collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320759 times)

Offline Holte132

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #735 on: June 12, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
The Chinese authorities haven't prevented him from taking his money out of the country.

Oh. I thought I'd read that there was now a limit on how much money could be moved from China. Was that a false rumour?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #736 on: June 12, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »
I know Steve Bruce has never been popular with a lot of people but how can anybody be so blinkered as to blame him and still trust a man (who, like Bruce, many of us have been wary of) who has taken the club to a real threat of administration and face selling the only good/decent players they have to survive a few more seasons outside the Big League?

This is a man who ludicrously made the claim we would be playing Champions League football and challenging to be one of the biggest clubs in Europe within 5 or 6 years.

Offline liam

« Reply #737 on: June 12, 2018, 11:35:35 AM »
Puts a new statement up and the website can't handle the traffic to read it....

Offline Holte132

« Reply #738 on: June 12, 2018, 11:37:06 AM »
The Chinese authorities haven't prevented him from taking his money out of the country.

Oh. I thought I'd read that there was now a limit on how much money could be moved from China. Was that a false rumour?

This is what I read - it's a post by Tuscans last Wednesday:

We never really knew about the reality of the Docs wealth but I read 3 articles about moving money out of China all saying the same, "China law forbids anyone from sending out of China more than USD$50,000 in any given year without government approval".

Offline liam

« Reply #739 on: June 12, 2018, 11:40:08 AM »
Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that Keith Wyness has now left the Club.
The Club notes the media speculation relating to Keith’s departure and prospective legal proceedings.
The Club will be happy to defend legal proceedings if called on to do so and does not propose to comment further at this time.

Offline liam

« Reply #740 on: June 12, 2018, 11:46:49 AM »
Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that Keith Wyness has now left the Club.
The Club notes the media speculation relating to Keith’s departure and prospective legal proceedings.
The Club will be happy to defend legal proceedings if called on to do so and does not propose to comment further at this time.

Noticed this is in the Keith Wyness thread so please ignore.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #741 on: June 12, 2018, 11:48:25 AM »
Simon Jordan talking very eloquently about the mess at Villa. He's suggesting things aren't as bad as the media make out in respect to the tax bills and finding money. He thinks it will all be quite easy for a club like Villa to sort all this out.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #742 on: June 12, 2018, 11:59:27 AM »
Simon Jordan talking a lot of sense on Talk Sport this morning, giving some perspective on the situation.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #743 on: June 12, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
Simon Jordan talking very eloquently about the mess at Villa. He's suggesting things aren't as bad as the media make out in respect to the tax bills and finding money. He thinks it will all be quite easy for a club like Villa to sort all this out.

Changed his tune from last week then. Wasn’t paying fears down last week

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #744 on: June 12, 2018, 12:18:09 PM »
I can’t work Simon Jordan out. On one hand he’s very pro-Villa and on social media he regularly slags our rivals off. On the other hand I wonder why he does it. He’s wealthy but does he have the kind of wealth that would enable him to become involved at Villa? Or is he another chancer, a vulture circling a carcass ready to snap us up for a pittance if the unthinkable happens?

He was pretty high profile at Palace but he strikes me as a chancer with his eye on the next opportunity.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #745 on: June 12, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »
'How much Xia is actually worth is a matter of debate and tied in with the question of why he is no longer bankrolling Villa. A key reason put forward is that the Chinese government has clamped down on capital flight, where investors send their money out of the country...'

This from last week. So is the lack of money from Xia his fault, or the fault of the Chinese government? I do need to be able to convince my daughter - she's always managed to tie me up in knots in any discussion and I want to be clear about this!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #746 on: June 12, 2018, 12:38:12 PM »
I don’t profess to having any itk here, but I do sit next to a guy at work from a Chinese background who has been talking about the Chinese govt limitations on capital outflows from China for months. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that this may in some part the reason why the money has dried up. But then again, I wouldn’t exactly be surprised either if it transpired that tony doesn’t have the cash that he claimed to have when he did the takeover. We’ll see, I suppose.

Offline Blagg

« Reply #747 on: June 12, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
I can’t work Simon Jordan out. On one hand he’s very pro-Villa and on social media he regularly slags our rivals off. On the other hand I wonder why he does it. He’s wealthy but does he have the kind of wealth that would enable him to become involved at Villa? Or is he another chancer, a vulture circling a carcass ready to snap us up for a pittance if the unthinkable happens?

He was pretty high profile at Palace but he strikes me as a chancer with his eye on the next opportunity.

Jordan's Wikipedia page makes interesting reading, regarding his time at Crystal Palace.  Cash flow problems and administration, but also securing the future of the club by arranging the purchase of the ground from the previous chairman.   Amongst the highlights are overseeing Steve Bruce's 'resignation' which ended up in court

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #748 on: June 12, 2018, 01:00:57 PM »
If you get chance, read Jordan's book, its a very good read

Offline liam

« Reply #749 on: June 12, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »

Jordan's Wikipedia page makes interesting reading, regarding his time at Crystal Palace.  Cash flow problems and administration, but also securing the future of the club by arranging the purchase of the ground from the previous chairman.   Amongst the highlights are overseeing Steve Bruce's 'resignation' which ended up in court

Strange how the cash stopped right around the play off final defeat though.....amazing how the government let the money come through for the last 2 years. Maybe there was enough for funding of the gamble, when we got defeated the gambler stopped chasing his losses?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal