collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 10:52:23 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:50:50 AM]

Ollie Watkins by danno
[Today at 10:45:22 AM]

Champions League Contention by Dave P
[Today at 10:31:00 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:29:27 AM]

Robin Olsen by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:28:09 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheff Wednesday 2-4 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 28875 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Sheff Wednesday 2-4 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2018, 11:52:32 AM »
From my angle I thought Terry could have been sent off. The only other decisions I remember the referee getting wrong were the blatant corner we were denied in the first half when the goalkeeper misjudged the ball and had to race back and tip it over, and the ludicrous non-booking of the thug that, literally, kicked Hutton out of the game.

One of them has actually written to the FA!

They might be the twattiest set of fans we have faced this season, pretty impressive considering we've already played Leeds, Millwall and Small Heath (twice). Bunch of moody twelve year olds shouting from behind the safety of a row of stewards.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
I remember once Graham Poll saying it would always be big news when you send off an England captain as John was at the time.

He's just one of those players you know will make headlines if you show him a red. Most refs would have second thoughts at it.

He could actually have been sent off in the week, PNE player was in on goal and Terry cyncially pulled him back which stopped him shooting. Got a yellow for it but could easily have been a red.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2018, 11:58:11 AM »
This seems to be their complaint:

"

Precisely.

Their first goal came from a free kick that wasn't.

Their second came on the back of a two footed challenge from behind on Reach that was deemed to be no foul.

Their third came from a corner that wasn't.

The fourth came from Snodgrass entering the box (running the ball over the line in the process) and hunting for contact before passing the ball and charging, head down, into the back of Pudil.

Not to mention the challenge on Atdhe when he was through on goal - albeit with work to do - and the foul on Boyd in the box.

Incompetence wouldn't explain the disparity. "

I have to say reading his take on the Snodgrass pen was amusing, that's one of the clearest fouls in the box you'll see all season. If that's how he interpreted the incidents I doubt there was much in the others!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »
You can see the Snodgrass penalty on telly or the internet. It's as blatant a penalty as you'll ever see. If they're so one-eyed as to try to imagine some reason why that shouldn't have counted, it invalidates the rest of their discourse.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »
That's quite a list of grievances. I'm surprised one of 'em decided to write to the FA - when the European Court of Human Rights would shirley have been more appropriate. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #215 on: February 25, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »
That's quite a list of grievances. I'm surprised one of 'em decided to write to the FA - when the European Court of Human Rights would shirley have been more appropriate.

No, something of this seriousness can only be adequately dealt with at a full war crimes tribunal at The Hague.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2018, 12:15:33 PM »

No, something of this seriousness can only be adequately dealt with at a full war crimes tribunal at The Hague.

John Terry grinning as security guards try and get the cyanide pill out of his mouth.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2018, 12:31:26 PM »
I had a read of their fans forum for a couple of weeks last January during the transfer window. Both teams were being linked with the same players (Hourihane & Rhodes) and I was keen to read of any updates. They were livid when we signed Hourihane and started blaming us for paying more than the going rate for him (which translates to him preferring to join us). They also seemed very aggrieved that we somehow had the audacity to expect them to pay Joe Bennett's wages if we re-loaned him to them. They also have some bizarre impression that Dr Tony is a madman akin to some kind of Bond Villain you see in movies. Finally, when we signed Hogan, it allowed them to sign Rhodes and they accused us of trying to derail the Rhodes deal for them because we were never interested in signing him.

I'm sure they do have some sensible members on the forum but based upon the (albeit small) portion of threads that I looked at, connected to the transfer window, I formed the opinion that the board was made up of a mixture of nutcases and 10 year olds. Their comments about match fixing yesterday only reinforces my opinion.

We did have a game recently where I thought that we got the rub of the green regarding refereeing decisions but I can't remember who it was against. Whoever it was, it was a long time coming. I saw nothing wrong with the ref yesterday although watching from behind the goal is not the best place to catch everything that goes on.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2018, 12:34:11 PM »
The best thing to do when other fans moan is to agree with them that yes, big clubs do get the decisions and yes, John Terry does referee the game and yes, if they were as big as us they'd get the same preferential treatment.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »
It's pretty obvious that we are massive when we have clubs hundreds of miles away obsessing over our ownership. I don't think I could name the owner of a single club in the division other than us.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »
I've met a few Owls fans in my time who struck me as a decent "grounded" bunch. A bit like most of our lot. But that "Owlstalk" forum seems to attract the full gammet of conspiracy theorist, tin foil hat wearing, everyone's got it in for us  bunch of twats. Apparently we only got the penalty because the powers that be want us back in the premier league and not because their player hit Snoddy with a body check worthy of any Superbowl final.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:41:12 PM by The Edge »

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2018, 12:41:00 PM »
From my angle I thought Terry could have been sent off. The only other decisions I remember the referee getting wrong were the blatant corner we were denied in the first half when the goalkeeper misjudged the ball and had to race back and tip it over, and the ludicrous non-booking of the thug that, literally, kicked Hutton out of the game.

They might be the twattiest set of fans we have faced this season, pretty impressive considering we've already played Leeds, Millwall and Small Heath (twice). Bunch of moody twelve year olds shouting from behind the safety of a row of stewards.

I don't recall an incident when Terry should have been sent off?  Mind you I had my view obscured by a roof stanchion at times!

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2018, 12:41:21 PM »
The best thing to do when other fans moan is to agree with them that yes, big clubs do get the decisions and yes, John Terry does referee the game and yes, if they were as big as us they'd get the same preferential treatment.

Not as big as us, Dave? I think you'll find that they're even more massive than the most massive thing you've ever encountered to date. And then you can stick a massive dollop of massive on top of that. They're bigger than SWEDEN, FFS!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2018, 12:43:18 PM »

I don't recall an incident when Terry should have been sent off?  Mind you I had my view obscured by a roof stanchion at times!

I think it was Terry. Their player looked to be through on goal and was brought down. Didn't look like he got the ball, though I haven't seen a replay. It was either two-one or two-all at the time, I forget.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »

I think it was Terry. Their player looked to be through on goal and was brought down. Didn't look like he got the ball, though I haven't seen a replay. It was either two-one or two-all at the time, I forget.
Thanks for clearing that up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal