collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 211124 times)

Offline Duncan Shaw

Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #495 on: July 09, 2018, 10:50:16 AM »
Yes to me it's the "Didier Six" shirt.

It would have looked really good with Blue sleeves and like Dave, I'm staggered that a Villa fan designer would have overlooked this basic foundation of the design, especially when he seems to have taken so much care over getting the claret right.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #496 on: July 09, 2018, 10:50:26 AM »
Can’t see they’ve been released but they flipping want to be white shorts and blue socks.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #497 on: July 09, 2018, 10:51:21 AM »
Can’t see they’ve been released but they flipping want to be white shirts and blue socks.

They're on the site. Blue or white, socks and shorts

Offline exigo

« Reply #498 on: July 09, 2018, 10:51:51 AM »
Screw "we wanted to take back control for the fans", how about designing something that looks like a Villa home shirt? Hate the stripes, and that colour – certainly on screen – just doesn't look right. It's a poor pastiche of the 83 shirt, which isn't exactly a season to set the pulse racing.

The away shirt looks half decent.

Offline PROVERBS1966

• Proverbs
« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »

No. It's brilliant.

We're not all dead set on having blue sleeves after all. Just like i'm not dead set on having stripes or not having stripes. I don't see what's not to like personally.

But each to their own. Like any kit, or piece of clothing it's down to personal choice. I predict a big seller. Just as well.

There's a big difference between a Villa kit having or not having blue sleeves and the appearance or otherwise of stripes. We play in claret and blue. Part of the blue is traditionally the sleeves and I'm surprised that a designer whose chief selling points is that he's a Villa supporter didn't realise that.
Agree with Dave completely, just like the name of the ground being sacred so in my opinion are our colours and strip. How low do we have to go with this debacle. I though the designer being a Villa fan would have maintained the base design of our beloved strip and colours. It may as well have been designed by Henson.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #500 on: July 09, 2018, 10:53:26 AM »

No. It's brilliant.

We're not all dead set on having blue sleeves after all. Just like i'm not dead set on having stripes or not having stripes. I don't see what's not to like personally.

But each to their own. Like any kit, or piece of clothing it's down to personal choice. I predict a big seller. Just as well.

There's a big difference between a Villa kit having or not having blue sleeves and the appearance or otherwise of stripes. We play in claret and blue. Part of the blue is traditionally the sleeves and I'm surprised that a designer whose chief selling points is that he's a Villa supporter didn't realise that.
Agree with Dave completely, just like the name of the ground being sacred so in my opinion are our colours and strip. How low do we have to go with this debacle. I though the designer being a Villa fan would have maintained the base design of our beloved strip and colours. It may as well have been designed by Henson.

ironically, the name of the ground is one thing I'm not that fussed over. I don't do rational.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #502 on: July 09, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »

Fair enough, but as a supporter of a similar vintage (i assume) it doesn't bother me at all. We've had non blue sleeves before and it didn't bother me then either. I'm just delighted (a) it looks claret (b) i love the retro design

I suspect this Luke bloke feels the same.

Offline VillaBoy_23

« Reply #503 on: July 09, 2018, 10:54:52 AM »
Both kits look very smart. Not having claret sleeves for one season is nothing to get upset about. We never did in the 57 final, 94 or 2000 to name a few and they were all proper Villa shirts.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2018, 10:55:49 AM »
Screw "we wanted to take back control for the fans", how about designing something that looks like a Villa home shirt? Hate the stripes, and that colour

Hate the colour ??? it's about the first time we've had a claret shirt in decades surely

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »
It's really not that hard, Home kit, Claret (thats Villa darker claret, Burnley have a similar claret but not the slightly florescent one West Ham wear) light blue sleeves, White shorts, light blue socks with claret and white trim.  Away kit ideally white shirt, light blue shorts and white or claret socks.  3rd kit do what you like.  Training kit do what you like.

Bingo.

Agreed. Which is exactly what i'm expecting to see on Monday morning.

See you’ve changed your tune then SLB.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2018, 10:58:23 AM »
Both kits look very smart. Not having claret sleeves for one season is nothing to get upset about. We never did in the 57 final, 94 or 2000 to name a few and they were all proper Villa shirts.

The 57 shirts were change strips. We had them as an away kit the next season, not a home kit. The 94 and 2000 shirts were abominations.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #507 on: July 09, 2018, 11:01:33 AM »
I think the design for the home shirt is a thing of beauty. Modern, sleek, claret (!). something about the sponsor logo seems a touch continental, which I suppose is quite sad considering the current plight of the club.

The only issue I have is with the rubberised badge. It looks like a keyring that someone got from a petrol pump.

Overall, love it. Can't wait to get one.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #508 on: July 09, 2018, 11:02:15 AM »
It's not even that claret. It's claret and red stripes.

Offline VillaBoy_23

« Reply #509 on: July 09, 2018, 11:03:02 AM »

The 57 shirts were change strips. We had them as an away kit the next season, not a home kit. The 94 and 2000 shirts were abominations.

Hence why I said final. It’s all down to personal preference. I grew up with that 90s team so have fond memories of those strips. Those who are a bit older remember the early 80s and want to play in replicas of those shirts until the end of time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal