collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 117922 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan again)
« Reply #255 on: August 29, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »
I can understand loaning young, attacking prospects but asking a twenty year old to be a mainstay in the championship is stupid.
Why not go for somebody like Kalas - as Bristol did?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2018, 04:52:05 AM »
I just don't agree he's been bad at right back

I do agree he needs to be better in physical battles and perhaps this is why he's not playing at centre back yet

Sorry I didn't mean that. I meant

Bruce is a fucking idiot. He doesn't know what he's doing. He'd probably play messi at right back. He just loves tuanzebe because he hates youngsters from Birmingham. He's only loaned him out as a favour to man u. He looks like a potato. I know more about him than football
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:54:06 AM by Matt Collins »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #257 on: August 30, 2018, 10:43:50 AM »
From what I've seen, he seems to have the positional sense of Richards and suspect courage levels to boot. A decent athlete but that's it. Bruce playing him right back beggars belief

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #258 on: August 30, 2018, 11:36:40 AM »

I do agree he needs to be better in physical battles and perhaps this is why he's not playing at centre back yet

Bruce is a fucking idiot. He doesn't know what he's doing. He'd probably play messi at right back. He just loves tuanzebe because he hates youngsters from Birmingham. He's only loaned him out as a favour to man u. He looks like a potato. I know more about him than football

Is he the best right back at the club?

If the answer to that is no then, given he's here on loan, he shouldn't be playing there because we shouldn't be retraining a youngster into a new position for another club. Loans, for us, should be about getting in players who are better than we have and improve the team.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #259 on: August 31, 2018, 05:15:11 PM »

I see that but why not put Jedi back into his defensive midfielder role to give Axel a bit of support against the more physical strikers. It worked for Terry and Chester last season, why not try it again?

Against less physical and more mobile strikers Axel should be able to hold his own allowing Bruce to use Whelan or Thor to play in front of the defence.

The other major benefit is we can choose from one of our 18 right backs to actually play in their preferred position.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2018, 07:56:47 PM »
This kid really isn't good enough right now to be anywhere near the team, considering how many right backs we have, it's madness.

Taxi for Bruce.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2018, 08:01:58 PM »
The whole defence is a complete clusterfuck. The truly baffling part is its been solely engineered by Bruce. It's like he wants to be sacked.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »

I see that but why not put Jedi back into his defensive midfielder role to give Axel a bit of support against the more physical strikers. It worked for Terry and Chester last season, why not try it again?

Against less physical and more mobile strikers Axel should be able to hold his own allowing Bruce to use Whelan or Thor to play in front of the defence.

The other major benefit is we can choose from one of our 18 right backs to actually play in their preferred position.
You’d think so wouldn’t you? But that’s too fucking obvious for this twat.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2018, 11:29:55 PM »
I think he also has a touch of the 'can't be bothereds' as he's doing us a favour.  Just my view, no proof of that of course.  Been pretty poor overall so far but is young and will hopefully learn as he goes. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2018, 11:34:02 PM »
He's really poor in the air. Got beat today, got beat by Watkins.

Surely a coaching issue about positioning and the like as I was towards the front and he is a huge specimen. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to compete.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2018, 12:21:15 AM »
He's really poor in the air. Got beat today, got beat by Watkins.

Surely a coaching issue about positioning and the like as I was towards the front and he is a huge specimen. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to compete.

Both times he was too narrow and gave the defender a 'run' on him.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2018, 12:27:03 AM »
Based on what I have seen he is not even the 4 th best RB at the club.
Baffling.

Who is benefiting from him playing at RB?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:39:18 AM by ChicagoLion »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2018, 01:13:11 AM »

This hasn't aged well.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2018, 01:20:23 AM »
Based on what I have seen he is not even the 4 th best RB at the club.
Baffling.

Who is benefiting from him playing at RB?

Man United? I still think its in his loan deal that we play him there - it's the only sane explanation. When Bruce was being interviewed by WM he was wittering on about missing out on the french kid, and i just thought, why doesn't the interviewer point out he has a centre half playing at right back. I mean are they just being polite in the face of stupidity or do they genuinely have no idea about our squad at all? And it's not just WM. NONE of the media ask him -is it off limits to point it out?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 01:23:54 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2018, 01:50:48 AM »
I wish Pat Murphy did more of our pressers. He's the only journalist who doesn't care about prickly managers and actually holds them to account. Would love to see him in boxing ring with Mourinho, seven rounds at most.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal