collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 117906 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan again)
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2018, 05:48:16 AM »
This kid really isn't good enough right now to be anywhere near the team, considering how many right backs we have, it's madness.

Taxi for Bruce.

I just cant get my head round it.

Loaning him when we have elmo , Bree and RDL .. Its just stupid.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2018, 06:02:55 AM »
This kid really isn't good enough right now to be anywhere near the team, considering how many right backs we have, it's madness.

Taxi for Bruce.

Well its not if you play him at CB.  To loan him in and then not play him at CB but instead play him in a position where you have players already proven is madness, particularly when you then play a DM who has always looked out of his depth at CB at CB.  Actually, it's more than is madness, its verging on self sabotage. 

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2018, 08:27:11 AM »

Taxi for Bruce.

Well its not if you play him at CB.  To loan him in and then not play him at CB but instead play him in a position where you have players already proven is madness, particularly when you then play a DM who has always looked out of his depth at CB at CB.  Actually, it's more than is madness, its verging on self sabotage. 

Totally agree. It is worse than madness.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2018, 08:41:17 AM »

Taxi for Bruce.

thats my point as he is not going to play him at CB , He even used Bree in the cup at CB and put axel in bloody midfield where we have 126 midfielders ....  he has lost the plot,

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
I had no objection with Axel playing RB for a few games in order to bring him up to speed.  Especially as Elmo has been covering at RM.

However, Axel looks a million miles off being ready to partner Chester.  I'd go as far as to say that Bree is a better option at this point in time.  I thought that at Burton, only Bree came out of the game with any credit.

I really don't know what the answer is but currently, I'd go Elmo Chester Jedi and Hutton across the back.  I fear that Axel has to play under the terms of his loan agreement.  At this point in time, I'd be happy for a new manager to come in and play our strongest back 4 (which isn't great anyway).  If that means Man U recalling Axel then so be it.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2018, 12:11:04 PM »
I had no objection with Axel playing RB for a few games in order to bring him up to speed.  Especially as Elmo has been covering at RM.

However, Axel looks a million miles off being ready to partner Chester.  I'd go as far as to say that Bree is a better option at this point in time.  I thought that at Burton, only Bree came out of the game with any credit.

I really don't know what the answer is but currently, I'd go Elmo Chester Jedi and Hutton across the back.  I fear that Axel has to play under the terms of his loan agreement.  At this point in time, I'd be happy for a new manager to come in and play our strongest back 4 (which isn't great anyway).  If that means Man U recalling Axel then so be it.

Jedinak is awful at the back though.  OK he can head a ball half the length of the pitch, but he has no legs whatsoever, no positional awareness, no speed of thought and no ability to distribute the ball.  He's been dreadful in every single game he's played there.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2018, 12:32:29 PM »
Axel is good enough to play centre half for Man Utd in the Champions League and England U21s but not good enough to play there for the Villa?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2018, 12:38:31 PM »
Axel is good enough to play centre half for Man Utd in the Champions League and England U21s but not good enough to play there for the Villa?
you'd have to ask Bruce that one!
Bree, RDL and Hutton - as well as Axel - could all play CB better than Jedi; it's not like Bruce has no options at all!
It is a disgrace that Bruce and Calderwood between them cannot put a decent defence out (shit, he had the option of playing Axel at CB at Burton and turned that down!); it is the absolute minimum we should rightly expect. We may have only lost once in the league so far, but we have certainly conceded some stupid frigging goals.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:40:40 PM by Mister E »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »

How many games did he play at centre half for Man Utd ? I'm guessing less than 5...

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »

Amazingly a former excellent CB cannot identify the qualities needed in a CB. A bit like Lambert, who was very good as a player not knowing what a good midfielder looked like. Just bizarre.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »

If Axel was good enough to play in the CL, I can assure you that he wouldn't be at Villa today.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #281 on: September 02, 2018, 03:18:39 PM »

If Axel was good enough to play in the CL, I can assure you that he wouldn't be at Villa today.

He's already played in the CL, albeit one game last season before joining us.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2018, 03:37:24 PM »
Bruce's management of this kid has been utterly ludicrous, beyond egregious. The trouble is, in the brief time he was fit and with us last season, he never looked a PL quality player to me and he doesn't now - but that could be directly attributable to Bruce's appalling handling  of the lad.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2018, 06:34:29 PM »
Tuanzebe would be destroyed physically by Championship Center Forwards, he looks under the cosh just from wingers, the lad hasn't the heart yet for a physical battle, it would be murder having him center back.

The loan signing was poorly thought out. Atrocious management decisions again.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #284 on: September 02, 2018, 08:06:46 PM »
He played 20 mins in 1 game in the CL, it's like saying the likes of Tonev, Toner, Bowery etc are good enough for the Premier League because they played in it. If he was currently good enough for the CL he wouldn't be spending a second season on loan in Division 2.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal