collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by KNVillan
[Today at 07:58:57 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Nev
[Today at 07:50:45 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Mister E
[Today at 07:49:10 AM]

Liverpool by johnc
[Today at 07:48:11 AM]

MOTD by ChicagoLion
[Today at 07:34:31 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:52:31 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:49:43 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:29:25 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1539873 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #6615 on: February 22, 2020, 06:12:44 PM »

It’s not just fight though Dean. It’s the utter blindness to clear tactical deficiencies.
It’s all very Brucesesque He may  as well have said all I ask is they roll up their sleeves.....

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6616 on: February 22, 2020, 06:13:22 PM »
From hero to zero in just 9 months ........but so predictable
The guy talks a good game but that's about it
I think the owners have shown some naivety in thinking a manager without premier league experience would have the nous to get us the points tally we need to stay up - having said that I guess it's worked for Burnley, Saints and Sheffield Utd - but they seem to have players who are willing to fight for survival - it's all a bit of a disappointment and I fear relegation will have huge ramifications for our future

Does he talk a good game? He talks a lot of bollocks in my opinion.The alarm bells ring anytime I hear him talk about traps.It reminds me of his 'other teams fear us' quote that bit us on the arse back in December 2018. See his comments about Southampton in the build up to this game.

He should have gone in December and I am starting to really dislike him now (which I hoped wouldn't happen).

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #6617 on: February 22, 2020, 06:13:56 PM »
He shouldn’t have got past January. It wasn’t justified or fair or smart to keep him on.

Before Christmas

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6618 on: February 22, 2020, 06:15:05 PM »
Smith in his post-match excuse-fest is blaming the players, and saying that several have played their way out of Wembley contention.  Also says the players' mentality doesn't match his.

Dead man walking.
.tbf though he is right. Im  criticising him but he makes some points. Some of them shod not be starting next week as they were utter shit

But he has tk take responsibility playing 5 at the back is utter shit.its been a utter failure

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6619 on: February 22, 2020, 06:17:59 PM »
Smith in his post-match excuse-fest is blaming the players, and saying that several have played their way out of Wembley contention.  Also says the players' mentality doesn't match his.

Dead man walking.
.tbf though he is right. Im  criticising him but he makes some points. Some of them shod not be starting next week as they were utter shit

But he has tk take responsibility playing 5 at the back is utter shit.its been a utter failure

The sad thing is, we have almost nothing on the bench to bring in to improve matters.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #6620 on: February 22, 2020, 06:19:25 PM »
He should have been fired by now - the fact he hasn’t means more blame should start being apportioned to Purslow (what the fuck is he doing?!).

And the players - don’t get me started - the only thing they could do to remedy today would be to club their weekly salary together and refund the supporters who braved that shower of shit today.

Complete disgrace - Purslow, Smith, and each of the players

Offline john2710

« Reply #6621 on: February 22, 2020, 06:20:08 PM »
He changed formation & pulled out a result against Burnley, which kept him in his job.

Five at the back is OK if you play 2 up front. We've just taken a man out of midfield & stuck him in defence.

Fuck the wingers off & let Grealish play wherever he wants. But ultimately the majority of our team are not good enough.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6622 on: February 22, 2020, 06:23:32 PM »

Dead man walking.

The sad thing is, we have almost nothing on the bench to bring in to improve matters.

Valid point although i would certianky drop luiz fir the final he was dreadfully poor as was hause. Have a feeling guilbert might get dropped for elmo also.

For me next week he has to  go go with a back four of targett mings konsa and elmo.

Cm nakamba conor and id even be tempted to play lansbury.

Trez was so woeful i dont even want hkm starting but who else we got

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #6623 on: February 22, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
Trez has been woeful all season, he’s just a headless chicken.

Offline ez

« Reply #6624 on: February 22, 2020, 06:27:34 PM »

Dead man walking.

Well he couldn't blame the officials this week, and he's not going to blame himself, so he had to throw the players under the bus today.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #6625 on: February 22, 2020, 06:31:46 PM »

Dead man walking.

Well he couldn't blame the officials this week, and he's not going to blame himself, so he had to throw the players under the bus today.

Well he should take some responsibility

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6626 on: February 22, 2020, 06:35:19 PM »

Dead man walking.

Valid point although i would certianky drop luiz fir the final he was dreadfully poor as was hause. Have a feeling guilbert might get dropped for elmo also.

For me next week he has to  go go with a back four of targett mings konsa and elmo.

Cm nakamba conor and id even be tempted to play lansbury.

Trez was so woeful i dont even want hkm starting but who else we got

Demitri, we play that side, we lose 6-1 again.  We didn't address the issues in the window and I think Purslow is too loyal to Smith as he brought us up and had to change the squad so much. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6627 on: February 22, 2020, 06:35:37 PM »
Def dead man walking. Once you chuck the players under the bus like that, you are done. It's the last throw of the dice to get a reaction.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #6628 on: February 22, 2020, 06:36:08 PM »
Absolutely shit. Worst of all the new signings.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6629 on: February 22, 2020, 06:42:04 PM »
To be fair, he will probably cause problems in the championship.
But he’s fucking shit in the prem.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal