collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92490 times)

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2018, 05:24:04 PM »
£8m wage bill?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2018, 05:24:46 PM »
He can do what he likes, or doesn't like, and I can point out when it's really a bit daft. First bit of potential good news being reported all week and instead he wants to spout hate and tell the world he'd rather Villa were sunk for good. Bizarre.

I'm not sure it's good news really.

You'd rather administration?

You think spending the last parachute payment 2 months before the season even starts is good news?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »
He can do what he likes, or doesn't like, and I can point out when it's really a bit daft. First bit of potential good news being reported all week and instead he wants to spout hate and tell the world he'd rather Villa were sunk for good. Bizarre.

I'm not sure it's good news really.

You'd rather administration?

You think spending the last parachute payment 2 months before the season even starts is good news?
It’s buying time.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »
£8m wage bill?

Yes, the latest installment

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2018, 05:28:06 PM »
The issue they will face now is that all of the non football related un secured creditors will become the “Barbarians at the gate”

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »
It’s buying time.

Which is very different to good news. As it stands we're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Good news would be "Villa have paid all due debts without resorting to borrowing or selling/mortgaging any assets"

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »
Its getting worse and worse. If we are borrowing against parachute payments now, how do we survive the summer? It does look like administration is not that far away, and its 12 point deduction, and we hope that we survive next season and build and build. The spirit of the 70s

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2018, 05:31:55 PM »
I speak for myself with this, and very selfishly, to say I'd rather we went bust, kaput and gone completely.

i'd be proud of the history, sorry about what's happened but glad and relieved I have to go through no more.

Then I'd start to support Hallam FC, the closest non-league team to me and my children would probably opt for Sheffield United as their local team (the closest team in any league or non-league etc). It would be release from this shite forever.

I hate modern football but at the same time I'm addicted to it, this would be the only way to wean myself.

Sorry, I can't agree with that at all.  I'll continue to support them whatever their circumstances and whichever division they are in.     

Yeah what a load of bollocks. We’ll always be Villa fans.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2018, 05:33:40 PM »
It’s buying time.

Which is very different to good news. As it stands we're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Good news would be "Villa have paid all due debts without resorting to borrowing or selling/mortgaging any assets"
Agree, it’s desperate. It is what happens under these circumstances, Xia will be doing everything to avoid Administration as his investment will be toast..

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2018, 05:35:08 PM »
It’s buying time.

It's better news than "Villa haven't a pot to piss in to begin paying off their tax bill and a winding-up order has been issued."

None of it is good news, I'll give you that, but I for one want to see the Club survive whatever happens, I'd rather we did what we could to stay where we are and didn't just throw our hands up in the air and say 'what's the use anyway?' as if the end of Aston Villa has always been inevitable.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2018, 05:36:19 PM »
I wonder if there’s anything in this American who’s reported to be interested in buying us?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2018, 05:36:48 PM »
I'm not clicking a link to that dirty fucking rag whatever the story.

Coming from someone who would rather see the club finished for good than try to survive. At least you've laid out your priorities here.

If he doesn't want to click on a paper's link, what's the problem?

Thanks, that's very kind of you. As for being daft, that's merely your opinion; which I'll treat with the contempt it deserves.

Spout hate?! Where have I done that?! If you mean my comment about the Scum, given their track record I'm justified.

I'm surprised that even you would try to get on your high horse in defending that spiteful rag.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2018, 05:36:59 PM »
It’s buying time.

It's better news than "Villa haven't a pot to piss in to begin paying off their tax bill and a winding-up order has been issued."

None of it is good news, I'll give you that, but I for one want to see the Club survive whatever happens, I'd rather we did what we could to stay where we are and didn't just throw our hands up in the air and say 'what's the use anyway?' as if the end of Aston Villa has always been inevitable.

Well said.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2018, 05:37:38 PM »
I wonder if there’s anything in this American who’s reported to be interested in buying us?

Absolutely not. Nothing good ever happens to us any more, and hope is a lie.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2018, 05:37:39 PM »
So would I, but spunking some/most of our income for next season two months before it even starts isn't good news. If anything it highlights just how bad things are if we have to resort to that to pay bills for a month or two.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:40:22 PM by PeterWithesShin »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal