collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522096 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #795 on: October 19, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
Fucking James fucking Collins can get fucking fucked to fucking Fuckland, the fucking fuck that he fucking is.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #796 on: October 19, 2018, 11:18:01 AM »
I did like the idea of bringing someone like Sulliman or Beadeu though instead of loaning back Tuanzebe. If we lose Chester though, then that's a lot to ask of them, especially now Elphick has gone so I wouldn't be against Collins coming in short term.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #797 on: October 19, 2018, 11:24:07 AM »
Has Dean smith changed the Friday press conference time ? Can’t see any comms on website or anything on YouTube

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #798 on: October 19, 2018, 11:25:55 AM »
Does anyone know if and when we have the option to recall any of the loanees?

I don't think you can recall early. Maybe in emergencies, but that'd really only apply to 'keepers, were it the case.

Cheers for that, we'll have to grin and bear it for a while then.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #799 on: October 19, 2018, 11:45:28 AM »
Fucking James fucking Collins fucking can fucking get fucking fucked to fucking Fuckland, the fucking fuck that fucking he fucking is.
Fixed. You missed some opportunities there.

Online The Edge

« Reply #800 on: October 19, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »
so fans want James Collins back, how short are our memories of this man

1. Did he and Dunne assault and verbally abuse a true legend of the club(Sid) when pissed out of there faces on a team bonding weekend
2. After an awards evening, went into Birmingham and was fighting with bouncers outside a night club
3 He said it was a massive mistake to ever leave West Ham for Aston Villa

But lets have him back and we can all applaud him for doing us a favour! no thanks he is part of the reason this club is in the mess it is now trying to get out of.
I agree totally with you and think surely there must be a center half at the club in the juniors who could step up.

If there is I'm sure Terry will know about him and Smith will use him

I think his two centre halfs at Brentford were 20 and 21 years old
Easah Sulliman is currently out on loan when we have zero cover at cb just about sums up Steve Bruce. Bring him back and give him a go Deano.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:02:10 PM by The Edge »

Online The Edge

« Reply #801 on: October 19, 2018, 12:17:10 PM »
Tomorrows game is officially sold out. Have our expectations ever been higher? Over to you Deano. Good luck!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #802 on: October 19, 2018, 12:31:35 PM »
Tomorrows game is officially sold out. Have our expectations ever been higher? Over to you Deano. Good luck!

Yeah, all the best Deano - just the four times as many people as you're used to managing in front of!!!

Offline Diablo

« Reply #803 on: October 19, 2018, 01:15:33 PM »
So Chester and Williams played together for Wales in the matches at the Euros, but have Chester and Collins played together many times for Wales? And do they get on? Any Welsh (or just more knowledgable) Villa fans know?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #804 on: October 19, 2018, 01:37:21 PM »
Collins hates Chester.  Okay I made that up.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #805 on: October 19, 2018, 02:29:18 PM »
Fucking James fucking Collins can get fucking fucked to fucking Fuckland, the fucking fuck that he fucking is.

Yep.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #806 on: October 19, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »
So Chester and Williams played together for Wales in the matches at the Euros, but have Chester and Collins played together many times for Wales? And do they get on? Any Welsh (or just more knowledgable) Villa fans know?

They may not have played together in the sense of a centre back partnership as Wales employed three at the back pretty soon after Chester came into the side and only changed to a four after Collins retired.  If I recall correctly, the only game Collins started at the Euros was the semi final game against Portugal (due to Ben Davies being suspended) and he was part of a back three then with Chester and Ashley Williams.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #807 on: October 19, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »

They may not have played together in the sense of a centre back partnership as Wales employed three at the back pretty soon after Chester came into the side and only changed to a four after Collins retired.  If I recall correctly, the only game Collins started at the Euros was the semi final game against Portugal (due to Ben Davies being suspended) and he was part of a back three then with Chester and Ashley Williams.
Cheers Tom  :-)

Offline Diablo

« Reply #808 on: October 19, 2018, 02:42:47 PM »
Collins hates Chester.  Okay I made that up.
Hahaha! You could have given a reason why he hates him (before confessing) ;-)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:22:27 PM by Diablo »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #809 on: October 19, 2018, 02:48:31 PM »
I don’t like Collins and he is nowhere near the quality I want to see in our squad. In an ideal world I’d like to see a good replacement for Terry or one of the kids given a chance.

But I’m generally of a ‘needs must’ type of view and if for the situation right now Smith thinks he can make any sort of positive contribution, whether that be playing or just emergency cover, then I am absolutely fine with that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal