collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: DirtyLeeds vs Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 18507 times)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
Re: DirtyLeeds vs Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »
...how can their 2 beefy CB be so prone to falling over whenever David got near them?
Who?
Davis

Ah, now I see what happened!
Thanks

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »
Onomah is not a liability.

He isn't Paul, but I just don't think he is suited to the advanced role where he is currently being played.  I think he would be better off in a deeper role, with Grealish or O'Hare just in behind Davis.
If he plays deeper and still gives the ball away - as he has been doing regularly - he'll be doing so in more risky parts of the pitch.
As I said earlier, if the manager wants to play a youngster with a mistake or two in him, why not one of ours.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:02:43 PM by Mister E »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2017, 04:56:58 PM »
As Onomah is a superb prospect.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2017, 05:55:54 PM »
I only caught the second half so I saw Good Villa. Great goal from Lansbury and good display from Grealish. We'd have folded in a match like this last season.

My goodness Leeds can kick it. Yes they can.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2017, 06:20:06 PM »
Onomah has been disappointing for me for a while now, but him and Davis are kids so inconsistency is to be expected. Where I think Bruce could do better is to put someone more experienced just behind Davis, eg. Hourihane or Lansbury instead of Onomah. If he must play Onomah, play him as a box-to-box midfielder that can drive at the opposition like Delph used to do for us.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »
Onomah has been disappointing for me for a while now, but him and Davis are kids so inconsistency is to be expected. Where I think Bruce could do better is to put someone more experienced just behind Davis, eg. Hourihane or Lansbury instead of Onomah. If he must play Onomah, play him as a box-to-box midfielder that can drive at the opposition like Delph used to do for us.

Hourihane sort of plays behind Davis at the moment, albeit about 35 miles behind.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2017, 10:23:27 PM »
I agree that Onomah may be better deployed a little deeper. Jack should be playing in the 10 role for me, 100%.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2017, 10:44:29 PM »
Onomah was sensational against QPR. Overall, considering the problem we might have faced when grealish was out, I think he’s been a great success

But I agree grealish should come in

Long term Onomah is definitely a centre mid

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2017, 10:50:15 PM »
Onomah was sensational against QPR.

I wonder how much following that game, the 'Spurs want him back to run their midfield for the next ten years' got inside his head?
He's a good kid and will soon bounce back.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2017, 11:03:50 PM »
As Onomah is a superb prospect.

He is but that's not really going to benefit us so his value to us has to be judged as an established senior player and on that front I think he's been hit and miss and looks out of position.  I think he'd be much better coming from deeper so he's not picking the ball up with 2-3 players around him and often facing the wrong direction.  He should be competing for the spot Hourihane is in.  I'd even be tempted to simply swap the 2 of them.  Out of everyone though I think I'd rather see Grealish have a run of games in there because it's clearly the role he's most suited to and the 2nd half yesterday is a good example of how he can pull things together.

« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »
Onomah is a good prospect and I think we are lucky to have him on board tbh.

I agree that centre mid may be his best position, may be able to dictate more from there and is a physical lad. Whelan is nailed on and he has to compete with Lansbury (m choice re Millwall) and Hourihane

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »
Hourihane should be played just behind Davis, he has shown he can score goals, wasted where he plays now.

« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2017, 12:03:21 AM »
Hourihane should be played just behind Davis, he has shown he can score goals, wasted where he plays now.

Is that where he was playing for Barnsley? Not sure he is in the class of Grealish in that role tbh

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
Only managed to catch the last 15 mins or so on Radio Leeds, but during play and in the after discussion the presenters and pundit all said that while Leeds started strongly (having had a good result last time out) and shaded the first half that Villa were the dominant team throughout the second half, especially after making the substitutions. They seemed pretty pleased to have finished with a point for Leeds.

Offline Archivist

« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2017, 06:43:18 PM »
I loved it when Cafu squared up to the Ghanaian fella.  I love Cafu.

My good lady wife initially thought the chant was 'the Scottish cat food', so can I ask all fans to take care with their pronunciation when chanting in future. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal