collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92609 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
I wonder if there’s anything in this American who’s reported to be interested in buying us?

You and your love for American owners. When will you learn.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2018, 05:39:34 PM »

As it stands i'm more inclined to believe Stan's assumption that Wyness is the main guilty party rather than The Mirror's piece which was seemingly written by Wyness himself putting all blame on Xia

But who knows. Wyness has certainly got his side across quick via Nursery though

Sorry but that doesn’t stack up. The problems  have been caused by the owner not supplying the necessary cashflow. In those circumstances, directors are legally obliged to act in the best interests of the company, NOT one individual. Faced with a winding up order, Wyness has done the right thing by exploring all eventualities.

What if said owner had no idea how bad the situation had become because said CEO (who's job it is to run the club day to day) hadn't been telling him the hard facts ?

How would he get away with that? Xia would know what the income is going to be, and would have to have signed off on the wages for players like Terry. Xia is a director of the club the same as Wyneds, and the executive board including Wyness and the FD etc report into him.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2018, 05:40:26 PM »
I wonder if there’s anything in this American who’s reported to be interested in buying us?

Absolutely not. Nothing good ever happens to us any more, and hope is a lie.

Haha I was about to say that - nothing at all good happens to us, don't be silly

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »
It’s buying time.

Which is very different to good news. As it stands we're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Good news would be "Villa have paid all due debts without resorting to borrowing or selling/mortgaging any assets"

It's better news than "Villa haven't a pot to piss in to begin paying off their tax bill and a winding-up order has been issued."

None of it is good news, I'll give you that, but I for one want to see the Club survive whatever happens, I'd rather we did what we could to stay where we are and didn't just throw our hands up in the air and say 'what's the use anyway?' as if the end of Aston Villa has always been inevitable.

Well said.

I don't think anyone has said that though, have they?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2018, 05:42:15 PM »
It’s buying time.

Which is very different to good news. As it stands we're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Good news would be "Villa have paid all due debts without resorting to borrowing or selling/mortgaging any assets"

It's better news than "Villa haven't a pot to piss in to begin paying off their tax bill and a winding-up order has been issued."

None of it is good news, I'll give you that, but I for one want to see the Club survive whatever happens, I'd rather we did what we could to stay where we are and didn't just throw our hands up in the air and say 'what's the use anyway?' as if the end of Aston Villa has always been inevitable.

Well said.

You’d rather us go out of existence. Fuck sake.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2018, 05:42:51 PM »

You and your love for American owners. When will you learn.

I hope he’s pleased with himself.

Offline kippaxvilla2

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
Save your ire for the owner.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »
It’s buying time.

Well said.

You’d rather us go out of existence. Fuck sake.

With none of the bollocks in atals post.

You, probably more than anyone on here, have moaned and moaned and seen a negative side to everything for years. So, excuse me for being sick of hearing it, experiencing it, being fucking disappointed with results, people, football, authorities, players, agents and the whole bandwagon.

As I said, it's the only way I'd be able to stop following and supporting the Villa.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2018, 05:48:24 PM »
£8m wage bill?

Yes, the latest installment

I doubt it's correct though.  The last set of accounts had the wage bill as somewhere around £53m.  For it to be £8m next month the annual figure would need to have nearly doubled, Bruce spent stupid money on wages but not that stupid. Something closer to £5m seems more realistic.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »
I'd never watch another game of football again if Villa went out of existence. I dont have any interest in football outside of Villa as it is, and I wouldn't be spending money on something I didn't really give a shit about.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2018, 05:56:21 PM »
£8m wage bill?

Yes, the latest installment

I doubt it's correct though.  The last set of accounts had the wage bill as somewhere around £53m.  For it to be £8m next month the annual figure would need to have nearly doubled, Bruce spent stupid money on wages but not that stupid. Something closer to £5m seems more realistic.

yeah i couldn't work that out either, seeing only whelan and elmo would be added to that and loads have left since that figure. Paper talk i guess. Probably other bills stacking up though.

Offline Gido82

« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2018, 06:18:45 PM »
Amidst all the chaos and confusion is anyone else a tad excited to see a youthful team full of academy graduates? Trying to look on the bright side here ..possibly clutching at straws.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2018, 06:31:03 PM »
Stan Collymore
Stan Collymore
@StanCollymore
Villa.

1. Losing £5m PM.
2. Still haven't got £2m HMRC payment.
3. Can't use BMH as loan collateral to get £2m as bank won't let us loan  against assets.
4. Owner can't get money from China
5. £22m overdraft facility withdrawn
6. 3rd year parachute payment already lent against

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
Xia wanting to hold on see futile , talk of selling players when reality is only Jack is going to bring in a profit no one we have brought under Xia will sell for more than we paid so it seems to me we may solve a short term cash flow problem but then be sanctioned for breaching FFP anyway which like going into Adminstration could entail a point deduction...its honestly a total shambles

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal