collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522402 times)

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #900 on: October 23, 2018, 11:00:45 PM »
Smith out

Assume you're joking mate ?

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #901 on: October 23, 2018, 11:01:49 PM »
Dean smith will get a tune out of this squad, we need to be in or very near the play off spots after Christmas.

so there or thereabouts then?

In all seriousness, I think Dean will learn from tonight. Who he can trust, who "gets it", who puts in the work. Some players didn't check a single box tonight.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #902 on: October 23, 2018, 11:08:15 PM »
Can have all the attacking players but if you don't have the structure/grit at the back like we did last season we won't seriously challenge.

This year feels too much like 16/17 to me. The wrong manager in place at the start of the season, on paper a decent set of attacking options but our defence and midfield weren't good enough and we were mid table for the vast majority of that season.

Wouldn't shock me if this year is similar.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #903 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:28 PM »
I’ll tell you how bad it is at the moment. Gary Gardner has gone on loan to that lot and has been a revelation

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #904 on: October 23, 2018, 11:21:30 PM »
Gardner's not a bad player at this level, he's played well in other loan spells in this league.

For whatever reason he could never get that performance level for us, maybe felt too much pressure, I don't know. Still got two years to run on his deal of course, we should recall him in January if we can as don't like him helping them go above us.

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #905 on: October 23, 2018, 11:24:37 PM »
After MON walked.... I've not trusted nor believed in any subsequent Manager.

I was at the away Norwich match where our supporters were singing praise to Lambert. Eventually Lerner got him. BRILLIANT.  ;D

Does one need to list the dead-heads with Golden P-45s that have trolled through our doors ? ? ?

Amateur Owners

From Lener to Xia to now.

Big Name Managers, floated, hyped and 'leaked' ... and we get D Smith from Brentford  :D

BRILLIANT..... somehow we've got some brains up there at last.

I always reckoned on Brentford ... though I always thought if they got up, they'd be straight down because of MONEY.
Bournemouth proved me wrong on that  8)

Yep, I'm Happy for once, since MON.

ONLY ONE little niggle.... but that can wait.

WE need the "New Manager Bounce"  OK

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #906 on: October 23, 2018, 11:29:01 PM »
Thats a shit poem.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #907 on: October 23, 2018, 11:31:02 PM »
quality players for me are comfortable with the ball
we’ve seen again tonight ours aren’t

I found Smiths comments tonight a tad worrying
we didn’t deserve anything from that game
and we certainly weren’t better on the ball in the second half

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #908 on: October 23, 2018, 11:35:01 PM »
And that one's not much better.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #909 on: October 23, 2018, 11:37:11 PM »
quality players for me are comfortable with the ball
we’ve seen again tonight ours aren’t

I found Smiths comments tonight a tad worrying
we didn’t deserve anything from that game
and we certainly weren’t better on the ball in the second half

I wouldnt worry to much about his comments, I think what hes saying in the dressing room vs what hes saying in the media is very different.
To be fair if it had ended in a draw then I dont think anybody could of had any complaints. They were shite first and definately had the better of the 2nd half but other than the 2 goals, which were mistakes from us, they had no other stand out chances. We hit the post and had Hourihanes shot at the beginning of the 2nd half so a draw wouldn't of been unfair.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:40:52 PM by LukeJames »

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #910 on: October 23, 2018, 11:54:13 PM »
After MON walked.... I've not trusted nor believed in any subsequent Manager.

I was at the away Norwich match where our supporters were singing praise to Lambert. Eventually Lerner got him. BRILLIANT.  ;D

Does one need to list the dead-heads with Golden P-45s that have trolled through our doors ? ? ?

Amateur Owners

From Lener to Xia to now.

Big Name Managers, floated, hyped and 'leaked' ... and we get D Smith from Brentford  :D

BRILLIANT..... somehow we've got some brains up there at last.

I always reckoned on Brentford ... though I always thought if they got up, they'd be straight down because of MONEY.
Bournemouth proved me wrong on that  8)

Yep, I'm Happy for once, since MON.

ONLY ONE little niggle.... but that can wait.

WE need the "New Manager Bounce"  OK
Glad you’re happy Alf , and I think you’re right, at last we’ve got a manager with intelligence. I’m sure he will sort it out but of course he needs time. One week in and you can see what he’s trying to do ...

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #911 on: October 24, 2018, 12:14:19 AM »
My major problem with appointing Smith is he wouldn't get the time to ship out all the arse because our fans think we should be in the premiership full stop. Doesn't matter if we can stay there, we have rich owners, we can buy a new squad when we get up etc... well we saw that approach with Bruce and it didn't work. Me, i can live with another season in the championship if he turns us into a side who we won't be looking to totally replace if we get up. I really hope he gets the time personally and i won't be looking to judge the guy till after christmas 2020. By then and 3 transfer windows you'd hope he'd have a team mainly in his image.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #912 on: October 24, 2018, 12:44:06 AM »
My major problem with appointing Smith is he wouldn't get the time to ship out all the arse because our fans think we should be in the premiership full stop. Doesn't matter if we can stay there, we have rich owners, we can buy a new squad when we get up etc... well we saw that approach with Bruce and it didn't work. Me, i can live with another season in the championship if he turns us into a side who we won't be looking to totally replace if we get up. I really hope he gets the time personally and i won't be looking to judge the guy till after christmas 2020. By then and 3 transfer windows you'd hope he'd have a team mainly in his image.

Just like SB next season is the time to properly judge imo.

Our name at this level at least will always attract players...hence how we got in Snodgrass and Terry last year and Bolaise and Abraham this.

I agree about shipping out players but likes of Whelan, Hutton and Jedinak are all out of contract so that is decent scope to release three of our highest earners and none of them really fit into the comfortable in possession ethos.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #913 on: October 24, 2018, 12:59:59 AM »

Just like SB next season is the time to properly judge imo.

Our name at this level at least will always attract players...hence how we got in Snodgrass and Terry last year and Bolaise and Abraham this.

I agree about shipping out players but likes of Whelan, Hutton and Jedinak are all out of contract so that is decent scope to release three of our highest earners and none of them really fit into the comfortable in possession ethos.

yep, its very very early days. i don't see us as a quick fix as the side that got to a play-off final no longer exists. It was temporary by definition and design. Win our home games and draw and lose away and we won't be that far off this season, but really lets get some sort of squad built for the future.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #914 on: October 24, 2018, 03:29:25 AM »
I just love his honesty. Maybe it’s just him being a Brummie but even in defeat he sounded genuine. It will get better. I’m convinced of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal