collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 01:01:20 PM]

NSWE Investment by cdward
[Today at 12:57:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:55:37 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 12:46:34 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:35:00 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by simon ward 50
[Today at 12:34:58 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:27:06 PM]

Fog stopped play by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:12:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 01:01:20 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by cdward
[Today at 12:57:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:55:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 12:53:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 12:53:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:49:45 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 12:46:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:42:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 668876 times)

Offline KRS

Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #1710 on: December 22, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
Jack HAS to be back centrally now (10) Change formation to a 4231
442 diamond or 4312 for me with Jack playing centrally behind the front 2. Neither wingers are working, Wes never gets on the end of crosses and we need to tighten up at the back.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1711 on: December 22, 2019, 01:26:33 PM »
Merry Christmas.

I realise fracturing his ankle has very little to do with his other injury.
However, players who are playing on with the help of injections always seem to get badly crocked.

I knew we'd lose McGinn, Mings or Grealish long term. So bloody unlucky.

For me it doesn't matter that the injury is unrelated to whatever he was carrying, he shouldn't have been playing in the first place and many people said it before the game. If amateur spectators can spot when an important player desperately needs a rest, the minimum we can ask from a manager is that he realise that also, and act upon it.

I'm as angry about this as the result, tbh, and I'm done with Smith now. He'd have to work a miracle to win back my trust.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1712 on: December 22, 2019, 01:27:42 PM »
et
See new Tweets
Conversation

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
#avfc midfielder John McGinn has fractured his ankle and is expected to miss up to 3 months. Huge blow for Villa, but also a sense of relief as there were initial fears he would be ruled out for the season...

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1713 on: December 22, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »
Merry Christmas.

However, players who are playing on with the help of injections always seem to get badly crocked.

I’m feeling less generous. Playing a player like him when they are injured and below par leads to  frustration, rash judgment and risk of compensation injuries. Whether they were directly linked or not we’ve still risked and (possibly) ruined our prize asset for the season.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #1714 on: December 22, 2019, 01:38:34 PM »
Merry Christmas.

For me it doesn't matter that the injury is unrelated to whatever he was carrying, he shouldn't have been playing in the first place and many people said it before the game. If amateur spectators can spot when an important player desperately needs a rest, the minimum we can ask from a manager is that he realise that also, and act upon it.

I'm as angry about this as the result, tbh, and I'm done with Smith now. He'd have to work a miracle to win back my trust.

Don’t agree.
It’s too easy to lump everything Deano’s way because that’s how it’s inevitably going now. It was just an unfortunate injury from a challenge for the ball.
It’s just a momentum thing now and this site will be full of people baying for blood.
It’s a shame because I believe Smith deserves more time but I accept that I’m in the minority now.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1715 on: December 22, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »
Merry Christmas.

Don’t agree.
It’s too easy to lump everything Deano’s way because that’s how it’s inevitably going now. It was just an unfortunate injury from a challenge for the ball.
It’s just a momentum thing now and this site will be full of people baying for blood.
It’s a shame because I believe Smith deserves more time but I accept that I’m in the minority now.

So you think Smith was right to start McGinn?

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #1716 on: December 22, 2019, 01:43:16 PM »
Since Kodja broke his ankle, he has never been the same player since. Let's hope this doesn't repeat itself.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1717 on: December 22, 2019, 01:59:39 PM »
Whilst the injury is nothing to do with the one he was carrying, I feel his condition has been very badly handled and he really shouldn’t have been on the field to pick up this up.

I'd agree, sometimes though it's just smallest margins. If the ref had just given the fucking obvious free kick, that may never have happened.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1718 on: December 22, 2019, 02:03:23 PM »
it was a silly A silly challenge.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1719 on: December 22, 2019, 02:13:34 PM »
Whilst the injury is nothing to do with the one he was carrying, I feel his condition has been very badly handled and he really shouldn’t have been on the field to pick up this up.

I'd agree, sometimes though it's just smallest margins. If the ref had just given the fucking obvious free kick, that may never have happened.

Agree. We should sue that twat for reparations.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1720 on: December 22, 2019, 02:45:29 PM »
That's bad news for us I know he was playing with an injury and was off form but we need others to step up now.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #1721 on: December 22, 2019, 03:08:25 PM »
Merry Christmas.

Don’t agree.

Not necessarily in the minority. "Smith out" is just noisier . H and V isn't necessarily reflective of the Villa support as a whole.
FWIW I agree with you.
How many people on here, WITHOUT the 20:20 hindsight, wanted McGinn left out yesterday? Where were the posts on the pre-match thread to that effect?

Blaming Smith for McGinn's injury is like blaming Bernard Matthews for your turkey being overcooked.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1722 on: December 22, 2019, 03:13:34 PM »
Merry Christmas.

Don’t agree.

Not necessarily in the minority. "Smith out" is just noisier . H and V isn't necessarily reflective of the Villa support as a whole.
FWIW I agree with you.
How many people on here, WITHOUT the 20:20 hindsight, wanted McGinn left out yesterday? Where were the posts on the pre-match thread to that effect?

Blaming Smith for McGinn's injury is like blaming Bernard Matthews for your turkey being overcooked.

Well I did for a start. It just would have been a sensible thing to do seeing as he's been having injections to play.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1723 on: December 22, 2019, 03:14:35 PM »
Jack HAS to be back centrally now (10) Change formation to a 4231
442 diamond or 4312 for me with Jack playing centrally behind the front 2. Neither wingers are working, Wes never gets on the end of crosses and we need to tighten up at the back.

I completely agree. It can revert to two holding out of possession to give the defence and full backs extra cover too.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1724 on: December 22, 2019, 03:30:37 PM »
3 months out according to John Percy /Telegraph

Let’s hope we are still in with a hope of staying up when he returns

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal