collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by RichardBatchelor
[Today at 07:40:42 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by amfy
[Today at 07:14:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Financial fair play  (Read 219764 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Financial fair play
« Reply #795 on: February 20, 2019, 08:42:56 PM »
It obviously doesn't say anything about "covering January".  They've injected some more capital, that's all.
Exactly, it says that we have owners that are making sure we don’t have cash flow problems.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #796 on: February 20, 2019, 08:44:13 PM »

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #797 on: February 20, 2019, 08:57:14 PM »
I'm dreading the accounts coming out later this month, cant see past more bad news to go with the cluster fuck of a season we've ended up having.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #798 on: February 20, 2019, 10:23:17 PM »
We lose parachute payments this summer don't we so you to balance that out with losing some more high earners and possibly selling a crown jewel like Jack.

What I don't understand is why we just didn't sell Jack last summer. Yes Spurs weren't paying our valuation but it's still something to avert a potential FFP sanction.

Would be disappointed in the new lot if we get hit with any sort of points deduction (we can barely challenge for top 6 starting on 0 points). We had a massive warning last summer which we were lucky to get away with.
Why should we sell him for less than his worth? Especially if the club understands that we didn’t ‘need’ to at that time.
I’m glad we told spurs to fuck off.

If we ‘must’ sell him in the future, and I’m resigned to the fact we do, then at least his true worth to Aston Villa is covered by a minimum valuation in his contract, hopefully.

Probably around the period we were trying to pay our tax bills in instalments and  cashing in on our sell on clauses for players we sold in 2016.

I agree things changed when Wes and Nas turned up. Let's hope they're owners who have properly looked at the long term rather than just paying lip service to it.

From what i understand Spurs never actually made an offer during that time, instead holding off until much later in the window in an attempt to push the price down and make us desperate. The new owners coming in and fixing the cashflow issues meant we could give them a "£40m or fuck off" style ultimatum so there was never really an offer to accept.

I have no doubt they were low balling. Ultimately though Jack thought Hull first game was going to be his last game for us so we must've been close to accepting whatever they were offering for him to have that impression.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #799 on: February 20, 2019, 10:25:21 PM »
Or he was under the impression they were going to make a sensible offer and we'd have to accept it as we were fecked. They never did and we didn't end up having to sell any way.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #800 on: February 21, 2019, 12:28:00 AM »
Does that injection of new capital dilute Xia's stake further?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #801 on: February 21, 2019, 12:40:59 AM »
I don't think he has a stake anymore.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #802 on: February 21, 2019, 07:35:37 AM »
I would guess that the Accounts will show a loss of £20+ million, until we realise that we have to operate as a championship club, paying championship wages, we will never sort out the mess we are in with regards to expenditure.

Offline LowerNorthStand

« Reply #803 on: February 23, 2019, 05:28:59 AM »
I would guess that the Accounts will show a loss of £20+ million, until we realise that we have to operate as a championship club, paying championship wages, we will never sort out the mess we are in with regards to expenditure.

I agree. I fear its too late now. I wish they would have focused on balancing the books more.

I dont like the silence from the club on the end of season plans if we dont get promoted.

Do the fans union groups ask the club about this in the meetings they have?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:32:01 AM by LowerNorthStand »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #804 on: February 23, 2019, 07:59:18 AM »
There are minutes posted here if you have a look at the right thread mate.  I'm not sure which one it is but I'm sure Dave or Mr Shin et al will point you in the right direction.  The questions are asked but I don't suppose the club can ever be completely sure of the answer.  For arguments sake, it does not look right now that we will hit the play off's.  But, what if.......

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #805 on: February 23, 2019, 10:42:26 AM »
It's damned if they do in some quarters. If they say nothing they're wrong and if they say promotion isn't vital they don't care.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #806 on: February 23, 2019, 11:37:00 AM »
Last summer was a capital issue as Dr Tony had maxed out the credit card.

Shaun Harvey is going. We've probably bought the new CEO or donated an airport to the EFL or something.

The new CEO will have a lovely brand new pair of Adidas Adastripe trainers waiting for him or her on their desk when they arrive.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #807 on: February 23, 2019, 02:49:50 PM »
It's damned if they do in some quarters. If they say nothing they're wrong and if they say promotion isn't vital they don't care.

"Vital"? Not quite what what they said.

They said they weren't "expecting" this manager and team to get promoted.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #808 on: February 23, 2019, 02:56:36 PM »

Purslow said it wasn't imperative because they wanted to build something concrete for the future. We've all being crying out for a long term approach to things versus a quick fix that falls apart. Why are you constantly spinning the negative?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #809 on: February 23, 2019, 03:00:11 PM »

You're starting to get a bit boring now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal