collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 117970 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Axel Tuanzebe (Returned to Manyoo)
« Reply #465 on: July 06, 2019, 12:21:00 AM »
Would have been great to have him back with us next season...he made a good unit and gave us options alongside Mings and Hause, however I always thought Mings and Hause was the stronger CB pairing. He’ll be welcome back if things don’t work out at Man Utd.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #466 on: July 06, 2019, 12:38:05 AM »
Some Man U fans suspect he will not get ahead of Jones and Smalling, do they really know the talent they have?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #467 on: July 06, 2019, 12:41:42 AM »
I think he has the talent to play at a very high level.
Not the finished article and would love for us to have kept him.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #468 on: July 06, 2019, 12:44:04 AM »
I think he has the talent to play at a very high level.
Not the finished article and would love for us to have kept him.

Same here. I love how he brings the ball out from the back.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #469 on: July 06, 2019, 01:12:32 AM »
There is a world of difference between playing in the top six of the Championship to the top six of the Premier Division, and the Champions League.  He's a talent but he has flaws that need ironing out.  Was very good for us with an organiser next to him.  I hope he does well.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #470 on: July 06, 2019, 01:22:15 AM »
There is a world of difference between playing in the top six of the Championship to the top six of the Premier Division, and the Champions League.  He's a talent but he has flaws that need ironing out.  Was very good for us with an organiser next to him.  I hope he does well.

I agree with you. People are really romanticizing a short run in our team. He was injured more often than not during his 18 months on loan at Villa, impossible for anyone to say he's good enough now for United IMO. Notwithstanding the fact that their current CBs are shit, but they'll be looking to replace with a more proven and dependable option than Axel. I do hope he succeeds there but he's up against it. Would've been much better staying at our fine club or similar. As it is, he's made his choice.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #471 on: July 06, 2019, 01:27:54 AM »
If you want to see Romance I suggest you follow the Ming’s fan club.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #472 on: July 06, 2019, 01:35:36 AM »
If you want to see Romance I suggest you follow the Ming’s fan club.

Mings is a better player than Tuanzebe currently. Yes elements of our support are hysterical when it comes to him and I expect if/when he signs there will be some difficult landings while returning to earth, but the reality is he's a more finished product. Tuanzebe is decent and has potential to be better but he's not nearly as good as some are suggesting in my eyes.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2019, 08:42:27 AM »
Was it Axel that I saw a clip of during our ten match unbeaten run joining in and singing with the Holte at the end of a match? I think it was him anyway and thought to myself, for an on- loan player he really gets what we're all about.  See also Mings, Tyrone.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #474 on: July 06, 2019, 09:06:26 AM »
It was Axel after the brizzle game.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #475 on: July 06, 2019, 09:10:02 AM »
It was Axel after the brizzle game.

Thanks, must look that up again.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #476 on: July 06, 2019, 09:15:49 AM »
As an ex centre back myself and hopefully knowing what it takes, I just don't see him being that good.  He is quick but loses his man in the box too often and is header shy.  He was part of that atrocious defence that had us in 13th place before Mings got here and organised us properly.  Axel is a decent player but will be fourth choice, and found out at Man yoo. All about opinions I guess.

Agreed with you I'm afraid. Far too soft physically at the moment and also lacks defensive instincts. The ease in which he was turned for that "goal" at Leeds for one or how Grabban tore him a new one in the 5-5. Fine player on the ball with good recovery pace but I think he would be eaten alive in the top division.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #477 on: July 06, 2019, 09:41:06 AM »
Axel is one of the players I would have like to have seen come back. As long as he doesn't have too much bad luck with injuries, I think he'll go on to do really well.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #478 on: July 06, 2019, 11:46:31 AM »
Axel is one of the players I would have like to have seen come back. As long as he doesn't have too much bad luck with injuries, I think he'll go on to do really well.

Agree, good coaching, injury free and a run in the team, could make him a real star. Played well for us and gave his all. Good luck in the future Axel, whoever you play for. UTV

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #479 on: July 06, 2019, 11:57:13 AM »
As an ex centre back myself and hopefully knowing what it takes, I just don't see him being that good.  He is quick but loses his man in the box too often and is header shy.  He was part of that atrocious defence that had us in 13th place before Mings got here and organised us properly.  Axel is a decent player but will be fourth choice, and found out at Man yoo. All about opinions I guess.

Agreed with you I'm afraid. Far too soft physically at the moment and also lacks defensive instincts. The ease in which he was turned for that "goal" at Leeds for one or how Grabban tore him a new one in the 5-5. Fine player on the ball with good recovery pace but I think he would be eaten alive in the top division.

Shaky start but improved and was great when back from injury at the end

Not sure he is top 6 quality but I’d have him back at VP

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal