collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:36:41 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:36:41 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Skerra
[Today at 12:18:27 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by john2710
[Today at 12:11:45 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 117966 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan again)
« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2019, 05:28:59 PM »
Will Axel split up our two big fellas at the back?

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2019, 05:57:23 PM »
I not sure if Tuanzebe should come in at his preferred  centre half .
I really wasn't liking his defending in that 5th goal by Forest and Grabban . Really basic stuff and he struggled physically to contain Grabban and did not prevent the goal
I think he could add something as a DM however I wonder how well he can learn and adapt the role.
Right back could be a situation or a 3rd central defender (unlikely but maybe when preserving a lead and final 5 /10 mins.
Tuanzebe adds another dimension and I think on the ball he's decent for this level as a central defender bringing ball out from the back.
And he's not exactly a bad option however I feel Smith will stick with current pairing till Chester comes back.
Tuanzebe will have to bide time.
For balance though Tuanzebe could well come in and that Hause gets shifted to left back or the bench . That would depend on Taylor form.
So I wouldn't
Smith may bring him as a right centre half.
Chester though I think would defo come in for same reason as Tuanzebe and Chessie has the experience and leadership m know how

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2019, 06:05:33 PM »
I really wasn't liking his defending in that 5th goal by Forest and Grabban . Really basic stuff and he struggled physically to contain Grabban and did not prevent the goal
I think he could add something as a DM however I wonder how well he can learn and adapt the role.
Right back could be a situation or a 3rd central defender (unlikely but maybe when preserving a lead and final 5 /10 mins.
Tuanzebe adds another dimension and I think on the ball he's decent for this level as a central defender bringing ball out from the back.
And he's not exactly a bad option however I feel Smith will stick with current pairing till Chester comes back.
For balance though Tuanzebe could well come in and that Hause gets shifted to left back or the bench . That would depend on Taylor form.
So I wouldn't
Chester though I think would defo come in for same reason as Tuanzebe and Chessie has the experience and leadership m know how

The defence was a mess then - Chester was half fit with a knee problem.  You obviously missed Tuanzebe's performances at Derby, Middlesborough and West Brom ( hand ball goal aside). Then he got injured in training a week before Christmas. He was really beginning to show his potential especially his covering and bringing the ball out of defence. Him and Mings is the best pairing as a left and right foot combination. Hause is an excellent LB.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »
It should come down to who is the best left back - Hause - and who is the best right sided centre half - Axel - if we want to go up via the play offs.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2019, 06:22:37 PM »
So I wouldn't

The defence was a mess then - Chester was half fit with a knee problem.  You obviously missed Tuanzebe's performances at Derby, Middlesborough and West Brom ( hand ball goal aside). Then he got injured in training a week before Christmas. He was really beginning to show his potential especially his covering and bringing the ball out of defence. Him and Mings is the best pairing as a left and right foot combination. Hause is an excellent LB.
Granted ! But axel would have to get up to speed again and I think if it was a choice between the on loan learning his trade Tuanzebe or a fully fit Chester , captain , experienced and back fit it's Chester with very little questioning from me .
The reason being is Chessie is proven and class act .
Personally I contest that Mings and Tuanzebe would be 'best' pairing because I don't see how Tuanzebe would be ahead or better than Chester .
Potentially that pairing would be very decent however Chester and Mings have it all and would be the best pairing in league let alone the squad.
If one is saying Axel Tuanzebe is better defender than Chester I think that's folly .
A fit Chester has shown what he can do and is probably the best defender in league.
Axel Tuanzebe isnt anywhere near that acolade despite being a very decent defender.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:26:34 PM by footyskillz »

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2019, 06:29:08 PM »
Not interested in potential when we have Chester for here and now.
Play off final ? Like heck chester wouldn't play ahead of Tuanzebe if both fit.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »
If it's true that Axel is staying with us for next year and that we are getting business done early, great work from the club. Just a note of caution though, Chester and Axel cannot play together as a pairing.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #397 on: March 27, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
Elmohamady Tuanzabe Mings Hause

formidable defence and could get us promoted ………..

Offline jwarry

« Reply #398 on: March 27, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »

Maybe, but you don’t change a winning team....... unless you are Gareth Southgate of course!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #399 on: March 27, 2019, 10:40:59 PM »

Maybe, but you don’t change a winning team....... unless you are Gareth Southgate of course!

The best managers do it all the time, it's people like MON who see their team fall apart 2/3rds of the way through the season who refuse to make changes.

I'd bring him back slowly though, maybe take a couple of sub performances first before giving him a start, maybe even a sub playing 10-15 yards in front of Mings and Hause to see if he can be an option in there (he's played there for England at age group level).

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2019, 10:58:15 PM »
Where does James Chester fit in to those all shouting for Tuanzebe
On the bench
I don't think so.

Offline KRS

« Reply #401 on: March 28, 2019, 01:00:28 AM »
Both Axel and Chester have to get fit, play themselves into the team and bide their time until they have an opportunity to step back in. If Chester isn't at the races then he will quite rightly sit on the bench.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #402 on: March 28, 2019, 09:46:19 AM »
Where does James Chester fit in to those all shouting for Tuanzebe
On the bench
I don't think so.

That really depends on him, on reputation he gets into the team, on form this season he's not a starter. A big part of that was him playing through injury but you can't pretend the poor performances never happened.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #403 on: March 28, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »
Great to have competition for places. Just because Chester is captain doesn’t mean he gets straight back in.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2019, 02:07:57 PM »
Hard choice between Chester and Axel to partner Mings.  Whoever is fit first gets a head start though I suppose, with Hause returning to left back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal