collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522174 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #6420 on: February 17, 2020, 07:18:00 AM »
I didn't have too much of an issue with his subs yesterday.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6421 on: February 17, 2020, 08:18:15 AM »
God knows why he took Samatta off. He was giving them something to think about, then that Swansea reserve comes on and touches it once as heads the ball back into our own area and that was about it. Trezeguet was his usual rubbish self as well.

I agree. Baston looked really poor and almost gifted spurs a goal. Offered nothing, y strange sub.

His moaning about var was stupid. He should be dealing with these amateur defensive errors that are costing us most weeks.

You can’t compare this year to last year for fairly obvious reasons.

I have my doubts about Smith but actually think if we go down he’ll be kept for the promotion push and if we stay up it’s not a certainty the board would stick with him if it’s a tight finish.

You think? I can’t see them sacking him if we stay up. It will be a huge gamble to stick with smith if we go down. I also am worried about what type of players he would go for after the shit signings of baston drink water and Wesley

Maybe he'll sign shit players like Mings, Samatta, Guilbert and Heaton.

Or superb players like wesley drinkwater el ghazi trezeguet jota kalinic and hause.
God knows why he took Samatta off. He was giving them something to think about, then that Swansea reserve comes on and touches it once as heads the ball back into our own area and that was about it. Trezeguet was his usual rubbish self as well.

I agree. Baston looked really poor and almost gifted spurs a goal. Offered nothing, y strange sub.

His moaning about var was stupid. He should be dealing with these amateur defensive errors that are costing us most weeks.

You can’t compare this year to last year for fairly obvious reasons.

I have my doubts about Smith but actually think if we go down he’ll be kept for the promotion push and if we stay up it’s not a certainty the board would stick with him if it’s a tight finish.

You think? I can’t see them sacking him if we stay up. It will be a huge gamble to stick with smith if we go down. I also am worried about what type of players he would go for after the shit signings of baston drink water and Wesley

Jesus, Baston has played five minutes of football and is a shit signing? He was also on a free as we clearly didn't have more funds after splashing out on Samatta and before that Wesley in the CF position.

He looked utter shit yesterday.  His only contribution was almost gifting them a goal. Complete panic buy

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6422 on: February 17, 2020, 08:23:01 AM »
5 minutes isn't enough time to pass any sort of considered comment on a player.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6423 on: February 17, 2020, 09:12:40 AM »
Why swap the Centre forward for 5 minutes, he did it against Liverpool aswell.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6424 on: February 17, 2020, 09:14:31 AM »
He's had a poor season. Hasn't proven that he's good enough at this level and with the kind of backing behind us he would be lucky to keep his job even should we stay up.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6425 on: February 17, 2020, 09:17:25 AM »
AEG was having a stormer and Samatta didn't need subbing yesterday.

Smith's biggest mistake is in not bringing in a proper defence coach - this is what will cause our demise, not his substitutions.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6426 on: February 17, 2020, 09:33:41 AM »

Smith's biggest mistake is in not bringing in a proper defence coach - this is what will cause our demise, not his substitutions.
Please explain what is needed to be defensively coached.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #6427 on: February 17, 2020, 09:34:44 AM »

Please explain what is needed to be defensively coached.
And then email to Villa Park.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #6428 on: February 17, 2020, 09:42:33 AM »
Why swap the Centre forward for 5 minutes, he did it against Liverpool aswell.

I think he did it as a 'lump it up' option to try and nick a goal in the last few minutes.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6429 on: February 17, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »
5 minutes isn't enough time to pass any sort of considered comment on a player.

Its not but if i wss a bettjng man this we wilm be as successful as tom carrols move here

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6430 on: February 17, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »
You can't judge him on a few minutes, but you could see that he's no pace, and we looked distinctly worse when Samatta went off.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6431 on: February 17, 2020, 12:21:28 PM »
Another point on smith why the helm did he puss so many peope foraard at such a vital stage of the game?? Jesus there is no way with 90 seconds left we should only havetwo have players back.

His naive and quite frankly idiotic decisions at times are costing us points. A point and a gaol goal conceded could be vital come end of season

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6432 on: February 17, 2020, 12:42:08 PM »
Another point on smith why the helm did he puss so many peope foraard at such a vital stage of the game?? Jesus there is no way with 90 seconds left we should only havetwo have players back.

His naive and quite frankly idiotic decisions at times are costing us points. A point and a gaol goal conceded could be vital come end of season

Watford.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6433 on: February 17, 2020, 12:44:45 PM »

Watford.

And Brighton. Where a defender scored the winner in the 94th minute, when perhaps he should have been in his own half securing the point?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6434 on: February 17, 2020, 01:00:46 PM »

AEG was terrific outlet in first half yesterday. At start of second had shot on target and won corner for second. I'm a critic as I think he's much better than he's shown for most of the season.. Just another incredibly inconsistant young player who''s struggled with the level of this league, we have a few of them.

The reality is though after the hour mark we ceased to be an attacking threat in the final third and it became very much a case of scrapping out a 2-2 so I didn't really mind the subs yesterday bar perhaps bringing on Hourihane and making the midfield narrower.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal