collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 211067 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #585 on: July 09, 2018, 03:41:43 PM »
It is and dont get me wrong i love the colours - but our kits are claret shirts with blue sleeves. You dont see Arsenal wearing all red except for the commemorative kit. Spurs had that white shirt with navy sleeves about ten years and their fans hated it. Liverpool, Man United, even a lot of international teams, they might mess around with bits of trim or whatever but they dont stray from their basic designs.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #586 on: July 09, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »
Here's a humdinger for you. The Home kit is being touted at £50 but when I go through to pay in Euro it's €75. Not including the €9 shipping across the Irish Sea.

Current exchange rate makes £50 = €56.

WTF? That's just robbery.

I was actually going to buy a current kit for once but not at those prices. I'll just save my money for match tickets, thanks very much.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:45:10 PM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #587 on: July 09, 2018, 03:43:35 PM »
West Ham occasionally stray from blue sleeves too - like this season and also about 3 years before- and they moan about it too. Yes people will still buy it but isnt that just to keep up with the fashion?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #588 on: July 09, 2018, 03:56:32 PM »
It is and dont get me wrong i love the colours - but our kits are claret shirts with blue sleeves. You dont see Arsenal wearing all red except for the commemorative kit. Spurs had that white shirt with navy sleeves about ten years and their fans hated it. Liverpool, Man United, even a lot of international teams, they might mess around with bits of trim or whatever but they dont stray from their basic designs.

was there this much fuss the last time we didn't have blue sleeves? i genuinely don't recall and i'm sure nobody really cared.

all Villa home kits should contain claret, blue, white and at a push a bit of yellow if absolutely necessary IMHO. and it does

so i'm happy. the fact the design is beautiful helps as well of course. i've already been hit for four of them as the nephew wants both as well. that's a first

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #589 on: July 09, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »

Well I think it’s fantastic!

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #590 on: July 09, 2018, 04:03:27 PM »
Take my £100

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #591 on: July 09, 2018, 04:03:33 PM »

was there this much fuss the last time we didn't have blue sleeves? i genuinely don't recall and i'm sure nobody really cared.

all Villa home kits should contain claret, blue, white and at a push a bit of yellow if absolutely necessary IMHO. and it does

so i'm happy. the fact the design is beautiful helps as well of course. i've already been hit for four of them as the nephew wants both as well. that's a first

I've known revolutions called when we didn't have blue sleeves.

Offline Tuscans

« Reply #592 on: July 09, 2018, 04:12:18 PM »
Plenty of the mid 80's kits never had blue sleeves, pretty sure he's modelled this one on them. I bet fans didn't know what to do with themselves without the www to air their anger back then.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 04:15:01 PM by Tuscans »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #593 on: July 09, 2018, 04:13:37 PM »
Plenty of the mid 80's kits never had blue sleeves. I bet fans didn't know what to do with themselves without the www to air their anger back then.

Indeed.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #594 on: July 09, 2018, 04:17:23 PM »

I've known revolutions called when we didn't have blue sleeves.

Bloody right as well.... as nice as they are, the home kit should have blue sleeves. Its like Celtic playing in green with white piping on the cuffs. It’s not just claret and blue. It’s claret body with blue sleeves.

Why is that so difficult?

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #595 on: July 09, 2018, 04:18:40 PM »
I bet fans didn't know what to do with themselves without the www to air their anger back then.

Didn’t you ever read the Argus letters page?

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #596 on: July 09, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »
Is there a particular reason they're charging €75 for the home shirt?

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #597 on: July 09, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »
Just wish I could get a longsleeve..

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #598 on: July 09, 2018, 04:20:58 PM »
Plenty of the mid 80's kits never had blue sleeves, pretty sure he's modelled this one on them. I bet fans didn't know what to do with themselves without the www to air their anger back then.

I'd imagine the 15,000 who could be bothered to turn up just grumbled and wrote the odd letter to the Mail.

Don't really see the point of your argument, though.

People shouldn't express negative opinions on the internet?

Offline Tuscans

« Reply #599 on: July 09, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »
I bet fans didn't know what to do with themselves without the www to air their anger back then.

Didn’t you ever read the Argus letters page?
Ha Ha, good'un.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal