collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1546453 times)

Offline steamer

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #14790 on: October 16, 2021, 08:37:01 PM »
He/Villa did
they then recouped it by selling ******** which apparently was not in the plan.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #14791 on: October 16, 2021, 08:45:35 PM »
The players let down Smith today. The lack of professionalism to see that game out, especially from the senior players is a real concern. The lack of desire and commitment smacks of complacency to me and Smith needs to rattle a few cages and dropping a few of the big hitters in the squad otherwise he might be in trouble fairly soon.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #14792 on: October 16, 2021, 08:59:01 PM »
Smiths spent a astronomical amount so i am not suprised edens was furious.

Two pathetic results in a row.

He hasn't spent anything.

"Edens was furious" where has that come from?

Offline Allan C

« Reply #14793 on: October 16, 2021, 09:25:44 PM »
He’ll be a good manager in the premier league one day, but he needs a few more years, and we just can’t wait.

We need someone who knows the premier league well.
Not necessarily a good idea, it’s why we ended up with Bruce and people wanting Allardyce etc.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14794 on: October 16, 2021, 09:29:09 PM »
He’ll be a good manager in the premier league one day, but he needs a few more years, and we just can’t wait.

Not necessarily a good idea, it’s why we ended up with Bruce and people wanting Allardyce etc.

Does it look like we have the sort of owners now who would go for that type of manager?

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #14795 on: October 16, 2021, 09:31:29 PM »
The players let down Smith today. The lack of professionalism to see that game out, especially from the senior players is a real concern. The lack of desire and commitment smacks of complacency to me and Smith needs to rattle a few cages and dropping a few of the big hitters in the squad otherwise he might be in trouble fairly soon.

Very concerning given that one of the players we brought on is easily the most experienced player in the squad.

A large part of that defeat was down to arrogance from the players.  They thought the job was done, then Wolves scored and they retracted into panic mode.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #14796 on: October 16, 2021, 10:14:39 PM »
Mings getting booked for slow play at the sixty minute mark tells you everything.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #14797 on: October 16, 2021, 10:50:26 PM »

Does it look like we have the sort of owners now who would go for that type of manager?
Which is exactly why I said “not necessarily” but who do you have in mind???

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #14798 on: October 16, 2021, 10:56:05 PM »

Smiths spent a astronomical amount so i am not suprised edens was furious.

Two pathetic results in a row.

He hasn't spent anything.

Sean dyche hasnt spent anything. Not dean smith

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14799 on: October 16, 2021, 10:56:08 PM »
Domenico Tedesco

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #14800 on: October 16, 2021, 11:00:24 PM »

Which is exactly why I said “not necessarily” but who do you have in mind???

Conte

Promise him a 100m+ budget and he will come with this squad.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #14801 on: October 16, 2021, 11:09:17 PM »
I doubt it but no harm in asking....perhaps he'll be seduced by 3-5-2.

We should certainly be in mix for mid range and experienced european manager. I think with our squad we're ripe for one of those pressing managers from Bundesliga that half the prem seemingly has.

Probably get shot down for saying this given they've barely won a game this year but actually think Ralph Hassenhuttl would be a really good fit for our squad but people will look at his record and dismiss him which I understand.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #14802 on: October 17, 2021, 12:50:27 AM »
He's done a good job but there isn't a chance in hell that we'll ever break the top 6 with him as a manager. He's very very limited.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #14803 on: October 17, 2021, 05:01:51 AM »
We’ve got ourselves a lower mid table manager working with an upper middle squad, so we finished mid-table last season and will probably do so again this season.

The challenge, just like it is with the playing squad, is to recruit better quality. At certain times, there have been and, no doubt, will be again some really gettable quality coaches available. When the next one becomes available, we have to pounce, in the same we pounced for Martinez or Ings, the players.

Nobody really thought we needed a new GK or striker, but when quality is available, you recruit anyway in order to strengthen the club.

We need to adopt the same strategy to find our next manager.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #14804 on: October 17, 2021, 06:27:40 AM »
It's true to say that we all wished Dean would take us to the very top, he has done a lot for the club and deserves to be given every chance but his game management is going to be his downfall. It isn't just yesterday it's all the other days when it was clear changes needed to be made, when it was obvious a player wasn't performing. I call him the sixty minute man because no matter how bad we are playing he always leaves it til late in the game to make changes.
I believe that if Hause had come on instead of young we would have seen the game out and i wouldn't be the only one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal