collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1521844 times)

Offline ez

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #6510 on: February 22, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »
He got a free pass this season because of the promotion. I expect the free pass expires at the end of the season.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6511 on: February 22, 2020, 12:55:46 PM »
It's inevitable that football fans remember the points 'left behind'. However, this season we have really thrown so many points way.

We can all see that our players, while inconsistent, do not look out of place in the premier league. We have gone toe-to-toe with most teams we have played. We have made the transition. However, our points total doesn't quite reflect that. We can all point to Arsenal away, Spurs at home, Bournemouth home & away, Palace away, Wet Spam at home as games where we really should have 5 more points and be sitting on 30 points.

To me, the players are premier league quality and would be much better next year. It's the manager I have had questions marks over all season.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #6512 on: February 22, 2020, 12:57:57 PM »
Stick.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6513 on: February 22, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »
Staying up is far more important to me than either the League Cup or loyalty to Dean Smith.

This season we have been underperforming and I feel that rests on the performance in the dug out.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #6514 on: February 22, 2020, 03:14:40 PM »
Smith isn’t a premier league manager. Simple as that

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #6515 on: February 22, 2020, 03:18:22 PM »
It's inevitable that football fans remember the points 'left behind'. However, this season we have really thrown so many points way.

We can all see that our players, while inconsistent, do not look out of place in the premier league. We have gone toe-to-toe with most teams we have played. We have made the transition. However, our points total doesn't quite reflect that. We can all point to Arsenal away, Spurs at home, Bournemouth home & away, Palace away, Wet Spam at home as games where we really should have 5 more points and be sitting on 30 points.

To me, the players are premier league quality and would be much better next year. It's the manager I have had questions marks over all season.

If we genuinely were better than our points total would suggest we'd have a much better goal difference than the second worst in the league.

Reality is, we've built an entirely new team, almost from scratch, we've had serious injuries to our goalie, centre half, central midfielder and main (only) striker and it's a massive step up for the rest of them.

The club and squad are in a much better place than we were 12 months ago, even if we end up getting relegated this season, and there's literally zero evidence coming out of the club that Smith is going anywhere soon.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:20:07 PM by Ad@m »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #6516 on: February 22, 2020, 03:18:37 PM »

We're in the Premier League. He got us there. He's our manager. So yes, he's a Premier League manager.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #6517 on: February 22, 2020, 03:21:57 PM »

We're in the Premier League. He got us there. He's our manager. So yes, he's a Premier League manager.

He is a championship manager that got us promoted to the premier league. His limitations are there to see. Another dreadful performance. How many times we heard that this this season ??

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6518 on: February 22, 2020, 03:26:35 PM »

He is a championship manager that got us promoted to the premier league. His limitations are there to see. Another dreadful performance. How many times we heard that this this season ??

From you? Pretty much every time we concede a goal.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #6519 on: February 22, 2020, 03:33:50 PM »

From you? Pretty much every time we concede a goal.
[/quot

Nonsense absolute nonsense but hey anything to critise me for. Don’t see you critising others who also are slating smith

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6520 on: February 22, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
You cannot blame fans for being annoyed. Look at season ticket sales, look at the attendances? There has been too much incompetence on display this season and we thought we had left those days behind us.

Staying up is paramount. We have good players, we should be 4-5 points better off.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6521 on: February 22, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »
He’s looked like he won a raffle in a paper to be Villa manager for a day and someone forgot to tell him it’s over since about November. He’s a bluffer, talks a load of bollocks and hasn’t got the first idea how to change this mess he’s landed us in.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #6522 on: February 22, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »
You cannot blame fans for being annoyed. Look at season ticket sales, look at the attendances? There has been too much incompetence on display this season and we thought we had left those days behind us.

Staying up is paramount. We have good players, we should be 4-5 points better off.

Can’t agree more. Smith is failing massively. Our on,y tactics seem to be pass to grealish and hope he does something

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6523 on: February 22, 2020, 03:42:55 PM »
Nonsense absolute nonsense but hey anything to critise me for. Don’t see you critising others who also are slating smith

Because you're a stuck record who seems almost desperate to slag off half the team, the manager and most of the management of the club at any chance. Also because other people who have had enough do have good things to say about people and didn't appear and start slagging people off within their first few posts.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #6524 on: February 22, 2020, 03:44:36 PM »
i can’t have a go at other fans who are unhappy, I’m bloody unhappy

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal