collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522205 times)

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #570 on: October 15, 2018, 10:44:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/davidanderson_1/status/1051027246109118466?s=21 Worth a read on Dean Smith Villa fans, from a Brentford fan in peace.
I have to agree with criticism of our strategy to replace Bruce. From considering Marquee names like Henry to heavyweights like Rodgers and ending up with salt of the earth smith does seem a bit strange.
And yet all options included John Terry harpooned in. Really hasn't been a good start from the new regime at Villa Park.
"Apart from :
saving the club from financial meltdown (Xia was selling off car parks)
keeping our prize asset and telling Daniel Levy to fuck off in the process,
Bringing in a highly rated and much needed CEO,
Giving Bruce the money to buy John McGinn,
Getting rid of Bruce and his mind numbing "style of play" ,
Bringing in a highly rated Sporting director,
Bringing in a highly respected coach who's known for attractive modern style of play,
Bringing in an assistant who knows the modern game inside out and has won everything you can in professional football,
And giving the whole club and fanbase a huge lift and sense of optimism,
I mean, apart from that brothers and sisters, what have the new owners ever done for us?"

Overseeing a shambles of a transfer window that has left us with one centre half? I'm sure you were all giddy when Lerner and Xia took charge too but lack of effective governance eventually did it for them aswell. The new manager search only adds to the concern as the article articulates well.

John Terry coming in as assistant is a farce and puts unnecessary pressure on Smith from day one. Roy Keane wasn't exactly much of a help to Paul Lambert despite his medals.

Surely one of the reasons they let Bruce go ??

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #571 on: October 15, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #572 on: October 15, 2018, 11:26:29 AM »

Overseeing a shambles of a transfer window that has left us with one centre half? I'm sure you were all giddy when Lerner and Xia took charge too but lack of effective governance eventually did it for them aswell. The new manager search only adds to the concern as the article articulates well.

John Terry coming in as assistant is a farce and puts unnecessary pressure on Smith from day one. Roy Keane wasn't exactly much of a help to Paul Lambert despite his medals.

How is John Terry coming in a farce? Just because Roy 'I've got no friends because I'm hard' Keane didn't do very well doesn't mean that Terry will be.

In fact, it's pretty clear that the influence that Terry had last year was one of the main reasons we finished as high as we did, without him involved who knows what would have happened with Bruce in charge.

As for the Centre Half thing, well I'd argue that is one of the key reasons why we now have a Director of Football and a new structure.

The OP highlighted Terrys medals as a big positive. The Keane example (And numerous others) proves that being a top top player does not lend to success on the sideline. Far from it usually.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #573 on: October 15, 2018, 11:47:53 AM »

I like the one with the big smile while signing , he looks so happy and proud.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #574 on: October 15, 2018, 11:48:21 AM »

How is John Terry coming in a farce? Just because Roy 'I've got no friends because I'm hard' Keane didn't do very well doesn't mean that Terry will be.

In fact, it's pretty clear that the influence that Terry had last year was one of the main reasons we finished as high as we did, without him involved who knows what would have happened with Bruce in charge.

As for the Centre Half thing, well I'd argue that is one of the key reasons why we now have a Director of Football and a new structure.

The OP highlighted Terrys medals as a big positive. The Keane example (And numerous others) proves that being a top top player does not lend to success on the sideline. Far from it usually.

Far from it? Despite the lists that have been done to death showing there are plenty who've done very well. Have you not seen the reports of the help that Terry was to Grealish? Or the reports that say he was a great dressing room influence? His attitude to fitness and training? Is Keane your only example?

Medals do mean something; success. The question is whether that success is understood and the experience utilised correctly. There are plenty of examples of it working elsewhere too, and we're only using him as one of our assistants.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #575 on: October 15, 2018, 11:50:06 AM »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #576 on: October 15, 2018, 11:51:29 AM »

"Look  at me mom!"

He couldn't look prouder if he tried!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #577 on: October 15, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »

"Look  at me mom!"

That is fucking superb!  Looks like a kid at his first day at school.  Brilliant!

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #578 on: October 15, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/davidanderson_1/status/1051027246109118466?s=21 Worth a read on Dean Smith Villa fans, from a Brentford fan in peace.
I have to agree with criticism of our strategy to replace Bruce. From considering Marquee names like Henry to heavyweights like Rodgers and ending up with salt of the earth smith does seem a bit strange.
And yet all options included John Terry harpooned in. Really hasn't been a good start from the new regime at Villa Park.
"Apart from :
saving the club from financial meltdown (Xia was selling off car parks)
keeping our prize asset and telling Daniel Levy to fuck off in the process,
Bringing in a highly rated and much needed CEO,
Giving Bruce the money to buy John McGinn,
Getting rid of Bruce and his mind numbing "style of play" ,
Bringing in a highly rated Sporting director,
Bringing in a highly respected coach who's known for attractive modern style of play,
Bringing in an assistant who knows the modern game inside out and has won everything you can in professional football,
And giving the whole club and fanbase a huge lift and sense of optimism,
I mean, apart from that brothers and sisters, what have the new owners ever done for us?"

Think that says as much about Roy Keanes persona as anything.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #579 on: October 15, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »

"Look  at me mom!"

That is fucking superb!  Looks like a kid at his first day at school.  Brilliant!

it really Is , welcome Deano I wish you all the bloody best  go on my son !!! x

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #581 on: October 15, 2018, 12:49:55 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]And yet, Cruyff, Capello, that baldly fella at Man City etc etc.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #582 on: October 15, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »

"Look  at me mom!"

it really Is , welcome Deano I wish you all the bloody best  go on my son !!! x

Indeed. Such a great picture!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #583 on: October 15, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #584 on: October 15, 2018, 01:02:05 PM »

The perfect example of a picture can mean  more than a thousand words. Brilliant.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal