collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:50:34 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:47:16 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:40:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by PeterWithe
[Today at 10:38:05 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 10:31:27 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92508 times)

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2018, 04:01:49 PM »
Yes, sounds like a good idea.  Maybe change the thread title to "Factory of Sadness" though?! :)

That's Copyright Cleveland Browns though, and I don't think Villa can afford the royalties at the moment.

I'm still trying to decide which franchise I pull for is in worse shape.  The Browns have won a grand total of one game in 2 years, but Villa is on the verge of bankruptcy.  I guess the Browns can be thankful they don't have relegation in the NFL.

At least you have the Cavs, ED!

For another 3 days anyway.  Then they'll be swept, Lebron will be gone, we'll have the highest payroll of any team that can't make the playoffs, and a severe lack of draft picks for a couple of years.  But yeah, at least they can't get relegated either!

Let's just hope that tonight they do to GS what they did to the Celtics. Going to be tough, mind.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 04:15:32 PM »
I speak for myself with this, and very selfishly, to say I'd rather we went bust, kaput and gone completely.

i'd be proud of the history, sorry about what's happened but glad and relieved I have to go through no more.

Then I'd start to support Hallam FC, the closest non-league team to me and my children would probably opt for Sheffield United as their local team (the closest team in any league or non-league etc). It would be release from this shite forever.

I hate modern football but at the same time I'm addicted to it, this would be the only way to wean myself.

Sorry, I can't agree with that at all.  I'll continue to support them whatever their circumstances and whichever division they are in.     

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2018, 04:16:04 PM »
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and we find Bodymoor and Villa Park have been quietly transferred to other Recon vehicles and the club is just a loss-making football operation which has just hit its debt ceiling against future income.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2018, 04:17:11 PM »
I just cannot conceive of a situation where Aston Villa don’t exist. It’s absolutely crushing.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2018, 04:17:16 PM »
Clubs the size of the Villa don't go to the wall but we could be left to stew  for a consideration time, first of all if we do go into administration with an automatic 12 month point deduction or even worse forced relegation. 

Bruce almost certainly will walk if not pushed, our squad depleted, so even if we escape sanctions our ability to compete in the next season or so will be restricted. 

The telling thing that we are in serious trouble is that the club has consulted with Trevor Birch a leading consultant in money matters such as this.  Why oh why did Villa ever agree to meet Tony Xia.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »

As it stands i'm more inclined to believe Stan's assumption that Wyness is the main guilty party rather than The Mirror's piece which was seemingly written by Wyness himself putting all blame on Xia

But who knows. Wyness has certainly got his side across quick via Nursery though

Sorry but that doesn’t stack up. The problems  have been caused by the owner not supplying the necessary cashflow. In those circumstances, directors are legally obliged to act in the best interests of the company, NOT one individual. Faced with a winding up order, Wyness has done the right thing by exploring all eventualities.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2018, 04:29:04 PM »
I speak for myself with this, and very selfishly, to say I'd rather we went bust, kaput and gone completely.

i'd be proud of the history, sorry about what's happened but glad and relieved I have to go through no more.

Then I'd start to support Hallam FC, the closest non-league team to me and my children would probably opt for Sheffield United as their local team (the closest team in any league or non-league etc). It would be release from this shite forever.

I hate modern football but at the same time I'm addicted to it, this would be the only way to wean myself.

Sorry, I can't agree with that at all.  I'll continue to support them whatever their circumstances and whichever division they are in.   

That's why I was clear it was just for me.

And I'll support the Villa for as long as the club exists; it's the longest devoted relationship I'll ever have.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »
clubs don't just disappear out of existence even if they are wound up
Rangers, Wimbledon, Acrington and a load of others all still exist in some form or other

if the worst does come,  a club the size of Villa will always reform and keep playing football even if we have to start again from the bottom
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:36:29 PM by john e »

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2018, 04:39:32 PM »
clubs don't just disappear out of existence even if they are wound up
Rangers, Wimbledon, Acrington and a load of others all still exist in some form or other

if the worst does come,  a club the size of Villa will always reform and keep playing football even if we have to start again from the bottom

Hopefully we can mimic Parma, Rangers etc. and make it back.

Online waringpongo

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2018, 04:44:53 PM »
Need to keep hold of Villa Park at all costs. Maybe fans could buy it

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »
I'm on the verge of tears here.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2018, 04:45:11 PM »
If Hinckley can end up with 2 phoenix type clubs following their demise i'm pretty sure there'll be a Villa of some sort in existence even if the worst happened. Which it won't, clubs the size of Villa don't go out of business, we may end up in div 3 or spend longer outside the top than we ever have but we aren't going to just vanish no matter how bad our finances currently are.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2018, 04:45:56 PM »
In the nuclear scenario, I could stomach the Villa starting all over again but losing Villa Park would be the ultimate sickener.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
Fucking Hell, at least Parma and Rangers won something, we've just had two crappy finishes in the second tier.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »
Need to keep hold of Villa Park at all costs. Maybe fans could buy it

Ive seen a load of stuff about fans buying the club which I dont agree with.But I absolutely would put in for a floated company Villa Park Ltd which could rent the ground back to the club. £200 per share, no more than 10 shares per person, must have a booking history.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal