collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320710 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #750 on: June 12, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »
Wasn't Simon Jordan responsible/to blame for the Specials reforming?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #751 on: June 12, 2018, 02:38:31 PM »
I can’t work Simon Jordan out. On one hand he’s very pro-Villa and on social media he regularly slags our rivals off. On the other hand I wonder why he does it. He’s wealthy but does he have the kind of wealth that would enable him to become involved at Villa? Or is he another chancer, a vulture circling a carcass ready to snap us up for a pittance if the unthinkable happens?

He was pretty high profile at Palace but he strikes me as a chancer with his eye on the next opportunity.

Jordan's Wikipedia page makes interesting reading, regarding his time at Crystal Palace.  Cash flow problems and administration, but also securing the future of the club by arranging the purchase of the ground from the previous chairman.   Amongst the highlights are overseeing Steve Bruce's 'resignation' which ended up in court

Strange how the cash stopped right around the play off final defeat though.....amazing how the government let the money come through for the last 2 years. Maybe there was enough for funding of the gamble, when we got defeated the gambler stopped chasing his losses?

There were reports, albeit seemingly leaked by Wyness, that the working capital injected by Xia had been late or not turned up at all throughout last season. The factoring to that Australian Bank of the final payments for the Amarvi and Sanchez transfers in January would seem to suggest that cashflow has been a problem since at least then.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #752 on: June 12, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »
If Axia doesn’t have any money we will surely be granted some leeway with regards to financial penalties etc? I mean it is the responsibility of the FA to ensure that owners are ‘fit and proper’ after all?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #753 on: June 12, 2018, 04:24:53 PM »
If Axia doesn’t have any money we will surely be granted some leeway with regards to financial penalties etc? I mean it is the responsibility of the FA to ensure that owners are ‘fit and proper’ after all?

You can take a horse to water etc.  They checked him out and made sure he had funds for the following season but that was on the basis of funding the running of the club, not on going out on a shopping spree that we could not afford (as it has turned out).

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #754 on: June 12, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »
Still no proper, meaningful statement then?

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #755 on: June 12, 2018, 08:56:00 PM »
Still no proper, meaningful statement then?
[/quote

No and I don’t think there will be one

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #756 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »
Nice one Tony......in keeping the fans well informed, not! An absolute disgrace. Just sell-up and go!

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #757 on: June 12, 2018, 10:24:40 PM »
Whatever he says does it really matter?

Nothing would appease the fans, everything would be second guessed. He has no respect here anymore. If it wasn't so important he'd be a laughing stock.

The phoney needs to disappear but I can't see anyone coming in for us anytime soon so we are stuck with a gambler with no idea and his yes men. Oh and Steve Round and his football phillosophy, whatever the fuck that means.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #758 on: June 12, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »

Nothing would appease the fans, everything would be second guessed. He has no respect here anymore. If it wasn't so important he'd be a laughing stock.

The phoney needs to disappear but I can't see anyone coming in for us anytime soon so we are stuck with a gambler with no idea and his yes men. Oh and Steve Round and his football phillosophy, whatever the fuck that means.

It matters greatly AJ.  I want to know if we are looking for another Manager, will we have a budget to strengthen the side, is the ambition promotion or top ten, or survival.  I want to know if the club is being restructured, are people's jobs safe, is Xia selling the club or looking for major/minor investment, what is the plan, should we be as worried as the press would have us believe?   I agree that he has little to no credit left but showing some leadership might regain him some.  Is he reviewing Round's position?  So many questions but so little leadership.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:38:35 PM by Newby »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #759 on: June 12, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »
 John Percy
12 JUNE 2018 • 10:30PM
Aston Villa are set for talks with the Football League next week as fears grow over the Championship club's finances.

Shaun Harvey, the EFL’s chief executive, is scheduled to meet with Villa officials in a bid to discover the club’s future plans following failure to win promotion to the Premier League.

Villa have been struggling with financial difficulties due to the cash-flow issues of Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia, with the club also being sued for constructive dismissal by former chief executive Keith Wyness.

Last month Xia was late paying a tax bill and with the club already under huge pressure to fall in line with Financial Fair Play rules, the EFL has contacted Villa to set up a meeting.

It is understood Harvey will request a broad business plan for next season and proof the club can fulfil its financial obligations.

Villa are aiming to slash their wage bill and bring it down to around £30m and held a board meeting on Tuesday as they mapped out their summer strategy.

Steve Bruce manager of Aston Villa talks to Dr Tony Xia chairman of Aston Villa during a training session at the club's training ground at The Recon Training Complex on May 11, 2018 in Birmingham, England
Chairman Dr Tony Xia (right) and Aston Villa are in worrying times CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
Steve Bruce, the manager, was not present at the meeting, but it is understood the financial ramifications for staying in the Championship were relayed to technical director Steve Round. Xia remains reluctant to sell up, yet there are fears he will have to cash in on at least two top players, such as Jack Grealish and James Chester.

Villa have confirmed the departure of Wyness, who has launched legal action against the club.

Wyness is suing for constructive dismissal in a claim which could cost Villa up to £6m, as revealed by Telegraph Sport.

Villa’s statement read: “Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that Keith Wyness has now left the club. The club notes the media speculation relating to Keith’s departure and prospective legal proceedings.

“The club will be happy to defend legal proceedings if called on to do so and does not propose to comment further at this time.”

Meanwhile, Villa defender Alan Hutton is in talks with Nottingham Forest. Hutton, the former Scotland international, will be a free agent next month and has been offered a two-year deal by Forest manager Aitor Karanka.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #760 on: June 12, 2018, 10:51:59 PM »
Is Mr Harvey planning to meet with the owners of other clubs too as I understand that there are several in the same pot as Villa?  I think Percy is making things up here unless this is standard practice after a play off loss.   

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #761 on: June 12, 2018, 11:27:01 PM »
Is Harvey going to review their fit and proper ownership that passed Xia in the first place ?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #762 on: June 12, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »

It matters greatly AJ.  I want to know if we are looking for another Manager, will we have a budget to strengthen the side, is the ambition promotion or top ten, or survival.  I want to know if the club is being restructured, are people's jobs safe, is Xia selling the club or looking for major/minor investment, what is the plan, should we be as worried as the press would have us believe?   I agree that he has little to no credit left but showing some leadership might regain him some.  Is he reviewing Round's position?  So many questions but so little leadership.

If he comes out and says everything if fine it's all under control wouldn't you just think it's more bullshit?

What happened to plan B? You know when they were questioned on consequences and assured everyone it was all in hand.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #763 on: June 12, 2018, 11:43:56 PM »
The good news just keeps on coming hey. This EFL guy has overseen 3 administrations.
Fear things will get much much worse for us before they can get better.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #764 on: June 13, 2018, 12:21:21 AM »
Percy is speculating and painting as shit a picture as possible...I thought he liked us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal