collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 08:33:49 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:31:36 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by ldavfc4eva
[Today at 08:30:59 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 08:30:46 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:27:52 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 08:27:07 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:23:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92473 times)

Online dalians umbrella

Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »
Link removed and article posted below.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:21:50 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »
I'm not clicking a link to that dirty fucking rag whatever the story.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2018, 05:06:08 PM »

Coming from someone who would rather see the club finished for good than try to survive. At least you've laid out your priorities here.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2018, 05:08:43 PM »

Coming from someone who would rather see the club finished for good than try to survive. At least you've laid out your priorities here.

Oh do piss off.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »
Need to keep hold of Villa Park at all costs. Maybe fans could buy it

Ive seen a load of stuff about fans buying the club which I dont agree with.But I absolutely would put in for a floated company Villa Park Ltd which could rent the ground back to the club. £200 per share, no more than 10 shares per person, must have a booking history.

Was made an asset of the community by the trust back in January, so at least we would know before it was sold

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »

If he doesn't want to click on a paper's link, what's the problem?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2018, 05:18:49 PM »

I think that is a little unfair, he like all of us are suffering with this.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2018, 05:19:47 PM »
For those who don’t to read it, it doesn’t make good reading anyway.
We have a made a down payment of 500k against the 4.2m we actually owes with more to come next week.

It really looks like we are scrabbling down the back of the sofa for any loose change.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2018, 05:20:32 PM »

If he doesn't want to click on a paper's link, what's the problem?

He can do what he likes, or doesn't like, and I can point out when it's really a bit daft. First bit of potential good news being reported all week and instead he wants to spout hate and tell the world he'd rather Villa were sunk for good. Bizarre.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »

As it stands i'm more inclined to believe Stan's assumption that Wyness is the main guilty party rather than The Mirror's piece which was seemingly written by Wyness himself putting all blame on Xia

But who knows. Wyness has certainly got his side across quick via Nursery though

Sorry but that doesn’t stack up. The problems  have been caused by the owner not supplying the necessary cashflow. In those circumstances, directors are legally obliged to act in the best interests of the company, NOT one individual. Faced with a winding up order, Wyness has done the right thing by exploring all eventualities.

What if said owner had no idea how bad the situation had become because said CEO (who's job it is to run the club day to day) hadn't been telling him the hard facts ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2018, 05:21:27 PM »
I've taken a bullet for everyone and here is the article from The Scum 'newspaper', i'll also delete the link from above.

ASTON VILLA have averted their first crisis after reaching an agreement with HMRC over their outstanding £4.2million tax bill.

ScumSport can reveal Villa have made a substantial down-payment of £500,000 today and will follow that up with further payments next week.

The move comes after Villa’s executive board met today to discuss the club’s perilous financial position.

It is understood Villa owner Dr Tony Xia, currently in Beijing, has agreed a deal with the Premier League to dip heavily into this season’s £15million parachute payment.

He will use more of that cash to pay an imminent £8million wage bill due later this month.

It was reported yesterday that Villa suspended their CEO Keith Wyness after the club was served a winding up order for missing a tax payment.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »
He can do what he likes, or doesn't like, and I can point out when it's really a bit daft. First bit of potential good news being reported all week and instead he wants to spout hate and tell the world he'd rather Villa were sunk for good. Bizarre.

I'm not sure it's good news really.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2018, 05:23:13 PM »
So we've agreed to pay 500k now and plan to use our final parachute payment to pay off HMRC, this month's wage bill with a bit left over towards July.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2018, 05:23:18 PM »

As it stands i'm more inclined to believe Stan's assumption that Wyness is the main guilty party rather than The Mirror's piece which was seemingly written by Wyness himself putting all blame on Xia

But who knows. Wyness has certainly got his side across quick via Nursery though

Sorry but that doesn’t stack up. The problems  have been caused by the owner not supplying the necessary cashflow. In those circumstances, directors are legally obliged to act in the best interests of the company, NOT one individual. Faced with a winding up order, Wyness has done the right thing by exploring all eventualities.

What if said owner had no idea how bad the situation had become because said CEO (who's job it is to run the club day to day) hadn't been telling him the hard facts ?
It would be hard to imagine an owner and businessman being that remote from the numbers.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2018, 05:23:41 PM »

I'm not sure it's good news really.

You'd rather administration?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal