collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1521848 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #7380 on: March 26, 2020, 11:01:42 AM »
Are some people honestly saying they wouldn’t be happy with  Pochettino as manager? Blimey.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #7381 on: March 26, 2020, 02:14:21 PM »
I’d love him here, his Southampton side we’re ace.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7382 on: March 26, 2020, 05:59:15 PM »

His Spurs side weren't bad save the last few months.

Offline colin69

« Reply #7383 on: March 26, 2020, 08:57:58 PM »
I wanted Dean Smith out but now I think whenever football returns he should still be in charge.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #7384 on: March 26, 2020, 11:28:07 PM »

His Spurs side weren't bad save the last few months.
They were very good, I agree I just wanted to point out he’s been doing a very good for quite some years.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #7385 on: March 27, 2020, 06:51:26 PM »
Why would Poch go from a side he got in the top 4 consistently to a side deep in relegation trouble?

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #7386 on: March 27, 2020, 07:58:09 PM »
tens of thousands a £reasons per week I would imagine

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #7387 on: March 27, 2020, 08:04:48 PM »
Why would Poch go from a side he got in the top 4 consistently to a side deep in relegation trouble?

To prove himself?  Use us as a stepping stone?  Because we might sell him the club with these owners?

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #7388 on: March 27, 2020, 09:33:15 PM »
Top flight managers tend to do the job because they love it. Most are, or very soon will be, wealthy enough not to have to work. If a decent challenge comes up they jump at the chance to be involved. Rodgers at Leicester, Benitez at Newcastle, add your own. They love it and, unless they don't like the club or have a better offer in the wings, most take it.

I want Smith to stay though.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #7389 on: March 28, 2020, 07:06:05 AM »
I wanted Dean Smith out but now I think whenever football returns he should still be in charge.
Why should he.? He's not shown us any reasons to keep him on.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #7390 on: March 28, 2020, 08:51:48 AM »
To be honest if we are in a position anytime soon where Dean is leading us out in front of a packed Villa Park I’ll be delighted (and I think he should have gone).

Offline colin69

« Reply #7391 on: March 28, 2020, 09:15:09 AM »
Why should he.? He's not shown us any reasons to keep him on.
I do fully get what you’re saying and up until 10-14 days ago I also wanted him gone. However with everything that’s going on in the world at the moment (which is far more important than football) I think it would be pretty obscene to get rid of him now.
I can’t see football resuming for quite some time but when it does I think Dean should still be there. Whether it’s the right thing to do long term  though is another matter.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7392 on: March 28, 2020, 01:10:23 PM »
There is no chance at all he’s getting fired. It’s an amazing way to have survived but unless the season is able to finish which is highly unlikely now he’ll be our manager next season. And I hope if he is he’ll have learnt something about why things have turned upside down for him.

There were plenty of positives early in the campaign he didn’t capitalize on. And that really cost us later as we started to ship goals for fun and our attacking ability all but vanished. Next season we have buy better players but we need a far more stoic, pragmatic approach. I doubt we will spend £150m or whatever it was again. Sign players who will fight to grind out points and proper quality to share the load with Jack when we attack. And stop being so fucking tactically naive in games. Know when to close things out, subs at HT, change things based on circumstances. It’s something we all thought he’d be good at but was found severely lacking.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #7393 on: March 28, 2020, 02:27:49 PM »
There is no chance at all he’s getting fired. It’s an amazing way to have survived but unless the season is able to finish which is highly unlikely now he’ll be our manager next season. And I hope if he is he’ll have learnt something about why things have turned upside down for him.

There were plenty of positives early in the campaign he didn’t capitalize on. And that really cost us later as we started to ship goals for fun and our attacking ability all but vanished. Next season we have buy better players but we need a far more stoic, pragmatic approach. I doubt we will spend £150m or whatever it was again. Sign players who will fight to grind out points and proper quality to share the load with Jack when we attack. And stop being so fucking tactically naive in games. Know when to close things out, subs at HT, change things based on circumstances. It’s something we all thought he’d be good at but was found severely lacking.
It's been done to death, but we had little option but to sign loads of signings based on potential rather than current skill. Was for sacking Smith in March since the new manager bounce might've kept us up. However, we won't be playing for months (or more), and so might be able to get another transfer window in, regroup, etc etc. I think Deano showed enough promise in the Championship, and the circumstances this season have been difficult ... I'd keep him on, at least on the understanding that it's now going to be season 3 for him and the expectations will match that.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #7394 on: March 29, 2020, 07:48:27 PM »
I watched the Everton 2-0 home win back. Dean Smith has aged about 10 years since that night, he looked a different man.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal