collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheff Wednesday 2-4 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 28883 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Sheff Wednesday 2-4 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2018, 12:48:09 PM »
I have perfect recollection of the incident except that I'm not sure who the Villa player was, have no idea who the Wednesday player was, am not sure whether it was foul, can't be sure whether the Villa player got the ball and don't know how long had gone when it happened. What more do you want?

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »
From my angle I thought Terry could have been sent off. The only other decisions I remember the referee getting wrong were the blatant corner we were denied in the first half when the goalkeeper misjudged the ball and had to race back and tip it over, and the ludicrous non-booking of the thug that, literally, kicked Hutton out of the game.

One of them has actually written to the FA!

They might be the twattiest set of fans we have faced this season, pretty impressive considering we've already played Leeds, Millwall and Small Heath (twice). Bunch of moody twelve year olds shouting from behind the safety of a row of stewards.

I don't recall an incident when Terry should have been sent off?  Mind you I had my view obscured by a roof stanchion at times!

I think it was Terry. Their player looked to be through on goal and was brought down. Didn't look like he got the ball, though I haven't seen a replay. It was either two-one or two-all at the time, I forget.

Ah I remember - second half and their Oaf (number 17) went down and rolled about as then got up, received the ball and had a shot??  Didn't think it was a foul but what do I know??

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »
Most clubs in Yorkshire are shite. It’s a shite county.
A-hem!

You, Drummond, The Mal, outside now!  You Last of the Summer Wine, James 'Erriot and Boycs lovers!

Jameson will have you too.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #228 on: February 25, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »
I have perfect recollection of the incident except that I'm not sure who the Villa player was, have no idea who the Wednesday player was, am not sure whether it was foul, can't be sure whether the Villa player got the ball and don't know how long had gone when it happened. What more do you want?
Lol. 🍻🍻

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #229 on: February 25, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »

I don't know what i enjoyed more yesterday. The result or listening to their equivalent of the WM after match phone in (called 'praise or grumble' i shit thee not) on the journey home

Absolute clowns. The result was all down to the referee, even going as far as to claim he'd took a bung  ;D

But special praise to their fan that called in just to call Snodgrass a ****** on air ...  :)

I thought the performance itself was pretty poor all told, which seems odd when you score four away. But it was a mess for most of the match to my eyes, with very rare moments of quality creeping in unexpectedly amongst the chod.

A classic, in and out, how did we win that performance which was all that was required really.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2018, 12:51:40 PM »
He reffed it like a Premier League ref.
I think he got the no tip over the bar right.
I also think thier players got involved with the being hard done by, by the ref which led to thier capitulation in the last period of the game.
Let’s remember they were 2 1 up and pretty comfortable.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »

You weren’t the referee, and we won, so sod then!

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »
I hate to be endorsing regionalism but I have to agree with that. My experience says lovely place populated by horrible people.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2018, 12:55:17 PM »
It's pretty obvious that we are massive when we have clubs hundreds of miles away obsessing over our ownership. I don't think I could name the owner of a single club in the division other than us.

Vincent Tan will change the Cardiff kit to Pink to get your attention again.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »
You are Arsene Wenger?

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2018, 01:01:44 PM »
Im quite enjoying it, that clubs are starting to hate us again, instead of feeling sorry for us.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »
It's pretty obvious that we are massive when we have clubs hundreds of miles away obsessing over our ownership. I don't think I could name the owner of a single club in the division other than us.

I can.  The bloke that runs Blues is called Dong.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2018, 01:17:48 PM »
A-hem!

You, Drummond, The Mal, outside now!  You Last of the Summer Wine, James 'Erriot and Boycs lovers!

Jameson will have you too.

I was going to suggest we head to Northamptonshire to sort this out, realised I have no idea where it is or if it is even a real county.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2018, 01:21:26 PM »
Just watched the extended highlights.

Terry plays the ball in the incident where they claim he should have been sent off.
Snodgrass is pulled back for the foul that led to our 1st goal
The ball wasn't out in the build up that led to our 3rd goal

Looks like the match wasn't fixed after all.

The two things that have really stood out for me since we've played in the Championship are the poor standard of refs and the number of times you can get away unpunished for mistakes in the final third of the field because of poor finishing from the opposition. However, I don't think that I can recall a refereeing decision that has cost us points other than possibly the Lansbury sending off against Boro.

Wednesday will rightly feel upset that they didn't get anything out of the game and we rode our luck at times. Ultimately, they didn't get anything out of the game because of a mixture of poor finishing (a Championship trait) and misfortune. To blame the ref is just silly.

Anyway none of it matters much now. We have a vital 3 points from a game that we'd probably have settled for a point in prior to Whelan's goal and can now look forward to the next game with confidence on the back of netting 4 times.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2018, 01:35:21 PM »
Is him playing for Leeds the only reason they dont like Snodgrass?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal