collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92471 times)

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2018, 08:33:16 PM »
Now this would be taking the piss http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/06/report-southampton-weighing-up-3-4m-bids-for-aston-villa-youngst/

Please god no.

We are no longer in a bargaining position.

Grealish will probably go for half his worth.

Just to pay some debts.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »
Whatever happens Xia will have to go, his ownership has been a total disaster. There would be no trust ever again in anything the fantasist says.

To be fair, he hoped in 5 years Aston Villa would be mentioned alongside Real Madrid and Barcelona.. there's still time, yet.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2018, 08:35:11 PM »
Now this would be taking the piss http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/06/report-southampton-weighing-up-3-4m-bids-for-aston-villa-youngst/

Please god no.

This was always going to happen. Sensibly run clubs looking for young bargains with future sell on potential. Take note Tony

We'll see. If we go into next season after using the youth team to fund our monthly running costs, he's even more of an idiot than i took him for. End of the day its not going to reduce the wages bill is it? Just delaying the inevitable from running out of money in August or running out in November.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2018, 08:36:34 PM »
How long is a 2m loan going to keep the wolves from the door?

If we’re losing 5 million a month less than a fortnight.

Offline myf

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »
I speak for myself with this, and very selfishly, to say I'd rather we went bust, kaput and gone completely.

i'd be proud of the history, sorry about what's happened but glad and relieved I have to go through no more.

Then I'd start to support Hallam FC, the closest non-league team to me and my children would probably opt for Sheffield United as their local team (the closest team in any league or non-league etc). It would be release from this shite forever.

I hate modern football but at the same time I'm addicted to it, this would be the only way to wean myself.

I can sympathise with this. I'd be up for starting from scratch like Rangers did

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2018, 08:39:08 PM »

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2018, 08:40:51 PM »

Percy in the Torygraph is reporting that the loan is £6m.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2018, 08:40:57 PM »
Dilly Dilly

I hate that advert.

Me too. Almost as much as the cake eating opera shit on BGT. They go in the same box of what the fuck and why are you on my telly. Lump pretty much every program my wife watches into that too.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2018, 08:43:17 PM »
One figure that keeps bothering me is this £5million a month loss.

That supposes we are spending 7-8 million a month. My question would be on what? Player wages are high, but around 60 million is a season, so 5 million a month. Where is the other 3 million going? Our income is approximately 3 million ish a month I reckon, so overall, we are spending mad money each month on something.

Installments on historic transfers, instalments of sacking compensation, general maintenance costs on two huge properties, GDPR compliance?

Offline frank black

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
Dilly Dilly

I hate that advert.

Me too. Almost as much as the cake eating opera shit on BGT. They go in the same box of what the fuck and why are you on my telly. Lump pretty much every program my wife watches into that too.

The silent car sales advert annoys the hell out of me. Does it’s job though and makes you look up and watch very clever marketing.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
We have always been pioneers in the game. Maybe we will be the straw that breaks the back of the super inflated, money obsessed game that football has become. Maybe it needs a huge club to go tits up for everyone else wakes up and realises everyone is one crisis away from a disaster.
Could be Chelsea next. Could be anyone if the money dries up.

Altogether now "we'll never die we'll never die, we'll keep the lions flag flying high"

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:48:22 PM by Hookeysmith »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2018, 08:46:55 PM »
Owning 51% of a company would not allow you to pass a special measure. You'd want north of 75% for de facto ownership. S.571 CA06 in particular.

51% would let you pass an ordinary resolution only, so you'd want 76% at least.

Not that you want to confuse ownership and control of a company mind.

You only need a special resolution for things like changing the company name and articles of association.

You need it for a lot more. That's why I make the money and you count it *winky*

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »
Yes, sounds like a good idea.  Maybe change the thread title to "Factory of Sadness" though?! :)

That's Copyright Cleveland Browns though, and I don't think Villa can afford the royalties at the moment.

I'm still trying to decide which franchise I pull for is in worse shape.  The Browns have won a grand total of one game in 2 years, but Villa is on the verge of bankruptcy.  I guess the Browns can be thankful they don't have relegation in the NFL.
I was doing English language oral exams this morning and one student was telling me about his week working with a basketball club. During questioning I asked him who his favourite team was. He said "Cleveland Cavaliers" I blurted out "What? Are they any good because the Cleveland Browns are rubbish". He said they are very good. Not that I would have a clue.

Offline davidb

« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2018, 08:50:24 PM »
On the bright side that estimate 5m a month loss includes wages of the loan players and the players who are out of contract, so it'll only be 3.5m a month come end of july...

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2018, 08:51:23 PM »

Indeed.  The real question is how is he going to plug the working capital gap that until May he was sending every month. If he as is alleged but I doubt can’t get money out of China then where is it going to come from.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:53:23 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal