collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1537719 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #495 on: October 13, 2018, 10:55:50 PM »
I think it’s starting to change though the influx of foreign managers is starting to change attitudes and knowledge of the game in this country which for too long was an isolated little island which thought it had nothing to learn from the rest of the world. You had the odd player or manager who went abroad but they were viewed suspiciously. Whatbreally needs to change is Managers/coaches going and doing it in much larger numbers.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #496 on: October 13, 2018, 11:30:17 PM »
Just found out Dean Smith is a fan of U2.

Smith out.

I think you're confusing him with Chris Smith.

Outside, now!

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #497 on: October 14, 2018, 12:34:58 AM »
Boys and girls, it is changing. We have got a proper lad in charge who loves our club. Furthermore he wants his team to play good football.

Team next week;

John Burridge

Bree Axel Chester Taylor
       Mcginn
Bolasie  Jack Hourihane El-Ghazi/kodjia

Tammy

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #498 on: October 14, 2018, 02:55:03 AM »
Let’s be having yah! Onwards and bloody upwards! Villa till we die! Pissed.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #499 on: October 14, 2018, 06:19:09 AM »
For the second time this week Dean Saunders has been shot down by a Talksport colleague whilst trying to defend Steve Bruce. Saunders was saying where we would have been in the table if the penalty against Preston had gone in. This time it was bluenose Ian Danter, who pointed out to him that Bruce was playing players out of position, won one game in ten and had turned on the fans. Also, in the days since Bruce has been sacked Deano has either forgot what he said when Bruce was sacked or his faith in Bruce has actually gone up in recent days. When Bruce was sacked Deano said he should have been given until Christmas. Today he has said he should have been given until the end of the season!

The same Dean Saunders who -when we appointed Bruce - that he had no plan B and that we needed to move on from this "dinosaur management".
Loved him when he played with us but he really is a bit thick. Not sure why a radio station would give him any airtime?

Because if TalkSport stopped using thick ex-footballers they wouldn't have any staff.
The collective IQ of its audience is another factor.

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #500 on: October 14, 2018, 07:16:52 AM »
Welcome Home Dean   :D

I figure .... .that over the coming months you will change THIS SODDEN CULTURE that we.ve had under Steve.

Let's utilise Jack... rather than picking spots to get fouled at, where Steve practised his 'set-pieces'..Jack is better used than that, surely.

And I won't be myself   ;D... if I don't mention ONE CONCERN
DIVING ! At Brentford and Walsall you had a Rep for "diving" players. More Yellow and Red cards against opponents  then any other clubs.

Just telling you Dean... that won't work at Us !

We know that Jack had to endure and invite the tackles that led to Steve's brainwave set-pieces. But NO MORE ! Let him loose ! !

AND... you are at US now.... No more cheating and Diving.

I welcome you, and will be watching your culture. You are with the Big Boys now....

:)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 07:21:24 AM by alftitimus »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2018, 08:18:59 AM »
You’re an idiot.

Offline villabear

« Reply #502 on: October 14, 2018, 08:31:11 AM »

I figure .... .that over the coming months you will change THIS SODDEN CULTURE that we.ve had under Steve.

Let's utilise Jack... rather than picking spots to get fouled at, where Steve practised his 'set-pieces'..Jack is better used than that, surely.

DIVING ! At Brentford and Walsall you had a Rep for "diving" players. More Yellow and Red cards against opponents  then any other clubs.

We know that Jack had to endure and invite the tackles that led to Steve's brainwave set-pieces. But NO MORE ! Let him loose ! !

I welcome you, and will be watching your culture. You are with the Big Boys now....

Nurse!

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #503 on: October 14, 2018, 08:46:40 AM »

I love the phrase, “THIS SODDEN CULTURE”. Sounds like a lost album by The Fall

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #504 on: October 14, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »
Alf to consulting room five...

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #505 on: October 14, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »

"...£100,000 in used notes, underneath the spaghetti junction. COME ALONE, or he gets it"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:38:06 AM by LeeB »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #506 on: October 14, 2018, 09:36:19 AM »
Someone is still pissed from last night

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #507 on: October 14, 2018, 09:38:32 AM »
Alf to consulting room five...

Now that made me chuckle.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #508 on: October 14, 2018, 09:46:14 AM »
As an aside I would imagine most of us through our youth have wondered what it would be like to play for "our" Villa and to score a goal at the Holte end. That experience would stay with you for a lifetime.

Now fast forward to Saturday when Dean walks out that tunnel to take his place in the dug out. Nearly 40k of his own welcoming him to manage the team he loves.

What would any of us give for That moment?

I really hope we can get that first win for him

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #509 on: October 14, 2018, 10:01:15 AM »

well this a new angle of concern I hadn't thought of ……….thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal