collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92642 times)

Offline Emmo

Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #645 on: June 17, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »
I do find it a bit sad how anyone can call a manger of ours who's been through what he has and albeit failing 'fistface'. The anger in some people is staggering.
I do find it a bit sad how anyone can call a manger of ours who's been through what he has and albeit failing 'fistface'. The anger in some people is staggering.

I have never posted on the site before, although as someone said the other day, I have been lurking around it for some time. I'm a long standing supporter and can remember the bad old days under the "old board" before the "revolution" happened. I was at the meeting in Digbeth Civic Hall when the news was announced that the old board had given in to the pressure and were stepping down to allow others to take over the club. I was also at the final in Rotterdam, our finest hour.
 I can remember how depressing things were when the old board refused to budge and things were just getting worse.
 At the moment things seem to be as bad as they were then, well almost.
 Last week I spoke to someone I know and he mentioned that he was a long standing friend of our acting CEO Luke Organ. He said that Luke Organ is a very well respected figure in financial circles (try not to let that worry you). Despite being a relatively young man (most people are relatively young to me) he has a lot of experience and a reputation for getting things done in the right way. He manages his staff well and is respected by them. Apart from all of this he is also regarded as being a "good bloke".
 Now I'm aware that this does not guarantee a good outcome for our club just because he's reported to be all of these things. For a start off he has to report to other people, some of whom we know nothing about. Our present predicament won't be solved by one person either, no matter how good they are at their job or whether the are a "good bloke", or not.
 However, amidst all the doom and gloom understandably smothering us at the moment I did at take some comfort from this. At least we might have someone in a influential position who actually knows what he's doing.
 Now I don't know Luke Organ and I might be clutching at straws (at times like this you have to clutch at something) but if he is allowed to influence events without too much negative interference we just might avoid the worst.
 We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, will Tony Xia sell the club, will he carry on ?
 Let's just hope we can get a tune out of Mr Organ (sorry for that, perhaps you'll forgive me as a newby). One thing I do know we could do with some justified positivity at the moment.
 Emmo
 Emmo

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #646 on: June 17, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »
Welcome Emmo.

My inner Sid James will consume me if you keep writing 'Luke Organ'.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #647 on: June 17, 2018, 04:08:45 PM »
We need to pay £11m in transfer fees by the end of June for McCaramac, Chester and Hogan.  I literally have no idea where that cash is going to come from.

How do you know that?

Reliable sauces.
You mean something like a Bechamel?

Levi Roots is itk.

All this overspending will ketchup with us before long.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #648 on: June 17, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »
Well played sir.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #649 on: June 17, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »
Great! Sauce puns. Finally something to relish.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #650 on: June 17, 2018, 04:22:45 PM »
Great! Sauce puns. Finally something to relish.

It makes me see red.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #651 on: June 17, 2018, 04:37:48 PM »
We really are in the brown sauce stuff.

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #652 on: June 17, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
The Gravy train has hit the buffers.

A lot of our best players are going to have to bid 'Tartar' to us. Perhaps even Dr Tony will bid us "Soy long and thanks for all the memories"

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #653 on: June 17, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »
I was surprised we still had HP  on those three

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #654 on: June 17, 2018, 05:32:08 PM »
Mayonnasian billionaire get us out of this pickle? Not a Carbonara copy of our current one, mind.

Offline Emmo

« Reply #655 on: June 17, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »
Thanks for the welcome SE.
I promise to stop using Mr O's full name in future. From now on I will just refer to him as our Acting CEO (Chief Executive Organ) in the hope that it will prevent you from descending into any Carry On humour.
 Ooh Matron !
 You see you've got me at it now

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #656 on: June 17, 2018, 07:04:55 PM »
Only Villa could Picalilli-livered owner who isn't minted

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »
Tartare Tony, its time to go.

Offline mike

« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2018, 08:02:37 PM »
"What he has been through"?   The loss of a child is going through it.  Dalian's family went through it.  And Ugo's family.  And Justin Fashanu's. And William and Harry.  Like Malandro says. Bruce's private, personal life is very sad but it is irrelevant.

Maybe some of us of us have been brought up to be less angry towards people who's crime is not to have got a football team promoted.

This from the person whose rudeness pushed me off this site for a year.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #659 on: June 17, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »

I genuinely cannot believe people are still going on about needing a new manager as the club potentially turns to dust

FFS. Get your priorities in order

In what world can we, Aston Villa circa summer 2018 afford to pay off another manager and his staff (never mind finding the money to then appoint a whole new set) when we're frantically scraping around down the proverbial back of the settee looking for coppers to fill the piggy bank ?

What on earth are you people thinking of .. JFC

WAKE UP AND OPEN YOUR EYES

I don’t think we could be further apart in our opinion of Bruce

I curse the day we ever appointed him as our manager and said at the time that nothing good would come of Villa while he’s in charge, and i haven’t changed my mind and just look where we are

how any Aston Villa fan can look at the situation we are in right now which Bruce has been just as culpable as anyone else at the club and say he’s the man to take us forward is for me absolutely mind blowing, staggering I just don’t get it

I don’t know if the next bloke will be any good but the present bloke will take us on the road to nowhere as he’s done so far

imo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal