collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1523070 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #870 on: October 22, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »
But that's part of his game that needs to get better.  I like the fact he was looking at getting into the penalty box, which is something he can improve upon.  He doesn't have the goals and assists someone of his talent should have - that is for me and the coaching staff to help him work on.  I invite players to ask questions and certainly asks questions.  He has that desire to get better"

I think I felt a bit of a twitch  :D

I like the fact he was taken off as well - as he needed to be. Once he realises he is no longer just allowed to go out there and do what he wants the better for him and for us.

DS is 100% correct - his talent is much better suited in and around the box where he could terrify defenders to touch him

Offline kieron

« Reply #871 on: October 22, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
New Deano interview.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:31:52 PM by kieron »

Online jwarry

« Reply #872 on: October 22, 2018, 04:14:34 PM »
But that's part of his game that needs to get better.  I like the fact he was looking at getting into the penalty box, which is something he can improve upon.  He doesn't have the goals and assists someone of his talent should have - that is for me and the coaching staff to help him work on.  I invite players to ask questions and certainly asks questions.  He has that desire to get better"

I think I felt a bit of a twitch  :D

I like the fact he was taken off as well - as he needed to be. Once he realises he is no longer just allowed to go out there and do what he wants the better for him and for us.

DS is 100% correct - his talent is much better suited in and around the box where he could terrify defenders to touch him

Encouraging that Jack's asking questions as well.  Even the best players in the world need coaching and they become the best players because they listen

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #873 on: October 22, 2018, 04:23:11 PM »
I still want to know what ‘setting traps’ means!
I presume it means in the way they close down, cutting off certain outlets and pushing defenders to make mistakes.

I was amazed how often a Swansea ball carrier would be engulfed by three claret and blue shirts. For years now I've watched it happen to us time and again, but I'd always put it down to our shitness rather than any kind of sneaky underhanded coherent "coaching" on the part of the opposition. Who knew, eh!

Offline Iamkmkm

« Reply #874 on: October 22, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »
The only negative about him as that his voice reminds me of someone i hate.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #875 on: October 22, 2018, 05:06:23 PM »
The best players in the world never want to stop learning, work the hardest in training. Love him or hate him, Ronaldo is the epitome of that and also works overtime in keeping himself in the best possible shape. If Jack wants to be the best he can be he needs to listen a lot, work as hard as possible and develop all aspects of his game.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #876 on: October 22, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »
And serves to highlight the difference between "pull wor boots up" and proper coaching.

Bruce wasn't the coach though he was the manager

I just glad we have a proper footballing set up now that doesn't rely on one man who didnt even turn up for training a lot of the time

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #877 on: October 22, 2018, 08:09:08 PM »
And serves to highlight the difference between "pull wor boots up" and proper coaching.

I just glad we have a proper footballing set up now that doesn't rely on one man who didnt even turn up for training a lot of the time
This.
It's a massively important point.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #878 on: October 22, 2018, 09:17:43 PM »
I'm no expert on tactics etc so I find it fascinating listening to him discuss game plans and team strategy.

A proper technical football coach. How refreshing

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #879 on: October 22, 2018, 11:46:26 PM »

This.

Yet 'the manager' couldn't sort it out.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #880 on: October 23, 2018, 11:15:40 AM »
Don't know if it's the right thread but Mark Walters, once of this parish, is on Talksport after 12 noon.

Manure fans at the moment are wanting Rooney back in the Premier League after he's been playing well in MLS. Slight difference!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #881 on: October 23, 2018, 11:23:07 AM »
Don't know if it's the right thread but Mark Walters, once of this parish, is on Talksport after 12 noon.

Manure fans at the moment are wanting Rooney back in the Premier League after he's been playing well in MLS. Slight difference!

Walters has an autobiography out so I am guessing he is plugging that.

As for Rooney, I think they way that the Manure fans feel about Mourinho they would have Shrek back as player manager in preference to 'the special one'.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #882 on: October 23, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
Pleased with the appointment.  He should have us playing decent football and bring some fresh ideas to the table.  Hopefully he should improve the defence too.  Think he was probably as good as we could get at the moment.  Play-offs is a realistic target for sure.  Who knows maybe even top two ;)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #883 on: October 23, 2018, 01:43:38 PM »

This.

Yet 'the manager' couldn't sort it out.
Agree the title is irrelevant the difference is you have a bloke who sees the team performance as his responsibility and does something about it and another who was too thick and lazy to bother.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #884 on: October 23, 2018, 01:47:16 PM »
Agreed CL. Bruce played for the sack. Got what he wanted but then, so did we. Win win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal