collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92545 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2018, 09:25:34 PM »
On the bright side that estimate 5m a month loss includes wages of the loan players and the players who are out of contract, so it'll only be 3.5m a month come end of july...

yep i reckon with terry, snodgrass, gabby, hutton, grabban, samba, johnstone etc.. going thats the thick end of a million off it
so sell chester and jack to get in 30 odd million and hes won himself a year to get his assets out of china...

Or his ass out of Birmingham.

/baddumtish

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2018, 09:25:54 PM »
Many cries and whispers on social media tonight, but one interesting tidbit was that controls in China haven't changed outlandishly in recent months, but it can happen at random to people and companies with not much notice given. Also, the concept of 'saving face' seems incredibly important in that culture.

So basically sell anything and everything until there is nothing left it looks like to me.

The Chinese regulations haven't happened over night and still no solution to it makes me think that Dr Xia is really skint Tone. Scrambling around, selling on debts, calling in future payments, loaning against everything.

Fucking c***.

See that doesnt make sense to me, If he was ‘only’ a multi millionaire, why has he been using up all of his wealth bankrolling a team on the other side of the world when the returns of selling when/if we got to the PL weren’t that great anyway?

The ‘can’t access his money from China’ story seems plausible to me.

It doesn't sound plausible to me that the Government would let his investment go to the wall even though he has millions and millions at home sitting there. Surely there would be some sort of offer to allow him to deal with exceptional circumstances. Not just an attitude of ''tough shit, it can go to the wall, lose all your money you've invested''

Doesn't make sense to me.
I don’t buy the cant get the money out of China either, there has been a tightening up but it’s being suggested that there is a complete lock down and I can tell you there has not.
If he has the money but needs to apply for exchange control he could walk a proof of funds letter down to the bank.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2018, 09:26:15 PM »
On the bright side that estimate 5m a month loss includes wages of the loan players and the players who are out of contract, so it'll only be 3.5m a month come end of july...

yep i reckon with terry, snodgrass, gabby, hutton, grabban, samba, johnstone etc.. going thats the thick end of a million off it
so sell chester and jack to get in 30 odd million and hes won himself a year to get his assets out of china...

well not quite. its not just wages we're paying out.

Offline davidb

« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2018, 09:27:51 PM »
true but i guess that gets rid of problem number one and the immediate threat of insolvency and him losing his investment

well not quite. its not just wages we're paying out.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2018, 09:28:17 PM »
Many cries and whispers on social media tonight, but one interesting tidbit was that controls in China haven't changed outlandishly in recent months, but it can happen at random to people and companies with not much notice given. Also, the concept of 'saving face' seems incredibly important in that culture.

So basically sell anything and everything until there is nothing left it looks like to me.

The Chinese regulations haven't happened over night and still no solution to it makes me think that Dr Xia is really skint Tone. Scrambling around, selling on debts, calling in future payments, loaning against everything.

Fucking c***.

See that doesnt make sense to me, If he was ‘only’ a multi millionaire, why has he been using up all of his wealth bankrolling a team on the other side of the world when the returns of selling when/if we got to the PL weren’t that great anyway?

The ‘can’t access his money from China’ story seems plausible to me.

It doesn't sound plausible to me that the Government would let his investment go to the wall even though he has millions and millions at home sitting there. Surely there would be some sort of offer to allow him to deal with exceptional circumstances. Not just an attitude of ''tough shit, it can go to the wall, lose all your money you've invested''

Doesn't make sense to me.
I don’t buy the cant get the money out of China either, there has been a tightening up but it’s being suggested that there is a complete lock down and I can tell you there has not.
If he has the money but needs to apply for exchange control he could walk a proof of funds letter down to the bank.

What do you know? What have you heard?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2018, 09:29:27 PM »
He doesn't have the money. That's my take on it. If you have to come up with an increasing number of excuses as to why what should happen hasn't then it's normally because there is something wrong.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »

It's on the OS.

*Sorry CL but had to be done!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »

As it stands i'm more inclined to believe Stan's assumption that Wyness is the main guilty party rather than The Mirror's piece which was seemingly written by Wyness himself putting all blame on Xia

But who knows. Wyness has certainly got his side across quick via Nursery though

What piece is this? I can't see owt

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2018, 09:38:52 PM »

It's on the OS.

*Sorry CL but had to be done!
Fair cop :)

Offline myf

« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2018, 09:39:42 PM »
I think the FFP thing is pretty much an irrelevance at the moment.

In the context of current cash flow problems yes but another massive and likely insurmountable hurdle for 2019 and another reason for him to sell up

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »
It's entirely possible that Wyness has done all the stuff in stan's piece

But that could have been in response to recognising the unavoidable shit fest that was coming - whatever you think of his motives

A little earlier today I started to think, maybe it's not as bad as Leeds. I'm now worried that it's worse. Although I'm sure at least some of the domesday speculation is wrong, because it always is

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »
What I don’t get is his grand plans for regeneration of Aston which presumably has nothing to do with being in the PL and can only have gone down the pan because the Chinese bloodline has been cut off. Oh I don’t fucking know ....

I reckon it had a lot to do with us being a PL side. That becomes the global focal point for the place, instantly known as the home of an English Premier League side to people worldwide.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2018, 09:46:58 PM »
My trouble with Wyness is he was crawling all over the media 6 months ago saying he had a plan if we didn't go up. Well where is it?

If plan b) was Tony investing a certain amount each month to keep our heads above water, well he obviously didn't really investigate much

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2018, 09:47:30 PM »
Well all the clubs in the midlands are under Chinese ownership so how does that effect them?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2018, 09:48:11 PM »
Well all the clubs in the midlands are under Chinese ownership so how does that effect them?

All the other owners have European businesses, I believe.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal