collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522093 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2018, 12:12:41 PM »
I remember watching Elphicks debut thinking ‘he’s not up to much, I hope he’s got it in him to get better’

He didn’t. I don’t think I saw him have an impressive game, not his fault, we’ve made better players than him go to pot quickly.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2018, 12:14:59 PM »
He was good till he signed for us, then shite. Like a 2010s Kinsella. I've no objection to Bruce getting rid of him. Not bothering to acquire a replacement when we had already lost Terry was lunacy, though.
Not so. He was pretty good when he first arrived and played well with Chester. He struggled later on and never recovered fully. Signs he can play -he has had good games-not just easy games. Good coaching and team structure would help any centre half. One thing no-one would criticise was his attitude.

I remember him being pretty bloody awful from the start. He only had a brief spell last season when he was vaguely competent.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »
As much as I am very excited by the appointment of a coach and a DOF I do however have some concerns on some of the stats I have seen.

As much as we assume he plays attacking football his win ratio is not as impressive as I would of expected and he never emulated the league position his predecessor did at Brentford

I really hope that it works out for the guy and for us

At Walsall he had issues finding a prolific goalscorer so they drew plenty of matches they dominated. Found Tom Bradshaw and that win percentage went up a fair bit in his last 18 months there.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »
Totally agree re Chester - a left sided centre half and left back are the only signings we need to make in January.
A decent keeper too would be nice - although if the almighty defensive mess is remedied it may not be such an issue

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2018, 12:18:09 PM »
He'd probably have finished even higher with Brentford if they didn't sell their best players every season. To have a 40% win percentage in division 2 with Brentford is a massive achievement, their most consistent finishes for 70 years.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2018, 12:20:18 PM »
Should be a big crowd for his first game in charge. Swansea have sold out 2800.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »

Looking at our ticket selector for that game, there's not much availability left in the ground.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »
I remember watching Elphicks debut thinking ‘he’s not up to much, I hope he’s got it in him to get better’

He didn’t. I don’t think I saw him have an impressive game, not his fault, we’ve made better players than him go to pot quickly.

From the few games he's played for Hull, they absolutely love him. Strange one.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #413 on: October 12, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »

Looking at our ticket selector for that game, there's not much availability left in the ground.

I’ve mentioned on another thread somewhere that I was in the ticket office earlier and struggled to get two together, had to move to the WL to get them. Lady said they would take a decision on opening the Upper Trinity early next week.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2018, 12:48:09 PM »

From the few games he's played for Hull, they absolutely love him. Strange one.

Indeed it is strange. In terms of mobility he makes Mile look like Rudolph Nureyev.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2018, 02:48:23 PM »
Upper Trinity now open for Swansea. Nice.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2018, 04:22:29 PM »
Upper Trinity now open for Swansea. Nice.

Saw your post.
Rang to claim our old seats.

They've charged me extra money. They've not done that previously.

It's ffp gorn mad.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #417 on: October 12, 2018, 04:33:15 PM »
Does anybody know what's been happening since the appointment? Dean Smith had prepared to do double training sessions with Brentford this and next week but I haven't seen anything to say he's been at Bodymoor Heath with the players yet. Maybe he's with Terry and O'Kelly planning and only starting with the players on Monday.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2018, 04:43:00 PM »
Can't wait for next Saturday. I will have been at Ron Saunders first game but no idea what it was and I just hope we are now starting out on the same journey we had with the great man.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »
Does anybody know what's been happening since the appointment? Dean Smith had prepared to do double training sessions with Brentford this and next week but I haven't seen anything to say he's been at Bodymoor Heath with the players yet. Maybe he's with Terry and O'Kelly planning and only starting with the players on Monday.

Apparently his first press conference is on Monday 4pm

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal