collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522528 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #480 on: October 13, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »
To be fair, whilst Deano was a great striker he's been a crap manager everywhere he's been so I think we can politely ignore his opinion when it comes to managerial ability.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #481 on: October 13, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »
He’s bloody dreadful as a co-commentator too.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #482 on: October 13, 2018, 06:57:27 PM »
In the Metro the other day he was asked about us after we'd sacked Bruce and he said "we'd be there or thereabouts".

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #483 on: October 13, 2018, 07:11:21 PM »
Really wish I was going to be at his first match, reckon it will be a cracking atmosphere.  Instead I will be in New York.  Hoping for better results than last time I was there, when we got dicked 8-0, 4-0 and 3-0.
I will be in Lisbon so will not be able to attend. The last time I was in New York we beat the Kit Stealers 2-1.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #484 on: October 13, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »
For the second time this week Dean Saunders has been shot down by a Talksport colleague whilst trying to defend Steve Bruce. Saunders was saying where we would have been in the table if the penalty against Preston had gone in. This time it was bluenose Ian Danter, who pointed out to him that Bruce was playing players out of position, won one game in ten and had turned on the fans. Also, in the days since Bruce has been sacked Deano has either forgot what he said when Bruce was sacked or his faith in Bruce has actually gone up in recent days. When Bruce was sacked Deano said he should have been given until Christmas. Today he has said he should have been given until the end of the season!

The same Dean Saunders who -when we appointed Bruce - that he had no plan B and that we needed to move on from this "dinosaur management".

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #485 on: October 13, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
For the second time this week Dean Saunders has been shot down by a Talksport colleague whilst trying to defend Steve Bruce. Saunders was saying where we would have been in the table if the penalty against Preston had gone in. This time it was bluenose Ian Danter, who pointed out to him that Bruce was playing players out of position, won one game in ten and had turned on the fans. Also, in the days since Bruce has been sacked Deano has either forgot what he said when Bruce was sacked or his faith in Bruce has actually gone up in recent days. When Bruce was sacked Deano said he should have been given until Christmas. Today he has said he should have been given until the end of the season!
Heard Deano earlier and he said the same in the week just after Bruce got the chop. I love Deano but boy does he love answering his own questions before anyone else is allowed a go.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #486 on: October 13, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
There's a little Villa podcast on youtube that some might of watched/ heard. Has a bloke from Soccer AM on there who's a Brentford fan giving some views and opinions on Dean Smith, quite interesting.

&feature=youtu.be

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #487 on: October 13, 2018, 09:29:51 PM »
Just found out Dean Smith is a fan of U2.

Smith out.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #488 on: October 13, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »
There's a little Villa podcast on youtube that some might of watched/ heard. Has a bloke from Soccer AM on there who's a Brentford fan giving some views and opinions on Dean Smith, quite interesting.

&feature=youtu.be

A bit too much Brentford but.......... I know a lot more about our new manager after watching it

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #489 on: October 13, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »
Just found out Dean Smith is a fan of U2.

Smith out.

I think you're confusing him with Chris Smith.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #490 on: October 13, 2018, 09:57:18 PM »
Thanks Tuscans.  Exciting times.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #491 on: October 13, 2018, 10:23:28 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the Swansea game is something of an anti-climax.  I would just hope to see signs we are going to be playing on the front foot,  at a quicker tempo, getting it forward faster, committing players forward, and a fair bit of movement off the ball.  That would be a good start. 

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #492 on: October 13, 2018, 10:29:48 PM »

The same Dean Saunders who -when we appointed Bruce - that he had no plan B and that we needed to move on from this "dinosaur management".
Loved him when he played with us but he really is a bit thick. Not sure why a radio station would give him any airtime?

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #493 on: October 13, 2018, 10:39:03 PM »

Loved him when he played with us but he really is a bit thick. Not sure why a radio station would give him any airtime?

Because if TalkSport stopped using thick ex-footballers they wouldn't have any staff.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #494 on: October 13, 2018, 10:49:01 PM »

Because if TalkSport stopped using thick ex-footballers they wouldn't have any staff.
Stereotyping I know but I wouldn’t expect ex players to be very tuned in to politics but you’d expect them to have a grasp on football tactics and coaching. Many don’t. This is why the vast majority leave football when they finish playing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal