collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92489 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2018, 07:13:02 PM »
I wonder if there’s anything in this American who’s reported to be interested in buying us?

How about this: This American chap offers to buy 51% of the club from Tony Xia, at the club's current value (ie much less than Xia paid), on the condition that Xia invests that money back into the club. It wouldn't be Chinese money, so there should be no problem there. Written into the deal is that when/if we get promoted again, the remaining 49% is sold at the price Xia paid (which would be much less than what it would be worth). This way Xia saves face and makes a much smaller loss, the American chap gets himself a Premier League club at a shitshambles price and we can forget this ever happened.

Of course, in order to assure we were promoted we'd have to keep Jack and buy a load of old, largely shit players on massive wages have a well thought out, strategic plan that builds around a solid youth base. So that would be implemented.

In the unlikely event we don't get promoted in the next couple of years, well, then we're probably going to be really in the shit. But maybe being in the shit in two years sounds infinitely more appealing than being in the shit right now.
I like your thinking ....all we need now is a gullible American  willing to invest  :)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2018, 07:19:10 PM »
To be quite honest, I'm sick of this. What a waste of everybody's time, money and energy. Administration, winding up orders, fire sales. Dragging our arses around the country, buying replica tat, revelling in a win, being pissed off at a loss...it hasn't been worth it, has it?

You need to stop wallowing in the depression and the misery and the fact we're not going to be in the premier anytime soon. Took me only a day to snap out of it and i'm a complete miserable bastard. End of the day, we're Aston Villa and we'll survive, we get attendances in the championship half the premiership can't manage so if the worse comes to the worse someone will see us as the best/only chance of acquiring a massive premiership club. so fuck the owners, fuck the papers, fuck the HMRC and think positive.

Wrong thread really but y'know.

Offline Gido82

« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2018, 07:23:34 PM »
Exactly this...
I haven't had real joy from Villa since the mid 90s and I guessing that had a lot to do with childhood optimism. We're in the shit no doubt but we won't be ringing round looking to get 11 players on the pitch! Owners and players come and go and all that...

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2018, 07:25:15 PM »
“The HMRC” is what collects the money to pay for the NHS etc, therefore I’d prefer it if Villa did not fail to meet their obligations

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2018, 07:27:06 PM »
You need to stop wallowing in the depression and the misery and the fact we're not going to be in the premier anytime soon. Took me only a day to snap out of it and i'm a complete miserable bastard. End of the day, we're Aston Villa and we'll survive, we get attendances in the championship half the premiership can't manage so if the worse comes to the worse someone will see us as the best/only chance of acquiring a massive premiership club. so fuck the owners, fuck the papers, fuck the HMRC and think positive.

Yup

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2018, 07:28:49 PM »
The worst thing is we are on a continual refresh of here, twitter, newsnow etc... I become consumed by reading about how shit Villa are, and have been for nearly 20 years since forums began. Before that I'd read the papers etc and teletext and that would be enough. Now it consumes me. Why! What for? Where is the enjoyment.... But I know I can't and won't stop. Don't stop the beeping Villa. Flatline now there will be a lot of folks with too much free time and a lot of sorrows to drown.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »
Owning 51% of a company would not allow you to pass a special measure. You'd want north of 75% for de facto ownership. S.571 CA06 in particular.

51% would let you pass an ordinary resolution only, so you'd want 76% at least.

Not that you want to confuse ownership and control of a company mind.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2018, 07:35:16 PM »
Amidst all the chaos and confusion is anyone else a tad excited to see a youthful team full of academy graduates? Trying to look on the bright side here ..possibly clutching at straws.

Will done Gido we need a bit of optimism around here, shame they are likely to sell the Recon Academy or whatever it’s called to keep us afloat!

Online john2710

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2018, 07:41:20 PM »
To be quite honest, I'm sick of this. What a waste of everybody's time, money and energy. Administration, winding up orders, fire sales. Dragging our arses around the country, buying replica tat, revelling in a win, being pissed off at a loss...it hasn't been worth it, has it?

Wrong thread really but y'know.

Amen

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2018, 07:46:35 PM »
Owning 51% of a company would not allow you to pass a special measure. You'd want north of 75% for de facto ownership. S.571 CA06 in particular.

You only need a special resolution for things like changing the company name and articles of association.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2018, 07:51:50 PM »
The halcyon days of Emment Kapengwe and David Mwila and a young Sir Brian beckon before us. Once a Villa supporter always a Villa supporter!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2018, 07:54:28 PM »

You only need a special resolution for things like changing the company name and articles of association.
76% enables a special resolution to  allow a majority shareholder to issue more shares and share swamp a minority shareholder.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »
Quite honestly it matters not who the owner is or how wealthy they are, if you surround yourself with useless ****** you’ll get found out, it took 2 years to find this one out.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2018, 07:58:55 PM »
Quite honestly it matters not who the owner is or how wealthy they are, if you surround yourself with useless c***s you’ll get found out, it took 2 years to find this one out.

Useless, and self serving it sounds like.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2018, 08:01:02 PM »
Makes you want to give up and follow something boring like Golf.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal