collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 118947 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (Returned to Manyoo)
« Reply #570 on: August 04, 2021, 04:24:09 PM »
SB, you've been pretty goddamn on it today I must admit!

DW - okay sure, I exaggerated a bit. I do think Risso has a point however - the message this sends is that we've accepted our place in the world, in a slight Ronnie Corbettish way. I don't think this tells the likes of Ward-Prowse that Villa is the place to be.

I don't know or care enough to know about other squads, but how many others have a fourth-choice central defender of his quality?

What is his quality though? He was ok (when fit) in the championship. In the premier league he's never looked like he was there as anything more than cover. If he didn't have his injury record that might be enough but when you add the unreliable fitness it's hard to see it as anything other than a quick fix because the club are desperate for some sort of good news.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #571 on: August 04, 2021, 04:24:25 PM »
SB, you've been pretty goddamn on it today I must admit!

DW - okay sure, I exaggerated a bit. I do think Risso has a point however - the message this sends is that we've accepted our place in the world, in a slight Ronnie Corbettish way. I don't think this tells the likes of Ward-Prowse that Villa is the place to be.

I don't know or care enough to know about other squads, but how many others have a fourth-choice central defender of his quality?

I'd guess third-choice, no matter how harsh that might be on Hause, I just don't think he's coming here to be fourth choice. That is also what concerns me though - is he coming to start? Ahead of whom? At, lord help us, defensive midfield? Seems strange to me.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #572 on: August 04, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »
The way I see it is that Bogarde might be good enough this time next year so it does no harm to send him out to improve, then if he does well he replaces Axel.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #573 on: August 04, 2021, 04:31:22 PM »
The way I see it is that Bogarde might be good enough this time next year so it does no harm to send him out to improve, then if he does well he replaces Axel.

I agree with this part, I just don't think Tuanzebe is a particularly good choice to fill that gap. I'd prefer someone like Cahill if that's all we're looking for.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #574 on: August 04, 2021, 04:38:05 PM »
Someone a couple of pages back described him as bang average.  Sadly, I agree.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #575 on: August 04, 2021, 04:45:11 PM »

I agree with this part, I just don't think Tuanzebe is a particularly good choice to fill that gap. I'd prefer someone like Cahill if that's all we're looking for.

Maybe we asked and he wants to stay in London.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #576 on: August 04, 2021, 04:45:53 PM »
Give us another season you shit.

;D

Yeah, Jack, you shit!

Your two best posts in years in the space of a few minutes! (Doreen and the haddock - very evocative! I wonder how old the last baby to be named Doreen, is now...)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #577 on: August 04, 2021, 04:46:28 PM »
Dont see what's wrong with getting him onloan

We should be past the stage of getting in players on loan, well ok if it's Messi but paying Man Utd a third loan fee for Tuanzebe* screams small time

* I do like him as a player, mind.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #578 on: August 04, 2021, 04:52:18 PM »

I agree with this one, especially as United are offering him a new contract and protecting their investment.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #579 on: August 04, 2021, 04:55:17 PM »

Maybe we asked and he wants to stay in London.

Maybe, but there's other players of that profile I'd go with ahead of a 3rd loan for a player who, in my opinion, has never looked good enough to be in the top half of the premier league.

richtheholtender

« Reply #580 on: August 04, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »
I have no problem in Axel signing on loan. I do have issue with him signing on a new contract at United first. Its not rely showing an interest I'm actually joining us long term and also it's about time we got a potential bargain free transfer. He could still sign it at a later date but give us a fighting chance

Online robleflaneur

« Reply #581 on: August 04, 2021, 05:00:33 PM »
He's replacing Engels.Smith obviously doesn't feel that Dominic Revan ,Bridges  and others are ready for the PL.It literally buys a year's time and the young central defenders can go out on loan and we can  assess our options in a year's time.
It enables us to spend more in other areas.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #582 on: August 04, 2021, 05:13:07 PM »
The only caveat I have is his fitness so let the medics do their job.
Other than that it is a no brainer.
Next please

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #583 on: August 04, 2021, 05:14:31 PM »

That's That's way I see it too.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #584 on: August 04, 2021, 05:59:15 PM »

That's That's way I see it too.

Yep, we need decent squad players as well as first team starters.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal