collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1537991 times)

Offline BoVillan esq

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #7665 on: June 21, 2020, 08:04:48 PM »
Employ a bang average Championship manager and what can you expect - he/we got lucky last season
I am disappointed with the owners - I thought they would have been more savvy - extending his contract was a poor move .
He certainly appears to give other teams far too much respect - no wonder the players aren't up to the fight when the manager gives up prior to kick off

Exactly right and said so at the time of Smith being hired, couldn't get my head around what was expected of a manager that at best had achieved very little and if you are a club wanting Premiership and Premiership survival, why smith?.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7666 on: June 21, 2020, 08:11:53 PM »
In any other season he'd be gone after this exact fixture. But unless there's a replacement waiting in the wings, there isn't, so why bother now? Make a smart appointment for the Championship in the summer when you're not pressing the panic button.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #7667 on: June 21, 2020, 08:14:00 PM »

I am disappointed with the owners - I thought they would have been more savvy - extending his contract was a poor move .

Yeah. I am disappointed by how amateurish it has been over the past 12 months.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #7668 on: June 21, 2020, 08:19:17 PM »
Dean has to stop making excuses. This squad is capable of staying up, but it requires a coherent tactical plan. His constant repetition of the same things that fail time and time again is the problem.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #7669 on: June 21, 2020, 08:19:20 PM »
Deano’s Ultra cautious tactics make for horrendous viewing, but once this season is over we need to look at our recruitment policy. We have some many inadequate players it’s a surprise we aren’t rock bottom already. I’d like to think that Suso will be getting his P45 without any hesitation.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #7670 on: June 21, 2020, 08:19:49 PM »
In any other season he'd be gone after this exact fixture. But unless there's a replacement waiting in the wings, there isn't, so why bother now? Make a smart appointment for the Championship in the summer when you're not pressing the panic button.

If we lose at Newcastle I would let go of Smith, there and then, no ifs no buts, gone, then give it to Terry, tell him he's got the remaining games, if we get relegated the club would look for another boss, If, Terry keeps us up, you have to let him have his way and back him, no question he's got loads of experience in the Premiership as a player, just perhaps with Smith out the way, he becomes a different person/manager. 

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7671 on: June 21, 2020, 08:21:04 PM »
I don't really get the Terry theory myself. I think he's as culpable as Smith and O'Kelly in the way we play.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #7672 on: June 21, 2020, 08:35:07 PM »
an unholy triumvirate who all need to be shown the door.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7673 on: June 21, 2020, 08:37:03 PM »
I'd rather bring in a dream team of Bruce, Sherwood and Fred West before I'd have Terry anywhere near the job.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #7674 on: June 21, 2020, 08:37:10 PM »
Smith’s  been without doubt our poorest performer all season. Tactically inept and appalling game management. Need to win games yet drops Samatta for a player who is maybe Championship at best. Everyone has a crack at Suso but we’ve thrown away so many points and opportunities this season. We never, ever learn.

Too late to change now though with games so closely packed together.

Newcastle is now a must win.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #7675 on: June 21, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »
I'd rather bring in a dream team of Bruce, Sherwood and Fred West before I'd have Terry anywhere near the job.
He is quite near it now.  Usually stands beside it.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7676 on: June 21, 2020, 08:41:43 PM »
He is quite near it now.  Usually stands beside it.

True. Perhaps we need to get him away from it.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #7677 on: June 21, 2020, 09:00:48 PM »
Employ a bang average Championship manager and what can you expect - he/we got lucky last season
He certainly appears to give other teams far too much respect - no wonder the players aren't up to the fight when the manager gives up prior to kick off

Not on here to defend smith, already posted on the post march thread that his continuation of the sametactics indicate he’s lost now, but just how did we get lucky last season. We luckily won 10 games in a row? And we’re luckily the far better team in the play off final. Yes we had Grealish come back but you could argue we were unlucky to lose him for nearly half a season.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7678 on: June 21, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »
Why does every single manager get ruined by us?

I had massive hopes for Deano, JT etc. Brentford had always mullered us, they were quick, incisive and always pressed the action.

Now with the same manager, we’re pedestrian, defensive and cowardly. We have no leaders and look like several players have jumped ship already.

I’m gutted, but have to be honest, if Steve Bruce has served that up, we’d rightly be slaughtering him. Deano has to accept that was appalling.

We're the football equivalent of Lenny from Of Mice and Men, pick up someone 'real purdy' and just fucking break them.

Offline ez

« Reply #7679 on: June 21, 2020, 09:04:21 PM »
I think that's 1 draw and 6 defeats in the last 7 games. That's sackable anywhere else. Why wait until we're down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal