collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 504282 times)

Offline Richard

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #5250 on: December 14, 2019, 05:04:36 PM »
Reminds me so much of the run from Dec to Feb last season. He's a very streaky manager so we have to pray the good run starts soon, next Saturday ideally.

Offline curiousorange

« Reply #5251 on: December 14, 2019, 05:06:06 PM »
Seriously though, if we're sliding this fast it'll have to happen with the majority of the transfer window still available, and it'll need to be a manager who has a defined, organised style and knows how tough it is to grind out cheap results in this league. I can only really think of Benitez.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #5252 on: December 14, 2019, 05:06:41 PM »
SJM has been largely shit this season.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #5253 on: December 14, 2019, 05:07:10 PM »
Midfield is not good enough to play as we do 4-2-3-1, we need to stop this & never start Lansbury again

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #5254 on: December 14, 2019, 05:08:26 PM »
Reminds me so much of the run from Dec to Feb last season. He's a very streaky manager so we have to pray the good run starts soon, next Saturday ideally.

Southampton is an absolutely must win game.  We might need to win it just to go back ahead of them, depending on what happens today.  Even if they lose today, if they beat us we'll be three points from safety.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : 18.02.2021
« Reply #5255 on: December 14, 2019, 05:08:55 PM »
Lose Tuesday and I really do fear for him and us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #5256 on: December 14, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »
Hes a good championship manager but regrettably I think that's all.

I think in time he can be good lower end prem manager but simply week in week out he's too slow tweaking things when games start going away from us and we're losing points on regular basis. You simply won't get away with it compared to championship as the standard is so higher up here compared to playing likes of Bolton and Rotherham.

Next 4 games will decide lots, just have to hope we step up in at least two of them.

I certainly agree just giving him a new deal after a few good wins was very premature although not quite as bonkers as the one Lambert got in 14/15.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #5257 on: December 14, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »

Just me, but I couldn't care less about Tuesday.  A nothing game against Liverpool reserves, and even if we win we'll only get knocked out the first time a decent club plays their first team against us.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #5258 on: December 14, 2019, 05:11:16 PM »

Southampton is an absolutely must win game.  We might need to win it just to go back ahead of them, depending on what happens today.  Even if they lose today, if they beat us we'll be three points from safety.

Can see Southampton being a low scoring 1-1 tbh. Their results have actually been very good on the whole since their 9-0 defeat and they don't concede that many.

I'd be getting that sinking feeling if we can't beat Norwich given we won 5-1 away and they will come and push their FBs up so we will get more space to work with.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5259 on: December 14, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »
Up until now he's been the right man for the job, he needs to start showing more that he's the right one for the future.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 05:18:30 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline richtheholtender

« Reply #5260 on: December 14, 2019, 05:16:49 PM »
I thought at the start of the season that he deserves this year and most of next regardless. I still believe this to be the best course of action.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #5261 on: December 14, 2019, 05:17:49 PM »

Just me, but I couldn't care less about Tuesday.  A nothing game against Liverpool reserves, and even if we win we'll only get knocked out the first time a decent club plays their first team against us.

Surely we need to win just to get the morale up again? Everything has gone very flat very quickly which can happen at premier league level.

I know it's Liverpool under 12s but a win is a win and all the better if we knock in a few goals.

In our current state I simply don't think we can just dismiss it as it will just add to the negativity.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : 18.02.2021
« Reply #5262 on: December 14, 2019, 05:21:28 PM »

Surely we need to win just to get the morale up again? Everything has gone very flat very quickly which can happen at premier league level.

I know it's Liverpool under 12s but a win is a win and all the better if we knock in a few goals.

In our current state I simply don't think we can just dismiss it as it will just add to the negativity.

My thoughts exactly, a routine 2-0 home win would be fabulous thanks.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #5263 on: December 14, 2019, 05:27:58 PM »
What concerns me most,  none of his signings are playing very well.

Targett looks a coward and not particularly very talented.

I'd stick with him. Glad it's not my decision.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #5264 on: December 14, 2019, 05:28:05 PM »
There is no chance of him getting the sack any time soon. We've just given him a fat new contract!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal