West Ham at home, against ten man Arsenal away, Liverpool at home, Spurs at home and let's add Bournemouth at home. That lot there gave us one point. One bloody point despite playing really well, leading in three of them and/or having a man advantage/ conceding stupid careless late goals that resulted in nil points.

The games above, given their contexts, should have yielded 5 more points than they did in my opinion. I know there are hard luck stories in a season - I deliberately left out Palace away - but we kept on managing games badly, making stupid mistakes and throwing away points. We didn't learn and that's on Smith. We have had one obvious weakness all season, one that has cost us very dearly, and the inquisition needs to get to the bottom of why it wasn't rectified.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:59:28 PM by Villan82 »

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #9592 on: July 16, 2020, 08:57:14 PM »
Anwar, Trezeguet, Jota, Wesley, Samatta and Baston have been our forward aquisitions this season. It's clear where the issues are and who the problems lie with for me.

Stick with Dean. He can get us up.

Then sack him right before the next premier league campaign starts, right?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #9593 on: July 16, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »
Samatta is shit and Davis - 55 appearances, 2 goals - is even worse. A 1 in 27 striker.

Not the only reason we're going down but plenty of us pointed out the lack of goalscoring pedigree when we started the season with options of Wesley, Davis and Kodjia, all three of whom are utter garbage.

Low standards all around, mediocre players from shit leagues, a manager who has looked like a fucking imposter since day one, and a selection of players with a collective heart the size of a lump of rabbit shit.

Purslow has sat and watched this horror show pan out - week after week of the same failings - all season and just meekly accepted it.

As far as I am concerned Purslow, Smith and
Suso all need to be gone on the final whistle at West ham.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #9594 on: July 16, 2020, 08:58:37 PM »
I can't bear to hear whatever gormless nonsense he dreams up for the post-match interview. Switched off for the night. Football is soul-destroying.
He was okay on Sky.  No excuses, but you can tell he wasn't happy with two or three of our players.

How about looking in the mirror once in a while? Yes the players are on the pitch but he does fuck all to help them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #9595 on: July 16, 2020, 08:58:54 PM »
If we'd had a quality wide player and forward, we'd have annhilated Everton. But then we'd probably be 8th or something.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #9596 on: July 16, 2020, 08:59:34 PM »
Samatta is shit and Davis - 55 appearances, 2 goals - is even worse. A 1 in 27 striker.

Not the only reason we're going down but plenty of us pointed out the lack of goalscoring pedigree when we started the season with options of Wesley, Davis and Kodjia, all three of whom are utter garbage.

Low standards all around, mediocre players from shit leagues, a manager who has looked like a fucking imposter since day one, and a selection of players with a collective heart the size of a lump of rabbit shit.

Purslow has sat and watched this horror show pan out - week after week of the same failings - all season and just meekly accepted it.

We've taken one of the top scorers in Belgian football and chopped his nuts off. Completely neutered him.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #9597 on: July 16, 2020, 09:05:54 PM »
I thought when we signed Samatta he thrived on decent crosses, like the one he got in the final.

Our crossing and dead ball delivery is very average.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #9598 on: July 16, 2020, 09:06:30 PM »

We've taken one of the top scorers in Belgian football and chopped his nuts off. Completely neutered him.

Quality rant Mr Shin.  TV, I agree.  Samatta is almost as poor as Bosco Balaban.   He spends quite some time out of the area when the ball comes in too.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #9599 on: July 16, 2020, 09:14:13 PM »

Quality rant Mr Shin.  TV, I agree.  Samatta is almost as poor as Bosco Balaban.   He spends quite some time out of the area when the ball comes in too.

I blame the formation. It's horrible. We get pinned back and our 4-3-3 turns into a 6-3-1. Everyone going forward is isolated and cannot connect the dots. The players at our disposal don't have the quality to do it by themselves.

WE WERE PROMISED FRONT FOOT ATTACKING FOOTBALL and we get dicked every weekend. Give up shit goals, can't score and just plain embarrass ourselves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal