collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1547999 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #4905 on: November 29, 2019, 06:23:54 PM »
Yet he still keeps picking and playing Wesley.

That's clearly because it was a sporting director move by Suso rather than Smith.
Smith wanted Maupay but paying 20m for championship players wasn't a gamble they wanted .
A marketing move for a potential Brazil international is far more valuable as an asset both financially and expanding villas global appeal .
Business moves part and parcel but my long stands that Smith will work with anyone and has ability and humility as a coach to help develop players.

Let's just see in the window what happens and what deals happen.
I could debate this but Dean Smith signed Konsa and Heaton and Engels.

He was given pick for a gk after the Kalinic debacle.
Think that Gk move was left over from previous regime scoutlist.

The main thing is Smith knows what he doing and what he wants I like to think Suso will help identify right type of players to fit into deano system. Its been hit and miss with some signings and that's nothing to do with Dean Smith. If anything he's already improved several

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #4906 on: November 29, 2019, 06:34:41 PM »
I firmly believe that this is the first time in Jacks career that he has ever been properly coached. In the past people have said he is possible England quality, now most fans and pundits want him in the team. Now I know they are not like for like, but to me Sterling is a great player.  his coaches have been Rogers and Pep over the last 6 or 7 years. Jacks have been a bunch of shite to be honest. With Dean I think he will become a great.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4907 on: November 29, 2019, 06:47:49 PM »
I firmly believe that this is the first time in Jacks career that he has ever been properly coached. In the past people have said he is possible England quality, now most fans and pundits want him in the team. Now I know they are not like for like, but to me Sterling is a great player.  his coaches have been Rogers and Pep over the last 6 or 7 years. Jacks have been a bunch of shite to be honest. With Dean I think he will become a great.
That's a great point and example about Grealish development.
It was an inspired move having made Grealish as captain -something I too suggested in past .
I feel very relatable to Dean Smith in the football ideology as have same ideas and philosophy so makes it even sweeter.
I think Grealish feels relatable in the local syndrome as do many of the local fans .
Smith may not have a world wide appeal , as of yet, however people recognise quality coaches when they see one.
The great thing about this one is he's one of villa own and wouldn't leave.
Smith is integral to the growth and wants to grow with the club.
The only thing is the system in place allows for any failure of a coach and can be replaced however I see Smith here for long haul and really think a longer contract should have been given than 4 years.
5 minimum for me.
Everyone here is a big fan and the great football villa play and will only get better.
Its a chance to build a legacy and it's should be at least  a decade of Smith at the helm

The trouble is the business lot constantly look at the financial side , fair enough, but Dean Smith for 10 years  say eve of 2029 and a decade on charge is not far fetched the way he makes this club .

Dean the almighty !!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4908 on: November 29, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »
Good news for Dean, hopefully he's still here at the end of his new contract because it will mean he's doing a tremendous job.

I swear to almighty God if he's here for a decade Villa would have won the league and a few trophies .
Its all in place .
I wouldn't have minded an 8 year contract let alone 4 .
Man does very little wrong.
Values and principles are immense and with the club at his heart and his core only can be one way and that's UP

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4909 on: November 29, 2019, 07:06:13 PM »

That's clearly because it was a sporting director move by Suso rather than Smith.
Smith wanted Maupay but paying 20m for championship players wasn't a gamble they wanted.

You literally have no evidence at all to substantiate that claim about Wesley. And in fact it has been Smith all along who has said he didn’t feel Maupay was worth what was being asked for him.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 08:24:25 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #4910 on: November 29, 2019, 07:09:42 PM »
Good news for Dean, hopefully he's still here at the end of his new contract because it will mean he's doing a tremendous job.

I swear to almighty God if he's here for a decade Villa would have won the league and a few trophies .
Its all in place .
I wouldn't have minded an 8 year contract let alone 4 .
Man does very little wrong.
Values and principles are immense and with the club at his heart and his core only can be one way and that's UP

Alan Pardew is the only manager that has deserved such a long contract.
Dean has to prove himself.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #4911 on: November 29, 2019, 07:18:29 PM »

Smith wanted Maupay but paying 20m for championship players wasn't a gamble they wanted.

You literally have evidence at all to substantiate that claim about Wesley. And in fact it has been Smith all along who has said he didn’t feel Maupay was worth what was being asked for him.
indeed. Bullshit statements need calling out.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #4912 on: November 29, 2019, 07:44:44 PM »
How long did Smith’s existing contract have to run ?

Why was an extension justified now ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4913 on: November 29, 2019, 07:49:43 PM »
For some reason i've got it in my head that the length of his original contract was never announced, so maybe it was only up until the end of next season, or even this one.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4914 on: November 29, 2019, 07:58:37 PM »
Maupay has scored 4 goals. Wesley has scored 4 goals.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4915 on: November 29, 2019, 10:30:33 PM »
For some reason i've got it in my head that the length of his original contract was never announced, so maybe it was only up until the end of next season, or even this one.

I think it was a two year deal originally, but I have no evidence to back that up, just something I seem to recall when he was appointed.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #4916 on: November 30, 2019, 12:17:47 AM »
If we would have lost against Newcastle the reaction on here would have been a lot different. I'm happy for Dean and would love for us to win a cup under him and get us back to a consistent premier league club but i do wonder why a 4 year deal was necessary, at this stage.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4917 on: November 30, 2019, 12:18:28 AM »
I hope so. Have a feeling Terry will be off next summer if not sooner. Won't be long until management opportunities arise. I think  JT will be a future villa manager also.

Terry signed a contract extension in the summer IIRC.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4918 on: November 30, 2019, 09:01:02 AM »
I hope so. Have a feeling Terry will be off next summer if not sooner. Won't be long until management opportunities arise. I think  JT will be a future villa manager also.

Terry signed a contract extension in the summer IIRC.
Can somebody please tell me what IIRC means?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4919 on: November 30, 2019, 09:04:22 AM »
IIRC, it's text shorthand for, "if I recall correctly".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal