collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522225 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #8730 on: July 06, 2020, 09:38:53 AM »
Do you honestly think that Mcginn / Mings / Grealish / Luiz etc. will want to play in the championship - not a chance, they will be looking for a way out as soon as relegation is confirmed.

The policy of the club was to buy players who would have a sell on value, and that is what we will be doing.

The players who know that they wont get the money they get paid at Aston Villa anywhere else, will be the one's we are left with, such as- Lansbury / Hourihane

Do you honestly think our gazillionaire owners give a shit either about the money or whether a players "wants" to stay or not.

They're contacted to the club unless they have release clauses. I'd be telling them that they've got one season to get us back up and show what they're capable of. If they arse around no one else will want them so they'll be motivated to get us back up.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8731 on: July 06, 2020, 09:42:21 AM »
Do you honestly think that Mcginn / Mings / Grealish / Luiz etc. will want to play in the championship - not a chance, they will be looking for a way out as soon as relegation is confirmed.

The policy of the club was to buy players who would have a sell on value, and that is what we will be doing.

The players who know that they wont get the money they get paid at Aston Villa anywhere else, will be the one's we are left with, such as- Lansbury / Hourihane

Do you honestly think our gazillionaire owners give a shit either about the money or whether a players "wants" to stay or not.

They're contacted to the club unless they have release clauses. I'd be telling them that they've got one season to get us back up and show what they're capable of. If they arse around no one else will want them so they'll be motivated to get us back up.

In an ideal world, that would be great but what's the point in keeping players if they don't want to be there? I'd imagine one or two have relegation clauses as well if it comes to that.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:46:45 AM by Clampy »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8732 on: July 06, 2020, 10:01:40 AM »
The new owners. Just as crap as the last owners.

It's all about opinions I suppose but that is just utter nonsense and one of the more bizarre things I've read on here over the years.

You thought that the chances of us going into administration were similarly crazy, I seem to recall, so with with all due respect, I'll take your opinion with a pinch of salt.

All the new owners have done so far is buy the club, put a poorly functioning management structure in place, waste a huge amount of money, and get us relegated.  Exactly the same as Lerner, just in double quick time.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #8733 on: July 06, 2020, 10:07:26 AM »

It's all about opinions I suppose but that is just utter nonsense and one of the more bizarre things I've read on here over the years.

You thought that the chances of us going into administration were similarly crazy, I seem to recall, so with with all due respect, I'll take your opinion with a pinch of salt.

All the new owners have done so far is buy the club, put a poorly functioning management structure in place, waste a huge amount of money, and get us relegated.  Exactly the same as Lerner, just in double quick time.

They have also pumped in a shit load of money behind the scenes as well. If it wasn't for them coming in when they did, I dread to think what would have happened. It's not been a great season obviously, but the owners are last on my list to have a pop at.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #8734 on: July 06, 2020, 10:09:14 AM »
If we get relegated I can't imagine any of Mcginn, Grealish or Mings staying. The fact they are contracted doesn't really make any difference other than meaning we will get some cash for them, which would probably less than we would get for them if we stayed up and they were sold.

Offline Risso

« Reply #8735 on: July 06, 2020, 10:15:51 AM »
They have also pumped in a shit load of money behind the scenes as well. If it wasn't for them coming in when they did, I dread to think what would have happened. It's not been a great season obviously, but the owners are last on my list to have a pop at.

Well done them on being rich enough to buy a club.  All owners who turn out to be crap, do that.  Lerner did exactly the same, and isn't regarded very fondly now.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #8736 on: July 06, 2020, 10:17:18 AM »

Well done them on being rich enough to buy a club.  All owners who turn out to be crap, do that.  Lerner did exactly the same, and isn't regarded very fondly now.

I'm glad that they bought us when they did so they have my support.

Offline Risso

« Reply #8737 on: July 06, 2020, 10:19:26 AM »
I support Aston Villa not a couple of billioanires who haven't done a very good job this season.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #8738 on: July 06, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »
Risso, you know how it works, they appointed a CEO and the structure worked last season. This season it hasn’t, I am not sure what they could have done other than asking some searching questions as we went into the Jan window. They must have believed the answers they got.
I think the blame rests squarely with Purslow  Pitarch and Smith.
I just hope they don't lose interest like Lerner did.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #8739 on: July 06, 2020, 10:22:26 AM »
I support Aston Villa not a couple of billioanires who haven't done a very good job this season.

I support Aston Villa as well, and everyone connected with the club.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #8740 on: July 06, 2020, 10:28:52 AM »

You must have missed them getting us promoted.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #8741 on: July 06, 2020, 10:32:04 AM »
Thanks, probably where I am.

I think the frustrating thing is that if we'd have been as organised since January as we were today, and in truth have been for most of the restart, we'd be a couple of points better off and a lot more hopeful.

Absolutely. Smith's biggest failing this year is leaving us so open in those first 11-12 games. We should have ground out 2-3 draws more in that time and, as you say, since January.

3-4 extra points and we'd be almost safe.

Yeah, agree with you both. Said after the Sheff Utd game we seem to have figured out how to keep it tight and close out draws when we’re at a point of the season where we need wins and should probably be going all out for them.

If we’d been harder to roll over early in the season we’d have felt our way into the league, built confidence and had a platform to build on.

Instead, I feel like we threw away a lot of belief because of the manner in which we lost points.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #8742 on: July 06, 2020, 10:35:40 AM »

I support Aston Villa as well, and everyone connected with the club.

Steve Hodge?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #8743 on: July 06, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »
the past is a foreign country.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #8744 on: July 06, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »

You must have missed them getting us promoted.

It's usually Jack Grealish who got us promoted

Occasionally Dean Smith, depending on which way the wind is blowing

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal