collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Paul.S
[Today at 06:29:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522367 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #9090 on: July 10, 2020, 12:24:13 AM »
Who knows, the only thing we know for sure is we were a completely different side after that moment.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #9091 on: July 10, 2020, 12:26:01 AM »
Who knows, the only thing we know for sure is we were a completely different side after that moment.

The problem is, that is how we've been all season.

How many times have we done the bright start - concede to ineptitude or bad luck, either will do - totally collapse routine?

It's easily the most common story of our season.

As i said earlier, there is no collective heart to this team, none at all.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #9092 on: July 10, 2020, 12:26:13 AM »

Or they were.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #9093 on: July 10, 2020, 12:27:11 AM »

Or they were.

So you don't think we were a totally different side after it?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #9094 on: July 10, 2020, 12:29:01 AM »
You know what, if smith is sacked he will be the scapegoat. The entire recruitment and coaching staff need to go as it’s a collective clusterfuck

well the whole summer spending spree and the reasons behind it is the real answer. If we'd started the season with Abraham as our player then i reckon he would have got double figures which would have solved the fucking major problem in staying up. Add to that about 5 players who played 30 games or more needing to be replaced for various reasons. For better or worse, our two promotions rivals came up with sides they added to once up. We had to build a new one.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #9095 on: July 10, 2020, 12:29:44 AM »

Or they were.

Or both.

It was pivotal. Give everything, do well, then get (effectively) cheated and morale takes a dip. Concentration suffers and we're 2 down.

Blame Smith all you like, but when you're in the position we're in, decisions like that cost a lot more than a goal.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #9096 on: July 10, 2020, 12:31:00 AM »
You say that as if it wasn't our fault.  If we fold to such an extent when something goes against us, that's entirely down to us.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #9097 on: July 10, 2020, 12:32:28 AM »
You say that as if it wasn't our fault.  If we fold to such an extent when something goes against us, that's entirely down to us.

Is it? At a pivotal point in the season, a decision against us is given and then backed up by someone else, and you blame us?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #9098 on: July 10, 2020, 12:33:02 AM »

I've previously said our lack of fight was shit and gave most players a 0. It doesn't alter that a shit decision that should never have happened had a massively negative effect on us.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #9099 on: July 10, 2020, 12:34:32 AM »
I just want to see some fight, fucking surround the Ref when he gives that penalty, go barmy, make a fucking scene, take a yellow when they are on the break at half time, be fucking arseholes.  Anything.

We are so fucking meek its embarrassing.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #9100 on: July 10, 2020, 12:34:37 AM »

Is it? At a pivotal point in the season, a decision against us is given and then backed up by someone else, and you blame us?
Of course I do.  We gave up.  65 minutes feeling sorry for ourselves is completely unacceptable.  The game wasn't over at 0-1.  I just can't believe you're defending that performance and claim that it's not our fault.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #9101 on: July 10, 2020, 12:36:48 AM »
I've previously said our lack of fight was shit and gave most players a 0. It doesn't alter that a shit decision that should never have happened had a massively negative effect on us.
An unjustifiably negative effect.  It's not the first time and it won't be the last the we - or any other team - gets fucked over.  So fucking what?  Get over yourselves and get back into the game.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #9102 on: July 10, 2020, 12:39:14 AM »

This is it for me.

Also @ PWS: I don't think we did ourselves any favours after the penalty shout, certainly not, but we didn't do ourselves any favours before it either, did we? We had opportunities to test their keeper and completely failed to do so. Then goals 2 and 3 were entirely our own doing, and were (IMO) avoidable, so I don't trace that same line that you're implying between the 27th minute (cause) and everything that happened after that (effect). It was just a shit performance where we failed to meaningfully challenge the opposition at any point - again.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #9103 on: July 10, 2020, 12:46:59 AM »
Well a brave manager faced with certain defeat would have maybe tried some of the reserves or kids or a different formation or anything to change our luck. I realise he would have got panned when it failed but something he tried or some player he selected could have come off and been tried for the next 4 games. As it is, we're all expecting him to go into the next game with no new ideas, no forward line and no optimism. Bizarrely it always seems to be the case where the nearer a manager gets to losing his job, the less adventurous they get.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #9104 on: July 10, 2020, 01:54:49 AM »
I think he's just utterly bereft of ideas now so he's going with what he's got and hoping for something to happen. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal